Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 5:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2594
Proof will be also impossible except Obasi has it on tape or camera or access to Keshi's bank documents or something like that. Other players making accusations may also have emboldened him.

I would not be surprised if a number of the players in the 2014 squad paid bribes. However, that will be very hard to prove.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62079
theYemster wrote:
I'm from the planet where he records the subsequent conversation or the proof of payment since they clearly wouldn't expect him to have the money ready at first asking. You know, the same way Salisu was recorded. Yup, that planet.

You are definitely not on this planet since Obasi didn't say he paid up. There are very few people on this planet that would have "proof" of a bribe request unless you routinely record phone conversations.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 48466
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Dammy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Wasn't Obasi injured?

That's the fallacy, Obasi was not injured. He had fully recovered from injury but they can't even bother to check up before responding!


Obasi could have offered a bribe to a tout to get into the team.

But let's not start making it like he deserved to be on the team and was dropped.

A chronically injured Obasi was recovering from injury and was rightfully dropped.

The problem I have with these allegations is that it detracts from the real problem of deserving players being dropped for fringe and even undeserving players based on some chicanery by coaches and football officials.

The only way Obasi would have gotten into that team was by bribing someone.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6099
Location: Ajegunle
olu wrote:
Proof will be also impossible except Obasi has it on tape or camera or access to Keshi's bank documents or something like that. Other players making accusations may also have emboldened him.

I would not be surprised if a number of the players in the 2014 squad paid bribes. However, that will be very hard to prove.


Again I say. Abeg help me tell am bro. In the Harvey situation, The emotional hurt many of the women suffered was not just from the original crime but from the feeling of helplessness. They felt they were up against an establishment which had shut it's doors firmly against them while they saw victim after victim surface with no route to redress. A formidable adversary!

The wall of silence which fell and the lack of witnesses and in many cases evidence. People Power prevailed because a lot of them overcame the silence and spoke up. You stand there asking for evidence. Sunday Oliseh alluded to the corrupt system only something like a public enquiry would bring things like this out but na Naija we dey talk. I am not sure they even know about the word "witness protection" but I am sure the they know about "witness intimidation"

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9515
theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
2014 is less than six years ago. He could've very easily secretly recorded the conversation since I'm assuming they wouldn't discuss it via text. The technology was readily available back then.

I agree with Shorunmu that he should offer evidence of his allegations. Can't be word of mouth even though I'm inclined to believe him.

I wonder what planet some of you are. So someone rings you to demand a bribe and you immediately start recording the conversation?

Abi O. Abeg, help me ask them

You're too slow to read that I already responded.

The people who recorded Salisu collecting his own bribe that got him banned, were they from Mars? :roll:


More a case of you are too one-tracked minded to be able to see issues from a variety of perspectives. Take note the #METOO movement. Nobody believed them, they suffered horrendous assaults. Now go and ask each and everyone of those women for evidence. You can't disregard such claims without due diligence, not unless you are complicit in such corrupt practices yourself.

So why is he speaking out six years after? I'm not saying he should've outed them back then but if he is being asked for a bribe and hopes to speak out, then he should be intelligent enough to get evidence of it rather than hope people will just take his word for it because he said so.

Like I asked, the people who exposed Salisu, are they from Mars?


Bros, the person who exposed Salisu is a sting journalist whose job is to perform sting operations. So in that sense you can say he is from Mars compared to a football player.

Most of us aren't journos and don't record our conversations.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9515
DIMKA76 wrote:
olu wrote:
Proof will be also impossible except Obasi has it on tape or camera or access to Keshi's bank documents or something like that. Other players making accusations may also have emboldened him.

I would not be surprised if a number of the players in the 2014 squad paid bribes. However, that will be very hard to prove.


Again I say. Abeg help me tell am bro. In the Harvey situation, The emotional hurt many of the women suffered was not just from the original crime but from the feeling of helplessness. They felt they were up against an establishment which had shut it's doors firmly against them while they saw victim after victim surface with no route to redress. A formidable adversary!

