Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 3:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18045
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Quote:
NFF votes to continue Nigerian leagues, sticks to Rohr
52 mins ago 0 42 3 minutes read
https://newstap.com.ng/nff-votes-to-continue-nigerian-leagues-sticks-to-rohr/

By George Aluo

The nation’s soccer governing body, NFF has resolved to see this year’s league season concluded. This means, NPFL clubs and other leagues would re start when the federal government gives the go ahead for sporting activities in the country to bounce back.

The decision was taken when the NFF board met via video conference today.

Item number 7 in her communique stated…”The Board mandated its Football Committee to liaise with the heads of the various Leagues (Nigeria Professional Football League; Nigeria National League; Nigeria Women Football League and; Nigeria Nation-wide League One) and other important stakeholders on the return of the domestic football season, subject to announcement by the Federal Government on resumption of football and other sporting activities in the country.”

Below is the communique made available to the media by Demola Olajire.



The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met via video conferencing on Thursday, 14th May 2020 to deliberate on important issues in Nigerian Football and resolved as follows:



1. The Executive Committee once more, commended the proactive and comprehensive policies, strategies and measures instituted by the Federal Government to definitively tackle the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) that has left pain and sorrow in most nations of the world in the past couple of months. Members equally praised the Federal Ministry of Health, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, all first responders and all other public health workers in the frontline for their efforts in reducing community transmission and saving lives.



2. The Board acknowledged the advice of world football –governing body, FIFA on how the $500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand American Dollars) relief fund sent to the NFF (as also provided for other Member Associations of FIFA), among other FIFA monies available to the NFF, should be spent. Board directed the Secretariat to immediately set machinery in motion to ensure the fund is utilized to the letter as advised by FIFA. The core areas approved for the utilization in line with the FIFA Forward 2.0 Program include but not limited to Management and Staff salaries, men’s league, women’s league, referees’ development training, National Teams (including boys and girls’ youth teams), office operations, renovations and furnishing of Bauchi NFF/FIFA Technical Centre.



3. Still on COVID-19-related measures and palliatives, the Board praised its Members as well as Management and Secretariat staff who were involved in the distribution of palliatives (in the form of food items) to Clubs and communities in Abuja, and the distribution of protective overalls, face masks, latex hand gloves and sanitizers in Lagos and Kano States, and the Federal Capital Territory. Members reiterated that it was a commendable move by the Federation to support the efforts of the Federal Government in combating the COVID-19 menace.



4. The Committee received briefings from NFF external auditors, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – who were part of the meeting for over an hour – on the concluded NFF audit and approved for immediate implementation, new strategies and methods to strengthen governance, accounting controls and financial reporting of the Federation. The new methods and measures are meant to ensure even greater conformity with governance and accounting principles and formats of modern corporations and business entities, with periodic assessment of functionality.



5. The Executive Committee endorsed the re-jigging of the terms of reference and objectives of the NFF Foundation, which was set up in July 2019. The Foundation, headed by Mr. Mohammed Edewor (who was also part of the meeting for more than 30 minutes), will now add to its original mandate of raising funds for empowerment initiatives for ex-internationals by way of training and skill development; football community and social change programmes; grassroots development programmes and; football-for the girl-child and women football empowerment programmes. Mr. Edewor availed the committee of ongoing efforts at raising funds to kickstart the work of the Foundation, some of which has already met with success.



6. Committee received an interim report of the NFF team led by its President to recent meetings with the Federation’s Partners and Sponsors. Consultations are ongoing and the NFF President is expected to brief the Board on further developments at its next meeting.



7. The Board mandated its Football Committee to liaise with the heads of the various Leagues (Nigeria Professional Football League; Nigeria National League; Nigeria Women Football League and; Nigeria Nation-wide League One) and other important stakeholders on the return of the domestic football season, subject to announcement by the Federal Government on resumption of football and other sporting activities in the country.



8. The Executive Committee mandated the General Secretary to liaise with the Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Mr. Gernot Rohr with a view to concluding all matters around Mr. Rohr’s new contract within the next one week.



IN ATTENDANCE: Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President); Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President); Shehu Dikko (2nd Vice President); Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Babagana Kalli (Member); Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Ganiyu Majekodunmi (Member); Emmanuel Ibah (Member); Aisha Falode (Member); Mohammed Alkali (Member); Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary)




_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9664
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
NFF votes to continue Nigerian leagues, sticks to Rohr
52 mins ago 0 42 3 minutes read
https://newstap.com.ng/nff-votes-to-continue-nigerian-leagues-sticks-to-rohr/

By George Aluo

The nation’s soccer governing body, NFF has resolved to see this year’s league season concluded. This means, NPFL clubs and other leagues would re start when the federal government gives the go ahead for sporting activities in the country to bounce back.

