Rohr mandated to win ANC 2021 or be terminated ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr mandated to win ANC 2021 or be terminated ?

Post by Odas »

Winning trophy in any competition has several fortunes intertwined in it. In no particular order, there is preparation, healthiness of team members, the referee, the day and et al. Thus any team can win a trophy in a tournament, but in addition to the team's talent, luck must be on the team's side.

If I am correct, why would the NFF give coach Roht such a mandate? I think the article, or news is FAKE
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
fabio wrote:After 6 and half years of on the job training... asking to win AfCon, not the WC is now a tall order.
you dey mind them. the former CIV coach got to the final of AFCON 2012 and lost on PKs, got fired, CIV hired another coach and then won AFCON in 2015
Kai, I no say you go dey hia. Dis Rohr matter, make you no let am kill you-oo!

Any thread relating to coach Rohr, must attract your attention/presence. Watch your blood pressure, son.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Vancity

Let me help you and make it clear1 **** will toe the line and accept whatever he is told. Is that clear? If our decision is that he will be fired if he does not win the ANC, then that is exactly what will happen and he will accept it. He is under our employ and he will not just accept out directives, he will carry it out absolutely! No exceptions!

I know you are unable to understand how a white man can be instructed to toe the line by his black employers, but as you have seen during our negotiations with him, this is the reality! He will do as he is told! best believe that!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote:Winning trophy in any competition has several fortunes intertwined in it. In no particular order, there is preparation, healthiness of team members, the referee, the day and et al. Thus any team can win a trophy in a tournament, but in addition to the team's talent, luck must be on the team's side.

If I am correct, why would the NFF give coach Roht such a mandate? I think the article, or news is FAKE
I dont know if it's fake.

Wasn't he mandated to at least make the semis last time around ?

It would make sense, in the boneheaded thinking of some of these arrogant NFF that they would move the mandate up a notch.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
fabio wrote:After 6 and half years of on the job training... asking to win AfCon, not the WC is now a tall order.
you dey mind them. the former CIV coach got to the final of AFCON 2012 and lost on PKs, got fired, CIV hired another coach and then won AFCON in 2015
Kai, I no say you go dey hia. Dis Rohr matter, make you no let am kill you-oo!

Any thread relating to coach Rohr, must attract your attention/presence. Watch your blood pressure, son.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Porkey needs to take it easy.
He has been fighting this losing battle for years now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Imagine the logic that no matter how he does in the ANC he should still be afforded the privilege to coach in an exponentially tougher tournament like the WC, is simply baffling?
But that isn't what anybody has said.

Sometimes you need to understand a person's argument before you respond.

If Rohr should be fired after a "poor performance" I think it will be obvious to everyone, that we are not in a good position to do well in Qatar. Meaning something must be done (firing Rohr) to avert a disaster at the WC.

It isn't simply a result of "not winning it all"

We can still play well and be primed for a good run in Qatar and yet not win the ANC. This is not a reason to fire a coach because a stupid precedent may have been set decades ago.

The best results by African teams at the WC have never come from Nations cup winners.

Meditate on that.

Are you mature enough to comprehend ? :bump: - you just can't help but be emotional can you...
If that is the FA's target when they hired him and he agreed to it, why can't they fire him when he doesn't achieve it? Like I said in my first post, I can see the case if he barely misses out on the mandated target that he can be retained. But coaches are given and ACCEPT given targets all the time, you don't agree with the target that is your own wahala, the important people NFF and Rohr have come to an agreement...why be so emotional about it? If he meets his target you will get your wish and he will coach at the WC, but I'm wondering why you are so emotional when the name Rohr is mentioned? Haba...
Because I actually care about SE and Qatar 2022 represents our best chance to make history.

But all of this will be undone over some stupid stipulation in a contract, all for the sake of what ?

So idiots can beat their chest, and agents can swoop in to get their cut when the new coach is brought in.

Why have you not addressed the countless examples I have given you of more established countries like Brazil and Germany NOT firing their coaches after much bigger "failures"

Why are you ignoring the fact that 2014's best African rep at the WC did not fire their coach to their prior 1st round exit at the ANC.

Please provide me of an example where a coach doing well was fired right before a major tournament, and it turned out well.
I get it, you care, but so do we. If Rohr is confident enough that he can meet these mandates then why are you shaking like leaf? He meets it, then he gets to take the team to the World Cup just like you desire, so just support the team and do what you must so you get your wish of Rohr coaching at the World Cup simple as that. I guess its in your best interest not to wish that the team fails like you did during other coaches era just so you can get your selfish wish of another coach... :biggrin:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ahidjo2 wrote: I don't think anybody is doubting the commonsensical comment about coaches having the prerogative to choose the "best among equals". Keshi's reign was littered with dubious, questionable, and outright fraudulent selections. As I mentioned, I want to respect the dead otherwise I would have specifically reminded you of how certain misfits featured prominently for the Super Eagles during his reign. Your idea of meeting team's objective is neither here nor there. It was simply his selfish objective and that is why you don't see us questioning the present coach's selection
There is no standard objective selection metrics. That's why different coaches will prefer different players. So Keshi may actually prefer those 'misfits' for whatever reason.

