Rohr mandated to win ANC 2021 or be terminated ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr mandated to win ANC 2021 or be terminated ?

Post by vancity eagle »

This has been repeatedly implied in a number of articles with statements and quotes being attributed to Pinnick and others.

Is this true or just fake news ?

So you mean to tell me if we lose in the final by penalties the NFF will just dismantle all that has been built for nearly 6 years, right before Qatar 2022.

What if we are also playing the best football SE has ever played ? Just sack the man because we didn't win.

This is pure stupidity. Yes Rohr should be fired I'd we do poorly (this is actually very subjective and not necessarily indicative of how we place, but how we play)

We are building for Qatar 2022 and the ANc is a step towards that and winning that competition is not the end all be all.

These jokers demanding this , do they think it is Nigerias birthright to win this competition. After all we have only ever won it 3 times. Do they think other countries are comming to sell ground nut.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr mandated to win ANC 2021 or be terminated ?

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote:This has been repeatedly implied in a number of articles with statements and quotes being attributed to Pinnick and others.

Is this true or just fake news ?

So you mean to tell me if we lose in the final by penalties the NFF will just dismantle all that has been built for nearly 6 years, right before Qatar 2022.

What if we are also playing the best football SE has ever played ? Just sack the man because we didn't win.

This is pure stupidity. Yes Rohr should be fired I'd we do poorly (this is actually very subjective and not necessarily indicative of how we place, but how we play)

We are building for Qatar 2022 and the ANc is a step towards that and winning that competition is not the end all be all.

These jokers demanding this , do they think it is Nigerias birthright to win this competition. After all we have only ever won it 3 times. Do they think other countries are comming to sell ground nut.
Yep they’ll do that and when Nigeria fail to qualify to the tournament or go out in a wimper with a manager that’s only there for a holiday the NFA will blame everyone but themselves and that will be that!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

We never seem to learn from the past! What is wrong with these people?? If I am ROHR, I will just leave quietly now. It is not worth it.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

fledy wrote:We never seem to learn from the past! What is wrong with these people?? If I am ROHR, I will just leave quietly now. It is not worth it.
Leave and go where :laugh:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fledy wrote:We never seem to learn from the past! What is wrong with these people?? If I am ROHR, I will just leave quietly now. It is not worth it.
Imagine any coach in South America or Europe being told you will be fired if you dont won the euro or copa, and right before a world cup too.

The arrogance and stupidity of these people !!!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
He has 2 offers :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

After 6 and half years of on the job training... asking to win AfCon, not the WC is now a tall order.

Edit.. as rightly corrected. It should have been after 4 and half years of on the job training, AND NOT after 6 and half years.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote:After 6 and half years of on the job training... asking to win AfCon, not the WC is now a tall order.
It is not anybody's birthright to win ANC.

Having these sentiments displays a serious arrogance and stupidity.

What of Senegal who have never won ANC, who have a stronger team on paper than us.

Their 3rd choice keeper is better than our number 1.

There are teams like Algeria, CIV, Morocco, who have just as much talent as us, if not more in certain positions.

But of course they will just be comming to hand Nigeria their RIGHT to the title.

All we ask is that we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world.

Why do you think it should be a given that we win the cup ? Do you think Africa is so bad that it should just be a forgone conclusion. How many world class players do we have ?

No country in Africa is that good that they should mandate their coach to win ANC or be fired. Especially without any consideration as to how the team played. That is abject stupidity.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

With the current team we have, I don't see why we shouldn't be serious title contenders in the next AFCON... even the likes of Sarenren-Bazee etc are back to full fitness, more depth for us. I like Rohr but he has no excuse not to at least make the final of the next AFCON.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Thu May 28, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:After 6 and half years of on the job training... asking to win AfCon, not the WC is now a tall order.

What of Senegal who have never won ANC, who have a stronger team on paper than us.

