Players in line to win league or club MVP this season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Players in line to win league or club MVP this season

Post by The YeyeMan »

chief nfachairman wrote: 3. Sam Chukwueze (Villareal, Laliga): what happened? THought he woudl scatter laliga this seasona and real would put in a $250m bid..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kalani JR wrote:Ighalo saved United from relegation.
:rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote: 8. Troost Ekong (Central Defense) (Udinese, Serie A): had a short bad spell but got back to his best. He's a season or 2 from captaining this udinese team. He is already been referred to as the best long passer in the Serie A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu7v0lB ... dex=3&t=0s[/video]
Wow. Never knew he had such a long passing range.
I think he has really improved in the last season and a half. :thumb:
He has improved tremendously but still isn’t no David Luiz or Sergio Ramos, he’s like a C+ in this department, it’s silly using a highlight clip to try and claim he is what he isn’t. He still lacks the needed composure to be a top level passer out of the back because he’s just not that comfortable on the ball, pressure him and his passing starts to become erratic.

Now Ajayi on the other hand passing and being comfortable on the ball is one of his strengths, his passing game has been a delight in his short stint with SE so far...
Well you may be right and my inclination is to agree with you regarding Ekong under pressure. If not for this clip (which I agree might be deceptive) I woulda stuck with my views of him as being exactly what you say. I've even referreed to him as an 'ABF' defender on occasion. :rotf:
But if what Chief NFAChairman says is true ("one of the best long ball passers in Serie A"), we might need to look again.

I am still a bit of a sceptic regarding Ajayi but am coming round small-small.

The one central defender I am really excited about - if we can get him - is Adarabioyo (Man City on loan to Blackburn Rovers). He really has exquisite ball skills and being just 22 years old, is on an upward spiral. He is about to re-enter the Premiership where he will really be tested.
Doc, thats phrase comes directly from the title of this video which is clearly hyping him, I'm yet to find any publication that voted him as one of the best long passers in Serie A. BTW, I've watched a lot of his games on ESPN+ thats why I was like come on... But as far as Ajayi I'm not talking about his defending (which is mediocre), but more so how comfortable he is with the ball and his passing ability which seems very natural and innate to him.
Ajayi's defending isn't mediocre, Ajayi is actually pretty decent in the defensive aspects of his game.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote: 8. Troost Ekong (Central Defense) (Udinese, Serie A): had a short bad spell but got back to his best. He's a season or 2 from captaining this udinese team. He is already been referred to as the best long passer in the Serie A.
He has improved tremendously but still isn’t no David Luiz or Sergio Ramos, he’s like a C+ in this department, it’s silly using a highlight clip to try and claim he is what he isn’t. He still lacks the needed composure to be a top level passer out of the back because he’s just not that comfortable on the ball, pressure him and his passing starts to become erratic.

Now Ajayi on the other hand passing and being comfortable on the ball is one of his strengths, his passing game has been a delight in his short stint with SE so far...
Well you may be right and my inclination is to agree with you regarding Ekong under pressure. If not for this clip (which I agree might be deceptive) I woulda stuck with my views of him as being exactly what you say. I've even referreed to him as an 'ABF' defender on occasion. :rotf:
But if what Chief NFAChairman says is true ("one of the best long ball passers in Serie A"), we might need to look again.

The one central defender I am really excited about - if we can get him - is Adarabioyo (Man City on loan to Blackburn Rovers). He really has exquisite ball skills and being just 22 years old, is on an upward spiral. He is about to re-enter the Premiership where he will really be tested.
Doc, thats phrase comes directly from the title of this video which is clearly hyping him, I'm yet to find any publication that voted him as one of the best long passers in Serie A. BTW, I've watched a lot of his games on ESPN+ thats why I was like come on... But as far as Ajayi I'm not talking about his defending (which is mediocre), but more so how comfortable he is with the ball and his passing ability which seems very natural and innate to him.
Ajayi's defending isn't mediocre, Ajayi is actually pretty decent in the defensive aspects of his game.
Ajayi's reading of the game and interceptions are top notch, not to add his aerial ability. He is a very good defender.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Ajayi's reading of the game and interceptions are top notch, not to add his aerial ability. He is a very good defender.
I hope he gets to play in the EPL soon to continue his development process.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote: Ajayi's defending isn't mediocre, Ajayi is actually pretty decent in the defensive aspects of his game.
I hope he gets to play in the EPL soon to continue his development process.
West Brom are almost definitely going up unless they suffer a sudden catastrophic post-COVID loss of form.
They are one point behind Leeds and 6 points clear of the third placed team on the table.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:Victor Osimhen wins the Lille's MVP of the season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/losclive/sta ... 00224?s=19
Congrats Vic, head and shoulders above his dumb teammates, he should have double figure assists if not for their uselessness...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... Q2nM3YTgMM[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:
proclaimjesus02 wrote:Victor Osimhen wins the Lille's MVP of the season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/losclive/sta ... 00224?s=19
Congrats Vic, head and shoulders above his dumb teammates, he should have double figure assists if not for their uselessness...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... Q2nM3YTgMM[/video]
I agree with you totally.
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Simon also won player of the season at Nantes.

Come on boys
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!