The wall of silence which fell and the lack of witnesses and in many cases evidence. People Power prevailed because a lot of them overcame the silence and spoke up. You stand there asking for evidence. Sunday Oliseh alluded to the corrupt system only something like a public enquiry would bring things like this out but na Naija we dey talk. I am not sure they even know about the word "witness protection" but I am sure the they know about "witness intimidation"


The number of credible people making the same claim, Amokachi calling Keshi an agent and saying he was shocked about Ideye's non-inclusion is enough proof for me. Couple all this with the absurd careers Uchebo, Nwofor, Ameobi, Gabriel Ruben etc had before and after the world cup...

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 35080
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
I'm from the planet where he records the subsequent conversation or the proof of payment since they clearly wouldn't expect him to have the money ready at first asking. You know, the same way Salisu was recorded. Yup, that planet.

You are definitely not on this planet since Obasi didn't say he paid up. There are very few people on this planet that would have "proof" of a bribe request unless you routinely record phone conversations.

He doesn't have to pay up. Agree to get back to them and when he does, pretends to try to negotiate but this time record it.

It's not rocket science. If not any player who justifiably gets dropped gets to claim it was becos he refused to offer bribe.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:06 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5838
Obasi will probably apologize.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6099
Location: Ajegunle
niyi wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
olu wrote:
Proof will be also impossible except Obasi has it on tape or camera or access to Keshi's bank documents or something like that. Other players making accusations may also have emboldened him.

I would not be surprised if a number of the players in the 2014 squad paid bribes. However, that will be very hard to prove.


Again I say. Abeg help me tell am bro. In the Harvey situation, The emotional hurt many of the women suffered was not just from the original crime but from the feeling of helplessness. They felt they were up against an establishment which had shut it's doors firmly against them while they saw victim after victim surface with no route to redress. A formidable adversary!

The wall of silence which fell and the lack of witnesses and in many cases evidence. People Power prevailed because a lot of them overcame the silence and spoke up. You stand there asking for evidence. Sunday Oliseh alluded to the corrupt system only something like a public enquiry would bring things like this out but na Naija we dey talk. I am not sure they even know about the word "witness protection" but I am sure the they know about "witness intimidation"


The number of credible people making the same claim, Amokachi calling Keshi an agent and saying he was shocked about Ideye's non-inclusion is enough proof for me. Couple all this with the absurd careers Uchebo, Nwofor, Ameobi, Gabriel Ruben etc had before and after the world cup...

That's exactly what I am on about!!

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62079
theYemster wrote:
He doesn't have to pay up. Agree to get back to them and when he does, pretends to try to negotiate but this time record it.

It's not rocket science. If not any player who justifiably gets dropped gets to claim it was becos he refused to offer bribe.

You are the one living on another planet and you need rocket science to come back to earth. On earth, bribes are regularly requested and if you don't want to play ball, you ignore the demand and there would be no proof of the conversation.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 35080
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
He doesn't have to pay up. Agree to get back to them and when he does, pretends to try to negotiate but this time record it.

It's not rocket science. If not any player who justifiably gets dropped gets to claim it was becos he refused to offer bribe.

You are the one living on another planet and you need rocket science to come back to earth. On earth, bribes are regularly requested and if you don't want to play ball, you ignore the demand and there would be no proof of the conversation.

You always have to be right sha. Heaven forbid you admit being wrong.

Again the people who got Salisu on tape aren't from Mars yet you're here waxing poetic that it's not possible to plan beforehand to entrap them. The first time they ask for the bribe they don't expect you to have the money ready so surely there'll be a follow-up conversation. Why not do everything they did with the exception of actually paying the bribe. Pretend to play ball and record everyting up until the moment you have to hand over payment and then find a reason to back out but by then you have something on tape, even if not enough to convict in a court of law at least something that would've gone a long way to giving his allegations credibility.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62079
theYemster wrote:
You always have to be right sha. Heaven forbid you admit being wrong.

Again the people who got Salisu on tape aren't from Mars yet you're here waxing poetic that it's not possible to plan beforehand to entrap them. The first time they ask for the bribe they don't expect you to have the money ready so surely there'll be a follow-up conversation. Why not do everything they did with the exception of actually paying the bribe. Pretend to play ball and record everyting up until the moment you have to hand over payment and then find a reason to back out but by then you have something on tape, even if not enough to convict in a court of law at least something that would've gone a long way to giving his allegations credibility.