There are teams like Algeria, CIV, Morocco, who have just as much talent as us, if not more in certain positions.

But of course they will just be comming to hand Nigeria their RIGHT to the title.

All we ask is that we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world.

Why do you think it should be a given that we win the cup ? Do you think Africa is so bad that it should just be a forgone conclusion. How many world class players do we have ?
Never read all these excuses, when Keshi was in charge.....

Otto Gloria took 3 years to win AfCon.

Westerhoff took 4 years to win AfCon

Keshi took 2 years to win AfCon.

Rohr will on being on the job 6 and half years and all we can ask for is we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world. Stop lowering the bar for Rohr!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:With the current team we have, I don't see why we shouldn't be serious title contenders in the next AFCON... even the likes of Sarenren-Bazee etc are back to full fitness, more depth for us. I like Rohr but he has no excuse not to at least make the final of the next AFCON.
Of course we will be serious contenders.

There are a number of serious contenders.

But guess what, only ONE can win.

And the winner isn't always the best team. Often times luck and other factors come into play. So our world cup hopes should be sabotaged if things dont go perfectly in Cameroon ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Rohr will on being on the job 6 and half years and all we can ask for is we play well and improve, if we win great, if not, it isn't the end of the world. Stop lowering the bar for Rohr!!

I wanted Keshi gone because he was corrupt to the core and sabotaged SE, end of.

Yes he won ANC, but failed to qualify for the next one, an utter disgrace of unparalleled proportions. All because of brown envelope money.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The only way you can legitimately mandate a coach to win a tournament or be fired, is if you are in a tournament, where not only are you the best team there, but the next best team isn't even close to your level.

This is not the case with Nigeria, not even close. We are not the best team on paper.

I would say we are top 4 on paper.

This is the same way delusional fans expected Rohr to be better than Argentina and Croatia, 2 teams which are CLEARLY better than us, and this can't be disputed.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:The only way you can legitimately mandate a coach to win a tournament or be fired, is if you are in a tournament, where not only are you the best team there, but the next best team isn't even close to your level.

This is not the case with Nigeria, not even close. We are not the best team on paper.

I would say we are top 4 on paper.

This is the same way delusional fans expected Rohr to be better than Argentina and Croatia, 2 teams which are CLEARLY better than us, and this can't be disputed.
Excuses!!!!

After 6 and half year!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Here is my All African starting 11 and 23 man squad. I like to do this every so often, now lets see if Nigeria should automatically expect to win based on this. Starters bolded.

SQUAD

Goalkeepers

Onana (Cameroon)
Mendy (Senegal)
Munir (Morocco)

Defenders

Koulibaly (Senegal)
Sane (Senegal)
Mandi (Algeria)
Salisu (Ghana)
Achraf (Morocco)
Atal (Algeria)
Benseibaini (Algeria)
Aina (Nigeria)

Midfielders

Bennacer (Algeria)
Ziyech (Morocco)
Partey (Ghana)
Zambo Anguissa (Cam)
Nididi (Nigeria)
Gueye (Senegal)

Attackers

Aubemayang (Gabon)
Osimehn (Nigeria)
Mane (Senegal)
Salah (Egypt)
Mahrez (Algeria)
Zaha (CIV)

STARTING 11

********************************Onana (CAM)**************************************

Achraf (MOR)***************Koulibaly (SEN)*****Mandi (ALG)***************Bensebaini (ALG)

********************************Ndidi (NIG)*****************************************

**************************Bennacer (ALG)*****Ziyech (MOR)************************

**Mane (SEN)***********************************************************Salah (EGY)

***********************************Aubemayang (GAB)*******************************

So honestly if you look at the depth and talent in Africa we have 1 player who would crack an All AFrica starting 11 in Ndidi, with the likes of Gueye right on his back. And of a 23 man squad we'd roughly have a grand total of THREE PLAYERS.

and this somehow is an absolute mandate to win the tournament ?

