Ehizibue and Awoniyi(hangs)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ehizibue and Awoniyi(hangs)

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: The man is using Naijaria to gain experience and the natives are cheering loudly... that he targets and goals should not be set for him.
With all due respect Cellular, this is yet another straw man.
Why do you guys have to use straw men as a base on which to build your case?
If its not one thing its another. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote: The man is using Naijaria to gain experience and the natives are cheering loudly... that he targets and goals should not be set for him.
Did he go to the WC to gain experience, Yes or No?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Did he go to the WC to gain experience, Yes or No?
:D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:The man is using Naijaria to gain experience and the natives are cheering loudly..
Just like you cheered Shola Ameobi at WC 2014. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Fan of Awoniyi’s German club complains of ‘too many black players’
by Score Nigeria Editor
June 9, 2020 8:41 pm

A fan of Mainz 05, where Taiwo Awoniyi plays, has written a letter to the club to complain that there are just too many black players in the team.

The fan said he now gets the impression he is watching the Africa Cup and not the Bundesliga going by the number of black players on the starting XI.

“It has been several months now that I can no longer identify myself with this club, ” said the man whose identity was not revealed.

“I get the impression that I’m watching the Africa Cup instead of the Bundesliga. I know what you think, but no I’m not a racist like that. I would blame myself for that. But enough is enough.

“If our starting line-up has had nine (!!!) black players in recent weeks while German talents get fewer and fewer chances, this is no longer the club of my heart.

“At least those were players who stood for something and had a mentality. Those were players who gave their blood, sweat and tears to the club. ”

Mainz have swiftly responded, describing the fan’s thoughts as “unacceptable” and further said they will be happy for him to cancel his season ticket.

Awoniyi is on loan at Mainz from Liverpool, while Leon Balogun and Anthony Ujah previously featured for the club.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/fan-of-awon ... k-players/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Awoniyi was rushed to hospital today after a head and neck injury.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Nasty clash of heads with Felix Udokhai in the 20th minute of the match between Mainze and Augsburg today.
Fortunately, they say he is stable and recouperating rom the concussion.
However, it looks like his season might be over. Wish him the best.
Lolly wrote:Awoniyi was rushed to hospital today after a head and neck injury.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:Udokhai has a decision to make soon. My sources claim that he put off a decision about committing to Nigeria till the summer because he wanted to play for Germany at the Olympics.
Now the Olympics has been postponed until next year and I don't think the SE will wait until next year for his decision. It's now or never!
Is he any better than our 'worst' central defender?
Just asking.
I suspect Balogun’s days are numbered❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote:
olu wrote:Was very impressed with Bazee. He is fast, strong, and a direct player. Caused problems for Koln's defense. Udokhai looked solid when his team was defending. His team did more attacking today though so didn't see enough of him.

Ehizibue is a true RB. Very disciplined defensively. Joins the attack , crosses well, and doesn't give the ball away often. The SE RB job is his for the taking. Ebuehi will have a hard time displacing him if he regains fitness. Aina is an option too at RB, but I'll rather see Aina at LB over Collins.

:o
vancity eagle wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Ausgburg vs Koln today, with 3 Nigerian prospects on display.
1. Udokhai - looked very solid as a left Centerback. Pacy and strong. Had Koln's Jhon Cordoba on lockdown all through the game. Impressive performance.
2. Osarenren Bazee - slowly getting back to form. Glad he went the full 90 today (alongside the other 2 prospects). As mentioned earlier by Emir, will definately be a force to reckone with as a CE winger. Deceptively pacy and skillful, which is really good.
3. Ehizubue - looked solid as RB. Blistering pace and really strong on the ball. His set up for Koln's goal was brilliant.

All in all, 3 exciting players who will definately add value to the SE, if opportuned.
Udokhai is a very solid prospect, Ehizibue has got pace and his cross set up the goal but it seems he lost his man for the equaliser. I drool over the combination of Ehizibue and Chukwueze on the right for the SE. They will give defenders nightmares!
Osareren-Obaze looks very exciting as well.
Udokhai had a decent game but i didn’t see anything to suggest he’s better than what we already have other than he’s left footed. Rohr will have a tough time choosing the wing players with the quality we have, I don’t think we’ve ever had such depth on the wings. We have about 3-4 class players on each wing to choose from.

LW/LWF - Simon,Ejuke, Musa, Onyekuru,Iwobi
RW/RWF - Chukwueze,Bazee, Bonaventure,

With Osihmen,Nacho and Dessers battling for the center forward position we’ll have the most potent attack we’ve ever had.

SE are back folks!

You forgot Kalu.

And abeg Musas time is up.

With all these wingers Rohr needs to convert somebody into an AM, especially since for now, we dont have Eze.

IMO Aina is much better than Ezibuhue.

He is much better in an attacking sense. Eze seems to have good crosses but rarely joins in the attack.

It would be interesting to see Aina on the left and Eze on the right, because Collins has been the weakest link for SE for a while now.
Who is this Ezibuhue you keep talking about? Do you mean Ehizibue❓❗️

Cheers.