Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 6:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Big fish revealed?
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 pm 

Dammy, if this ya fish turns out to be Eja shawa you go hear wen. :laugh:

Now this is a big fish here. Na him? The way they talked about him i don’t see Enguland getting this boy.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/05/ ... er-eagles/

Post subject: Re: Big fish revealed?
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:20 pm 

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Now this is a big fish here. Na him? The way they talked about him i don’t see Enguland getting this boy.

This LAD will be indeed the FIRST BIG FISH secured by Super Eagles over England if he indeed agrees to play for Nigeria. This is the first guy that we can argue convincingly was of great interest to England that Nigeria would have secured.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:38 pm 

Kudos to the Born Leader, Yobo. The mere mention of his great name is making hard core British and dutch kids fall over themselves to comit to Nigeria. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:05 pm 

Enugu II wrote:

This LAD will be indeed the FIRST BIG FISH secured by Super Eagles over England if he indeed agrees to play for Nigeria. This is the first guy that we can argue convincingly was of great interest to England that Nigeria would have secured.

Naija haven't won this battle yet. England have a trump card that will shock people here.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:27 pm 

DIMKA76 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Naija haven't won this battle yet. England have a trump card that will shock people here.

DIMKA76,

Bros, I hope that trump card will fail. Wetin I'm be?

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:53 pm 

DIMKA76 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

What do you think the trump card could be?
It has to be something above board.
If not, anything unethical could blow up in their faces.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:25 pm 

His focus will on signing his first big contract.. At 18, it is unlikely he will want to commit his international career. Rohr is building a team that will be able to compete at the highest level, if we keep pushing on the lure will be there.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:03 pm 

DIMKA76 wrote:
When did you become a gossip merchant. If there's something to reveal then reveal it. :mrgreen:

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2020
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:04 pm 

DIMKA76 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I hope so.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:08 pm 

1naija wrote:
Kudos to the Born Leader, Yobo. The mere mention of his great name is making hard core British and dutch kids fall over themselves to comit to Nigeria. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

If you don't stop this Yobo nonsense, I will remind the Presidency of his campaign for GEJ, and you know what will happen! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:26 pm 

The Trump card could be a call up to their next friendly later this year. i don’t see him turning down England if they call him first, SE might not have a game till next spring.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:59 am 

Enugu II wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

DIMKA76,

Bros, I hope that trump card will fail. Wetin I'm be?

I just heard something which I cant confirm as true. All I can say is the next England call up may have Saka among the standbys. ...and true, I don't deal in rumours, so I had to temper peoples expectations before they get seriously disappointed. Saka has wonderful crosses, his left foot is pure magic.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 am 

DIMKA76 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

OooooohhhhH!!! I am sooooo scareddddd!!! seee meeeee... I am shoccccckkedd! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 am 

How difficult is soccer that the NFA is scouring the globe to source players. Nigeria can field 50 teams just from Nigeria right now that will give any world power a run for their money. The bigger problem is quality coaching and fair selection in my opinion. Yall cant tell me this Busayo Saka is that much better than the lads that just competed at the U17 and like that most will be discarded and the sourcing from England and Germany continues. What the Nigerian raised teams needs is help showcasing the local league and talent to the world so they can get opportunities to play abroad and learn the intricacies of the game but the talent is there in Nigeria. Otherwise soon the local fans might disengage if they start seeing a brand of soccer they cant relate to from their national teams.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 4:47 am 

oscar52 wrote:
How difficult is soccer that the NFA is scouring the globe to source players. Nigeria can field 50 teams just from Nigeria right now that will give any world power a run for their money. The bigger problem is quality coaching and fair selection in my opinion. Yall cant tell me this Busayo Saka is that much better than the lads that just competed at the U17 and like that most will be discarded and the sourcing from England and Germany continues. What the Nigerian raised teams needs is help showcasing the local league and talent to the world so they can get opportunities to play abroad and learn the intricacies of the game but the talent is there in Nigeria. Otherwise soon the local fans might disengage if they start seeing a brand of soccer they cant relate to from their national teams.

oscar52, your idea of "showcasing the local league to the world so they can get opportunities abroad" only contributes to further sourcing from England, Germany etc. What you've only said is the league be designed as a conduit to foreign teams. If after more than 70 years of playing football in Nigeria and the local league isn't at par with some foreign teams then there's a problem. We'll only keep on chasing standards while the likes of Jordan Eye-b, Tammy Abraham, Akpoguma etc will tell us not to bother them.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:34 am 

Dammy wrote:
1naija wrote:

If you don't stop this Yobo nonsense, I will remind the Presidency of his campaign for GEJ, and you know what will happen! :lol: :lol:

We dictate to the President.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:00 am 

oscar52 wrote:
OK

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:23 am 

oscar52 wrote:

The NFF can actually field more than 50 teams but the question is will they win anything?

Most go use SE reach abroad. When you call them back dem go come back with designer bags, reach village first, play some rubbish football, show bigmanship and return to club.

Make home and foreign born naija fight for shirt. May the best ones win

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:43 am 

Na Eze me I want

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:27 pm 

oscar52 wrote:

I agree with you bro. The problem is the greedy people surrounding such young naive talents from administrators, coaches, agents, parents who all want to eat from any prospective deal thereby pushing the player's best interest into an afterthought.
Many talented young Nigerians have had developmental clubs in Europe turn them down because they have many "agents" claiming to act for them.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:08 pm 

Dammy wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

I agree with you bro. The problem is the greedy people surrounding such young naive talents from administrators, coaches, agents, parents who all want to eat from any prospective deal thereby pushing the player's best interest into an afterthought.
Many talented young Nigerians have had developmental clubs in Europe turn them down because they have many "agents" claiming to act for them.

I tell you. Its one thing to source physical/athletic specimen of the likes of Oliseh or generational talent like the two Ronaldos but to be sourcing every player of Nigerian heritage that happens to play in the top flight is doing injustice to the kids in Nigeria that need the opportunity the most. When the world cups where envisioned I dont think this is what they had in mind where like 70% of the players representing the participating countries are raised in like 5 Europeans soccer nations. The worldcup will simply lose its flair and flamboyance.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:52 pm 

oscar52 wrote:
I tell you. Its one thing to source physical/athletic specimen of the likes of Oliseh or generational talent like the two Ronaldos but to be sourcing every player of Nigerian heritage that happens to play in the top flight is doing injustice to the kids in Nigeria that need the opportunity the most. When the world cups where envisioned I don't think this is what they had in mind where like 70% of the players representing the participating countries are raised in like 5 Europeans soccer nations. The worldcup will simply lose its flair and flamboyance.
Oscar52, the key question is, 'do we want to be competitive on the world stage or not?'
If we have players performing in the top four or five leagues of the world, you are telling me that some of them should be ignored for promising local talent who, when the chips are down, are no match?
The game has changed even from the era of JJ, Taribo, Kanu and Finidi and right now, he who dares, wins.
No questions asked.

The Nigerian economy is driving millions of ordinary Nigerians out to where the money is in the west. They are having children. Those children are playing football and have access to training facilities, developmental programmes, nutrition and top scouting opportunities that our locals can only dream of.

Yet you somehow believe its a level playing field.
It isn't and won't be for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:51 pm 

Dammy's reputation is really on the line here. :D

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2020
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.