LOL.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you dey mind them. the former CIV coach got to the final of AFCON 2012 and lost on PKs, got fired, CIV hired another coach and then won AFCON in 2015
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

IN THESE DAYS...

...how many coaches get six years to get the job done? Nigeria should be talking about the WC, not the AFCON. If he can't do after six years of calm, what's the assurance he can do it anytime in the future?

Yes, you're right, Nigerians unearth the words "stability" and "continuity" when a foreign coach is in charge. With a Nigerian coach, their favorite phrase is "setting our football back decades". As for the timing being too close to Qatar, a poor outing in the AFCON portends something worse in Qatar so how much worse can a new coach perform? Before we forget, Amodu was fired twice before the WC (and some Nigerians rejoiced) and his replacement in SA2010 had the worst performance of any Nigerian coach in a WC. And guess what: Nigerians wanted him back. For what reason? You guessed it: the twin words of "stability" and "continuity".

I may not cast it in concrete terms ("win or be fired") but if the SE doesn't perform brilliantly in the AFCON, there'd be no secret left for the man.
Bell
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
you dey mind them. the former CIV coach got to the final of AFCON 2012 and lost on PKs, got fired, CIV hired another coach and then won AFCON in 2015

he shouldn't have been fired.

you also forgot that the coach they replaced him with lost to a much inferior Nigeria team in 2013 ANC, with literally the greatest CIV team in history, then he was replaced by another coach who failed at the WC in 2014 by losing to an even poorer GREECE team.

So no the non stop firing of coaches is not a good thing.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I wanted Keshi gone because he was corrupt to the core and sabotaged SE, end of.

Yes he won ANC, but failed to qualify for the next one, an utter disgrace of unparalleled proportions. All because of brown envelope money.

Please show me where keshi took money. You clearly sound that you were in the inner circle either via players or management. Show me and I will believe you.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bell wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
Yes, you're right, Nigerians unearth the words "stability" and "continuity" when a foreign coach is in charge. With a Nigerian coach, their favorite phrase is "setting our football back decades". As for the timing being too close to Qatar, a poor outing in the AFCON portends something worse in Qatar so how much worse can a new coach perform? Before we forget, Amodu was fired twice before the WC (and some Nigerians rejoiced) and his replacement in SA2010 had the worst performance of any Nigerian coach in a WC. And guess what: Nigerians wanted him back. For what reason? You guessed it: the twin words of "stability" and "continuity".

I may not cast it in concrete terms ("win or be fired") but if the SE doesn't perform brilliantly in the AFCON, there'd be no secret left for the man.
Bell
what was done to Amodu was wrong, especially in the case of 2002.

Now "performing brilliantly" is very subjective, but I dont think it can be measured in terms of how far we make it in the tournament.

Say for instance we top our group slaughtering all opposition and displaying attacking and organized football.

then in the 2nd round we meet a "big gun" that stumbled in the first round, and what if they beat us after penalties and go on to win the tournament, or even finish second.

Would you fire a coach that played excellent football all tournament because of that "embarassing" 2nd round exit ?

To me the only case to fire the coach is if there are serious problems indicating that we will perform poorly in Qatar.

If we play well in Cameroon and come up short, so be it, as long as the team is functioning properly and poised to make a statement in Qatar then Rohr must be retained regardless.

If the team is getting beat or knocked out by teams which are clearly weaker, then yes I would say to fire Rohr.

But this cannot be a standard, and why would you continue to do the wrong thing, just because you did so in the past. That is absolute stupidity.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Please show me where keshi took money. You clearly sound that you were in the inner circle either via players or management. Show me and I will believe you.

there are numerous players who have all made allegations as to what was going on. You choose not to believe them to salvage your image of Keshi.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:
highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

there are numerous players who have all made allegations as to what was going on. You choose not to believe them to salvage your image of Keshi.
Which players? I don't recall any player accusing Keshi himself.