:lol: You've already been told that Salisu was caught on tape by a journo specialising in stings!

Stop making unreasonable demands - that's usually the case with people trying to defend criminality. Obasi just recalled what happened in 2014. It is most likely someone asked him for a bribe. That type of request could have been made over the phone or in person. It is unreasonable to expect him to take steps to entrap the person. He most likely acted like most people and just didn't take the matter any further. The fact that there is no tape, doesn't mean it didn't happen. His allegations are very credible and is corroborated by a few other people, including Taiye Taiwo.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9515
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
He doesn't have to pay up. Agree to get back to them and when he does, pretends to try to negotiate but this time record it.

It's not rocket science. If not any player who justifiably gets dropped gets to claim it was becos he refused to offer bribe.

You are the one living on another planet and you need rocket science to come back to earth. On earth, bribes are regularly requested and if you don't want to play ball, you ignore the demand and there would be no proof of the conversation.

You always have to be right sha. Heaven forbid you admit being wrong.

Again the people who got Salisu on tape aren't from Mars yet you're here waxing poetic that it's not possible to plan beforehand to entrap them. The first time they ask for the bribe they don't expect you to have the money ready so surely there'll be a follow-up conversation. Why not do everything they did with the exception of actually paying the bribe. Pretend to play ball and record everyting up until the moment you have to hand over payment and then find a reason to back out but by then you have something on tape, even if not enough to convict in a court of law at least something that would've gone a long way to giving his allegations credibility.


Why do you keep saying this?

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6099
Location: Ajegunle
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
You always have to be right sha. Heaven forbid you admit being wrong.

Again the people who got Salisu on tape aren't from Mars yet you're here waxing poetic that it's not possible to plan beforehand to entrap them. The first time they ask for the bribe they don't expect you to have the money ready so surely there'll be a follow-up conversation. Why not do everything they did with the exception of actually paying the bribe. Pretend to play ball and record everyting up until the moment you have to hand over payment and then find a reason to back out but by then you have something on tape, even if not enough to convict in a court of law at least something that would've gone a long way to giving his allegations credibility.

:lol: You've already been told that Salisu was caught on tape by a journo specialising in stings!

Stop making unreasonable demands - that's usually the case with people trying to defend criminality. Obasi just recalled what happened in 2014. It is most likely someone asked him for a bribe. That type of request could have been made over the phone or in person. It is unreasonable to expect him to take steps to entrap the person. He most likely acted like most people and just didn't take the matter any further. The fact that there is no tape, doesn't mean it didn't happen. His allegations are very credible and is corroborated by a few other people, including Taiye Taiwo.


KPOM! X 1000

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9647
Emenike has granted an interview with owngoalnigeria.com in which he said Obasi was telling the truth.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8014
And now Emenike has apparently joined suite by stating that Obasi was indeed telling the truth.
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
You always have to be right sha. Heaven forbid you admit being wrong.

Again the people who got Salisu on tape aren't from Mars yet you're here waxing poetic that it's not possible to plan beforehand to entrap them. The first time they ask for the bribe they don't expect you to have the money ready so surely there'll be a follow-up conversation. Why not do everything they did with the exception of actually paying the bribe. Pretend to play ball and record everyting up until the moment you have to hand over payment and then find a reason to back out but by then you have something on tape, even if not enough to convict in a court of law at least something that would've gone a long way to giving his allegations credibility.

:lol: You've already been told that Salisu was caught on tape by a journo specialising in stings!

Stop making unreasonable demands - that's usually the case with people trying to defend criminality. Obasi just recalled what happened in 2014. It is most likely someone asked him for a bribe. That type of request could have been made over the phone or in person. It is unreasonable to expect him to take steps to entrap the person. He most likely acted like most people and just didn't take the matter any further. The fact that there is no tape, doesn't mean it didn't happen. His allegations are very credible and is corroborated by a few other people, including Taiye Taiwo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2594
I have nothing against players coming forward to speak out against corruption. I encourage people to speak out against corruption in all spheres of life. I was just noting that providing proof may be challenging.

DIMKA76 wrote:
olu wrote:
Proof will be also impossible except Obasi has it on tape or camera or access to Keshi's bank documents or something like that. Other players making accusations may also have emboldened him.

