Skysports Profile on Ebere Eze

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jdizzy
Egg
Egg
Skysports Profile on Ebere Eze

Post by jdizzy »

As part of their Championship Future Stars series.
I am ashamed to say that I still haven't watched the bobo play for QPR

Link: https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... uture-star
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Skysports Profile on Ebere Eze

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He plays a positions that tactics have rendered redundant in football. Only Nigerians seem to think a tricky player can dribble the whole team and pass it to the striker so he can score.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He plays a positions that tactics have rendered redundant in football. Only Nigerians seem to think a tricky player can dribble the whole team and pass it to the striker so he can score.
Kongi, I am confused - are the current QPR coach and Skysports pundits Nigerian too?
Last edited by jdizzy on Thu May 07, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jdizzy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He plays a positions that tactics have rendered redundant in football. Only Nigerians seem to think a tricky player can dribble the whole team and pass it to the striker so he can score.
Kongi, I am confused - are this current QPR coach and Skysports pundits Nigerian too?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"After QPR went to Elland Road and got beat by Leeds, (Marcelo) Bielsa was asked who his man of the match was and he said Stuart Dallas because for him to deal with and put up with a player like Eze who, in his opinion at that time, was a world-class player, that's an unbelievable compliment from a world-renowned manager. "

Bielsa is probably a closet Nigerian too and for some strange reason disagrees with our armchair analysts that Eze is a "reject".
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Quite generous of Bielsa, at this stage IMO.
But nonetheless, Eze is a real talent...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

jdizzy wrote:
Kongi, I am confused - are this current QPR coach and Skysports pundits Nigerian too?
You have to understand that people that ain't got no gaddem job don't think that way. To him they are all Nigerians.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If he agrees to play for Nigeria he will start for the SE.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

olu wrote:If he agrees to play for Nigeria he will start for the SE.
If he chooses England he’ll start on the bench!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

I expect him to move to a major club next season.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Aribo has done ok there but it’s a very poor man’s Eze.

If we could get him to switch, he could just be the missing piece.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

waka-man wrote:Eze really is the one.
My boy goes to school with Gareth Ainsworth’s boy and we often talk football. His view, having managed Eze on loan at Wycombe is that he’s the best young number 10 in England right now. He rates Ejaria really highly, but he puts Eze is a different league. And when I’ve watched QPR, I’ve been blown away by how good he’s been. Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals. The boy really is the embodiment of the modern midfielder and he’s just getting started.

If you watch our Afcom semi final it’s clear we haven’t got enough possession and creativity in front of Ndidi. Etebo is an amazing engine but limited in his use of the ball and Iwobi turns it over far to often and is less valuable when he drops deep which Rohr wants that position to do.

Please take this statement back abeg. Aribo hasn't aspired to be what you are ascribing to him, so how can he be a poor version of something else?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:

Please take this statement back abeg. Aribo hasn't aspired to be what you are ascribing to him, so how can he be a poor version of something else?
You mean like:
''Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals....the embodiment of the modern midfielder"?

It's just his opinion he is sharing nah, having watched the guy close-up... :idea:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:

You mean like:
''Vision, poise, strength, passing, dribbling, goals....the embodiment of the modern midfielder"?

It's just his opinion he is sharing nah, having watched the guy close-up... :idea:
This is subjective and is his definition of what he thinks the attributes a modern footballer should poses, He left out pace because it's not one of Ebere's attributes. Ebere isn't going to play for Naija anyway rather talk about those who would. If we are going evaluate Aribo's qualities, then I'd say he has all the attributes, add to that he can perform on a bigger stage. He scored against Brazil who has Ebere scored against?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:

You mean like:

This is subjective and is his definition of what he thinks the attributes a modern footballer should poses, He left out pace because it's not one of Ebere's attributes. Ebere isn't going to play for Naija anyway rather talk about those who would. If we are going evaluate Aribo's qualities, then I'd say he has all the attributes, add to that he can perform on a bigger stage.
Chief, its just an innocent opinion, as is yours.
You sound like you are ready for a scrap if anybody should 'try' you. :lol:

We all love Aribo, but some of us are hoping that Eze makes himself available for us if indeed he is as good as people are saying.

You are convinced he isn't interested and won't sign.
Some of us are willing to say "we just don't know" but are hoping for the best.
He scored against Brazil who has Ebere scored against?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its all good, regardless. :thumb:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

No I don't want a scrap he made very valid points until he decided to denigrate Aribo with the "Poor mans" label. Aribo had loads of potential and he hasn't shown 10% of what he is capable of. We seem to get this unfair practice of out with the old and in with the new. Aribo hasn't even been here 5 seconds.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:No I don't want a scrap he made very valid points until he decided to denigrate Aribo with the "Poor mans" label. Aribo had loads of potential and he hasn't shown 10% of what he is capable of. We seem to get this unfair practice of out with the old and in with the new. Aribo hasn't even been here 5 seconds.
I agree with you here, 100%
Anyway, I pray we continue to have excellent options from a high quality depth chart which is something we are only now beginning to see for the first time in decades.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

DIMKA76 wrote:No I don't want a scrap he made very valid points until he decided to denigrate Aribo with the "Poor mans" label. Aribo had loads of potential and he hasn't shown 10% of what he is capable of. We seem to get this unfair practice of out with the old and in with the new. Aribo hasn't even been here 5 seconds.
That’s a valid criticism and in retrospect the comment was too harsh on Aribo.
Point taken.
I was merely trying to say that I don’t think Aribo gives us the ball possession and creativity we need in the middle of the park.
Good discussion.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

As fans we must be appreciative of those who chose to play for us.
We need to stop this attitude of "the two birds in the bush, is worth more than the one at hand".
We seem to value the players that are yet to commit to the SE or those who have rejected the SE over those who have answered the call.

If our football administrators treat our boys bafly, must we add to the insult?

Lets respect our boys and use respectful language, even when you're expressing your opinion as to their worth in the team.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

pajimoh wrote:As fans we must be appreciative of those who chose to play for us.
We need to stop this attitude of "the two birds in the bush, is worth more than the one at hand".
We seem to value the players that are yet to commit to the SE or those who have rejected the SE over those who have answered the call.

If our football administrators treat our boys bafly, must we add to the insult?

Lets respect our boys and use respectful language, even when you're expressing your opinion as to their worth in the team.
Nothing to disagree with in that statement.
In regards to this post though, I think it is also ok for one to say he or she rates Eze much higher than Aribo. The transfer market does too. If the language of a “poor man’s version” is disrespectful, I take that back.
But the opinion, as a fan, still stands.
For the record, I’m super happy Aribo is in our team. His energy and bravery are a critical ingredient. But we still need more possession and creativity in the middle of our field.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

waka-man wrote:
That’s a valid criticism and in retrospect the comment was too harsh on Aribo.
Point taken.
I was merely trying to say that I don’t think Aribo gives us the ball possession and creativity we need in the middle of the park.
Good discussion.
No offence taken, your write-ups are full of knowledge and I always make a point to read them because I know you know your stuff. I come here to learn from informed people like you. Chai I did a Rohr :curse:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I disagree that Eze is better than Ejaria. My opinion from watching a few of their games. Time will tell.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."