Sven-Goran Erikson Opens up about Nigeria job .

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sven-Goran Erikson Opens up about Nigeria job .

Post by KingLoku »

Sven-Goran Erikson, former England manager, has revealed why he turned down the opportunity to coach the Super Eagles of Nigeria at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecab ... n-2010/amp
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sven-Goran Erikson Opens up about Nigeria job .

Post by Odas »

Thus they wanted to pocket some of his money obviously, assuming what the article/the coach said is true. Na wa for us in Nigeria.

But why wouldn't they when no one will be held accountable, no matter the issue or evidence
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

That's why the clamour for foreign coaches- more money. Now they clamour for their coaches to be paid in Naira.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

highbury wrote:That's why the clamour for foreign coaches- more money. Now they clamour for their coaches to be paid in Naira.
Wow! Are you for real? If you had posted that the real reason Amodu and co were sacked in 2010 is because of the opportunity created by this allegations, I would agree with you but linking Eriksson's allegations to paying Rohr in naira is a bit too farfetched IMO.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Everyone is now opening up a out the payment for squad places that occurred during the 2014 WC in Brazil. First it was Brown Ideye, then assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi and now it's Chinedu Obasi.
The Sports minister, Sunday Dare, said he would set up a sports Ombudsman to look into the allegations.
I expect more, maybe this revelations would bring sanity to our football.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:Everyone is now opening up a out the payment for squad places that occurred during the 2014 WC in Brazil. First it was Brown Ideye, then assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi and now it's Chinedu Obasi.
The Sports minister, Sunday Dare, said he would set up a sports Ombudsman to look into the allegations.
Who is going to respond on behalf of Keshi?

I dont know how this process can be fair when the one of the accused cannot defend himself.

Just a thought as well, and not in defense of in support of anyone, but in Nigeria, we all know that team lists are "approved by the NFF technical committee." Many times, our coaches end up picking less than 60% of the players on their list.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote:Everyone is now opening up a out the payment for squad places that occurred during the 2014 WC in Brazil. First it was Brown Ideye, then assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi and now it's Chinedu Obasi.

Who and who called the players who won the AFCON and qualified for the WC junk players? Who were the people up in arms that we can't field the same team that won the AFCON or we took to the Confederations cup to the World Cup proper? That will be your cue regarding who would have benefitted from suddenly opening up the team for slots.

Yeah, the "we should avoid disgrace crew... we need new players and a World Class coach crew".
A poor attempt at masking them wanting to use every and any means to flood the team with their clients.

Yes, we know them.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
Who is going to respond on behalf of Keshi?

I dont know how this process can be fair when the one of the accused cannot defend himself.

Just a thought as well, and not in defense of in support of anyone, but in Nigeria, we all know that team lists are "approved by the NFF technical committee." Many times, our coaches end up picking less than 60% of the players on their list.
Bros, don't mind them.

The folks who criminally kicked them out of their hotel during their Semi-Final game, owed them money in South Africa, shocked that they won the AFCON while they were interviewing new coaches are still there.

The guys who didn't like the mix of players used for the AFCON and the Confederation Cup.

The ones who embezzled WC money.

Yes, the ones that insisted that the team be overhauled.

The ones who kept on hammering that the coaching crew weren't good enough and were just too happy that the team lost to France so they can finally get rid of Keshi to teach him a lesson while keeping the balance of the money the President had to fly to Brazil to settle the team's outstanding obligations.

Yes, those people will blame it all on Keshi... because he is not there to name names.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!