I would not be surprised if a number of the players in the 2014 squad paid bribes. However, that will be very hard to prove.


Again I say. Abeg help me tell am bro. In the Harvey situation, The emotional hurt many of the women suffered was not just from the original crime but from the feeling of helplessness. They felt they were up against an establishment which had shut it's doors firmly against them while they saw victim after victim surface with no route to redress. A formidable adversary!

The wall of silence which fell and the lack of witnesses and in many cases evidence. People Power prevailed because a lot of them overcame the silence and spoke up. You stand there asking for evidence. Sunday Oliseh alluded to the corrupt system only something like a public enquiry would bring things like this out but na Naija we dey talk. I am not sure they even know about the word "witness protection" but I am sure the they know about "witness intimidation"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6099
Location: Ajegunle
olu wrote:
I have nothing against players coming forward to speak out against corruption. I encourage people to speak out against corruption in all spheres of life. I was just noting that providing proof may be challenging.

DIMKA76 wrote:
olu wrote:
Proof will be also impossible except Obasi has it on tape or camera or access to Keshi's bank documents or something like that. Other players making accusations may also have emboldened him.

I would not be surprised if a number of the players in the 2014 squad paid bribes. However, that will be very hard to prove.


Again I say. Abeg help me tell am bro. In the Harvey situation, The emotional hurt many of the women suffered was not just from the original crime but from the feeling of helplessness. They felt they were up against an establishment which had shut it's doors firmly against them while they saw victim after victim surface with no route to redress. A formidable adversary!

The wall of silence which fell and the lack of witnesses and in many cases evidence. People Power prevailed because a lot of them overcame the silence and spoke up. You stand there asking for evidence. Sunday Oliseh alluded to the corrupt system only something like a public enquiry would bring things like this out but na Naija we dey talk. I am not sure they even know about the word "witness protection" but I am sure the they know about "witness intimidation"


Sorry for the confusion, I was quoting you to support your assertion and emphasize it with the above :thumb:

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 35080
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
You always have to be right sha. Heaven forbid you admit being wrong.

Again the people who got Salisu on tape aren't from Mars yet you're here waxing poetic that it's not possible to plan beforehand to entrap them. The first time they ask for the bribe they don't expect you to have the money ready so surely there'll be a follow-up conversation. Why not do everything they did with the exception of actually paying the bribe. Pretend to play ball and record everyting up until the moment you have to hand over payment and then find a reason to back out but by then you have something on tape, even if not enough to convict in a court of law at least something that would've gone a long way to giving his allegations credibility.

:lol: You've already been told that Salisu was caught on tape by a journo specialising in stings!

Stop making unreasonable demands - that's usually the case with people trying to defend criminality. Obasi just recalled what happened in 2014. It is most likely someone asked him for a bribe. That type of request could have been made over the phone or in person. It is unreasonable to expect him to take steps to entrap the person. He most likely acted like most people and just didn't take the matter any further. The fact that there is no tape, doesn't mean it didn't happen. His allegations are very credible and is corroborated by a few other people, including Taiye Taiwo.

What is unreasonable in recording a conversation? First you said it's not possible to know beforehand. Then I suggested how it is indeed possible and now you're suggesting it's an unreasonable request? The fact that a journalist did it is irrelevant. People record videos and whatnot and post on social media everyday, you don't need to be a "specialist" to hit record on your phone. Not saying he should've gone public with it but if someone is asking you for bribe it's not an unreasonable request to record the followup conversation.

And I never said the fact that there is no tape means it never happened. In fact if you go back and read my post, I specifically said I'm inclined to believe he is telling the truth. But he should've recorded it cos it carries more weight especially when he's only now speaking out six years later and after Keshi's death when he is unable to defend himself.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 35080
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
niyi wrote:
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
He doesn't have to pay up. Agree to get back to them and when he does, pretends to try to negotiate but this time record it.

It's not rocket science. If not any player who justifiably gets dropped gets to claim it was becos he refused to offer bribe.

You are the one living on another planet and you need rocket science to come back to earth. On earth, bribes are regularly requested and if you don't want to play ball, you ignore the demand and there would be no proof of the conversation.

You always have to be right sha. Heaven forbid you admit being wrong.