The decision was taken when the NFF board met via video conference today.

Item number 7 in her communique stated…”The Board mandated its Football Committee to liaise with the heads of the various Leagues (Nigeria Professional Football League; Nigeria National League; Nigeria Women Football League and; Nigeria Nation-wide League One) and other important stakeholders on the return of the domestic football season, subject to announcement by the Federal Government on resumption of football and other sporting activities in the country.”

Below is the communique made available to the media by Demola Olajire.



The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met via video conferencing on Thursday, 14th May 2020 to deliberate on important issues in Nigerian Football and resolved as follows:



1. The Executive Committee once more, commended the proactive and comprehensive policies, strategies and measures instituted by the Federal Government to definitively tackle the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) that has left pain and sorrow in most nations of the world in the past couple of months. Members equally praised the Federal Ministry of Health, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, all first responders and all other public health workers in the frontline for their efforts in reducing community transmission and saving lives.



2. The Board acknowledged the advice of world football –governing body, FIFA on how the $500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand American Dollars) relief fund sent to the NFF (as also provided for other Member Associations of FIFA), among other FIFA monies available to the NFF, should be spent. Board directed the Secretariat to immediately set machinery in motion to ensure the fund is utilized to the letter as advised by FIFA. The core areas approved for the utilization in line with the FIFA Forward 2.0 Program include but not limited to Management and Staff salaries, men’s league, women’s league, referees’ development training, National Teams (including boys and girls’ youth teams), office operations, renovations and furnishing of Bauchi NFF/FIFA Technical Centre.



3. Still on COVID-19-related measures and palliatives, the Board praised its Members as well as Management and Secretariat staff who were involved in the distribution of palliatives (in the form of food items) to Clubs and communities in Abuja, and the distribution of protective overalls, face masks, latex hand gloves and sanitizers in Lagos and Kano States, and the Federal Capital Territory. Members reiterated that it was a commendable move by the Federation to support the efforts of the Federal Government in combating the COVID-19 menace.



4. The Committee received briefings from NFF external auditors, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – who were part of the meeting for over an hour – on the concluded NFF audit and approved for immediate implementation, new strategies and methods to strengthen governance, accounting controls and financial reporting of the Federation. The new methods and measures are meant to ensure even greater conformity with governance and accounting principles and formats of modern corporations and business entities, with periodic assessment of functionality.



5. The Executive Committee endorsed the re-jigging of the terms of reference and objectives of the NFF Foundation, which was set up in July 2019. The Foundation, headed by Mr. Mohammed Edewor (who was also part of the meeting for more than 30 minutes), will now add to its original mandate of raising funds for empowerment initiatives for ex-internationals by way of training and skill development; football community and social change programmes; grassroots development programmes and; football-for the girl-child and women football empowerment programmes. Mr. Edewor availed the committee of ongoing efforts at raising funds to kickstart the work of the Foundation, some of which has already met with success.



6. Committee received an interim report of the NFF team led by its President to recent meetings with the Federation’s Partners and Sponsors. Consultations are ongoing and the NFF President is expected to brief the Board on further developments at its next meeting.



7. The Board mandated its Football Committee to liaise with the heads of the various Leagues (Nigeria Professional Football League; Nigeria National League; Nigeria Women Football League and; Nigeria Nation-wide League One) and other important stakeholders on the return of the domestic football season, subject to announcement by the Federal Government on resumption of football and other sporting activities in the country.



8. The Executive Committee mandated the General Secretary to liaise with the Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Mr. Gernot Rohr with a view to concluding all matters around Mr. Rohr’s new contract within the next one week.



IN ATTENDANCE: Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President); Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President); Shehu Dikko (2nd Vice President); Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Babagana Kalli (Member); Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Ganiyu Majekodunmi (Member); Emmanuel Ibah (Member); Aisha Falode (Member); Mohammed Alkali (Member); Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary)




No 8 :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 49795
...as England does so will Nigeria follow suit. We go see, we dey wait :???:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14458
Location: South London
mcal wrote:
...as England does so will Nigeria follow suit. We go see, we dey wait :???:

Except Nigeria doesn’t strive to better England (or anything) or even work on quality.

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25879
I will making a TV report on this very soon. A few questions:

1. The NPFL has no title sponsors, last year's winner yet to be paid a dime for winning the league. The Epl and German league's have title sponsors, that's a major reason why they are playing to end the league to appropriate the right money accordingly.