Again the people who got Salisu on tape aren't from Mars yet you're here waxing poetic that it's not possible to plan beforehand to entrap them. The first time they ask for the bribe they don't expect you to have the money ready so surely there'll be a follow-up conversation. Why not do everything they did with the exception of actually paying the bribe. Pretend to play ball and record everyting up until the moment you have to hand over payment and then find a reason to back out but by then you have something on tape, even if not enough to convict in a court of law at least something that would've gone a long way to giving his allegations credibility.


Why do you keep saying this?

Because he suggested that I must be from another planet for daring to suggest that Obasi should've recorded the conversation, implying it wasn't possible because there was no way for Obasi to predetermine that he will be asked for a bribe and as such be ready to record the conversation.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62079
theYemster wrote:
What is unreasonable in recording a conversation? First you said it's not possible to know beforehand. Then I suggested how it is indeed possible and now you're suggesting it's an unreasonable request? The fact that a journalist did it is irrelevant. People record videos and whatnot and post on social media everyday, you don't need to be a "specialist" to hit record on your phone. Not saying he should've gone public with it but if someone is asking you for bribe it's not an unreasonable request to record the followup conversation.

And I never said the fact that there is no tape means it never happened. In fact if you go back and read my post, I specifically said I'm inclined to believe he is telling the truth. But he should've recorded it cos it carries more weight especially when he's only now speaking out six years later and after Keshi's death when he is unable to defend himself.

Jeez! How many conversations on the phone have you ever recorded? How many normal people do that? I have given you the likely scenarios in which a bribe could be requested. It is unreasonable bordering on dumb to ask for evidence of something someone said either on the phone or in person b/c people don't usually do this in the normal course of events.

You said recording the conversation would have made Obasi "credible". You are wrong! A record of the conversation just makes the case stronger. Obasi is a credible witness unless you can show he has a habit of lying or that what he said is highly unlikely. His claim has also been corroborated by others. It doesn't matter when the truth comes out. He may have spoken now because that was when a journalist asked him the question. Spare us the BS about Keshi being unable to defend himself. The allegations of dodgy behaviour were there when he was alive.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 35080
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote:
What is unreasonable in recording a conversation? First you said it's not possible to know beforehand. Then I suggested how it is indeed possible and now you're suggesting it's an unreasonable request? The fact that a journalist did it is irrelevant. People record videos and whatnot and post on social media everyday, you don't need to be a "specialist" to hit record on your phone. Not saying he should've gone public with it but if someone is asking you for bribe it's not an unreasonable request to record the followup conversation.

And I never said the fact that there is no tape means it never happened. In fact if you go back and read my post, I specifically said I'm inclined to believe he is telling the truth. But he should've recorded it cos it carries more weight especially when he's only now speaking out six years later and after Keshi's death when he is unable to defend himself.

Jeez! How many conversations on the phone have you ever recorded? How many normal people do that? I have given you the likely scenarios in which a bribe could be requested. It is unreasonable bordering on dumb to ask for evidence of something someone said either on the phone or in person b/c people don't usually do this in the normal course of events.

You said recording the conversation would have made Obasi "credible". You are wrong! A record of the conversation just makes the case stronger. Obasi is a credible witness unless you can show he has a habit of lying or that what he said is highly unlikely. His claim has also been corroborated by others. It doesn't matter when the truth comes out. He may have spoken now because that was when a journalist asked him the question. Spare us the BS about Keshi being unable to defend himself. The allegations of dodgy behaviour were there when he was alive.

Other than recording myself or friends for fun, none because I never felt the need to since I've never been asked for a bribe.

But if I were being asked, you damn sure well know I would've recorded it. And being pressured for a bribe isn't a normal course of events so yes you're right about that it would be dumb to ask him to be recording every conversation he has. But that's not what I suggested and you know it.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 62079
theYemster wrote:
Other than recording myself or friends for fun, none because I never felt the need to since I've never been asked for a bribe.

But if I were being asked, you damn sure well know I would've recorded it. And being pressured for a bribe isn't a normal course of events so yes you're right about that it would be dumb to ask him to be recording every conversation he has. But that's not what I suggested and you know it.

Not everyone is as sneaky as you. I have never recorded a conversation. The only proof we have from this conversation is that you are not very reasonable.

_________________
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group