2. In England and Germany players and match officials have to be tested before every match, will the LMC test players? who will bear the cost for Covid test in the NPFL.

3. The Deadline for CAF association's members submission for continental ticket is around September, the earliest time Lockdown to be eased in Nigeria is AROUND July, Can the outstanding NPFL matches be concluded in one month and names OF continental teams sent to CAF in SEPT?

4. Enyimba has 5 outstanding matches, but that's life. Football can be cruel.

5. Enyimba and Rangers are expected to rake around $600k for reaching the CAF group stage, Not sure the money has been paid, but it will be paid.

6. Enyimba and Rangers can plan with that money earned from CAF Confederations cup.

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25879
Nigeria votes to resume league pending easing down of the lock down. Unclear if players will be tested for covid before NPFL matches if the league resumes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONi7YHuU4g


_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: Exile
Purity wrote:
4. Enyimba has 5 outstanding matches, but that's life. Football can be cruel.


While expressing no opinion on the league, its resumption or otherwise, the NFF's decision-making, or the general administration of the league and cup pre-COVID....

.... if I recall correctly, Scotland decided to end their current league season, and used average points per matches played to determine the champion and the relegated team. Such a system, if used subsequent to a decision to end the Nigerian league season, would not penalize Enyimba for having 5 matches in hand.

_________________
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 49795
Eaglezbeak wrote:
mcal wrote:
...as England does so will Nigeria follow suit. We go see, we dey wait :???:

Except Nigeria doesn’t strive to better England (or anything) or even work on quality.
...to them, the ogas, not necessary just copy and propose giant white elephant projects.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18045
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
The Eagle wrote:
Purity wrote:
4. Enyimba has 5 outstanding matches, but that's life. Football can be cruel.


While expressing no opinion on the league, its resumption or otherwise, the NFF's decision-making, or the general administration of the league and cup pre-COVID....

.... if I recall correctly, Scotland decided to end their current league season, and used average points per matches played to determine the champion and the relegated team. Such a system, if used subsequent to a decision to end the Nigerian league season, would not penalize Enyimba for having 5 matches in hand.



The Scottish solution is one of the best I have seen so far in terms of fairness. However, I must admit that it could be problematic when teams have not played an equal number of home and away games given that the average points obtained at home is often higher than the average obtained away.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25879
6 Test positve in the EPL ahead of resumption

I hope the LMC is watching and will test players if the NPFL resumes play..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfJ8uJfFPY

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25879
National sports festival to still go ahead in Edo state later in 2020.

Test kits, isolation center and other covid preventive measures will be put in place in Edo state 2020.

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfJ8uJfFPY

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25879
Hi Guys, My TV show today on the resumption of Nigeria Football League if the lockdown is eased off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTqv88iJDg4


_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86419
Location: Earth
Purity wrote:
Hi Guys, My TV show today on the resumption of Nigeria Football League if the lockdown is eased off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTqv88iJDg4


Purity, why is your Mask under your chin? you aren't social distancing? are you ? :)

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:32 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10087
Location: loughborough.
Dammy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
8. The Executive Committee mandated the General Secretary to liaise with the Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Mr. Gernot Rohr with a view to concluding all matters around Mr. Rohr’s new contract within the next one week.


No 8 :clap: :clap: :clap:


With tune of Zlatan´s Pepper them



Pepper them
Pepper them oh

Adelakun get Software
Wey dey mis-upgrade
He get Software
Wey no reach outside England oh
He get Software
He too dey kaku
He get Software, Special software eh

He login to CE
He see sey Rohr don get new contract
Omope f'olahan Adelakun
Adelakun s'ope oh
He login to CE
Extra money better oh
Gbo special software gba upgrade, baby
Adupe upgrade na ko data outside England o

Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh (Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh)
Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh (Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh)

Who no like new two year contract?
Who no like new two year contract?
Adelakun like new two year contract
He too like new two year contract
Who no like new two year contract?
Who no like new two year contract?
Adelakun like new two year contract
He too like new two year contract

All the way from London to Qatar 2022
Adelakun don turn chief scout
Adelakun don turn chief scout wey dey buy upgrade sef for special software
Adelakun ma ti gbera
Adelakun ti je jackpot
To ba ri new special software ni si'n, O ti ni new global update

Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh (Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh)
Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh (Pepper them, Adelakun pepper them oh)

Who no like new two year contract?
Who no like new two year contract?
Adelakun like new two year contract
He too like new two year contract
Who no like new two year contract?
Who no like new two year contract?
Adelakun like new two year contract
He too like new two year contract

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25879
lol

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group