The only objective metrics of judging a coach is RESULT! Considering the conditions under which the coaches have worked, asking Rohr to win the ANC after 6 years on the saddle is not out of place. How many years should we give him to win the ANC? What should be the target for the WC? And please let us use OBJECTIVE metrics that will be devoid of emotions
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
Cote D'Ivoire 2023?
You plan on waiting that long?
You like Rohr o! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: He can't help it, the poor guy is just too emotional :mrgreen: We are over here providing Rohr with a sweet retirement package, something he simply won't get anywhere else, but we shouldn't set goals for him or have any expectations, he should just continue in perpetuity without any checks and balances...because he's oyinbo abi? While your own that was winning you were busy denigrating and calling for his firing even after he won...what great logic...
Maceo, you be my guy but don't be caught up in false narratives.

Someone somewhere has sneaked "after six years" and even "six and a half years on the job" into the narrative.
Where did those figures come from? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It always destroys an argument when false facts are quietly sneaked in to buttress it.

Rohr was appointed in August 2016 and AFCON 2021 will be played 4 years and 5 months after that appointment.

Where Chief Fabio got "six and a half years from" and more importantly, why, is anybody's guess.

Ngbo, Fabio? :source:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Maceo, you be my guy but don't be caught up in false narratives.

Someone somewhere has sneaked "after six years" and even "six and a half years on the job" into the narrative.

It always destroys an argument when false facts are quietly sneaked in to buttress it.

Rohr was appointed in August 2016 and AFCON 2021 will be played 4 years and 5 months after that appointment.

Where Chief Fabio got "six and a half years from" and more importantly, why, is anybody's guess.

Uncle Damunk, it was a miss-write or miss-spoke and please accept my unreserved apology for getting mathematics wrong. 2 and half years is a big gap and such mistake ought not to have been made and will be corrected ASAP.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote: He can't help it, the poor guy is just too emotional :mrgreen: We are over here providing Rohr with a sweet retirement package, something he simply won't get anywhere else, but we shouldn't set goals for him or have any expectations, he should just continue in perpetuity without any checks and balances...because he's oyinbo abi? While your own that was winning you were busy denigrating and calling for his firing even after he won...what great logic...

Thanks Damunk, but even with that length of time my argument still holds. He’s still outlasted his customary 2 years at a gig before being terminated :biggrin: And if he agreed to this sort of mandate then he must be confident in himself and his team so let’s support them and see how it goes.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Maceo, you be my guy but don't be caught up in false narratives.

Uncle Damunk, it was a miss-write or miss-spoke and please accept my unreserved apology for getting mathematics wrong. 2 and half years is a big gap and such mistake ought not to have been made and will be corrected ASAP.
We forgive you. :D
Anyway, somebody has been stating and restating "6 years" for some weeks now, long before you, but I can't find the post in this thread any more.
Maybe he has deleted it sef.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Thanks Damunk, but even with that length of time my argument still holds. He’s still outlasted his customary 2 years at a gig before being terminated :biggrin: And if he agreed to this sort of mandate then he must be confident in himself and his team so let’s support them and see how it goes.
Yes, your argument still stands.
Is this "must win AFCON" mandate confirmed though?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We can terminate Rohr’s contract if he fails – Dare
The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr Sunday Dare, says there are certain clauses in Gernot Rohr’s new contract with the Nigerian Football Federation which allows the Franco-German gaffer to be fired if he underperformed, Saturday PUNCH reports.

The NFF on Wednesday confirmed that Rohr had signed a new two-year deal with the federation until December 31, 2022.

Dare revealed that the 66-year-old had been handed a great opportunity to further prove himself on the job with the strict conditions stipulated in his new deal.

Some of the stringent conditions stated in Rohr’s contract, Saturday PUNCH gathered, are that the former Burkina Faso coach must scout for players from the domestic league for the Eagles.

He is also expected to live in Nigeria for at least 10 months of the year, while his salaries will now be paid in Naira. He’s also been detailed to “build a solid Super Eagles ‘B’ team.”

“For Rohr to have come in, he must have been world standard,” Dare said in an interview with NTA’s Executive Discourse on Wednesday.

“With the conditions we have put in, I think it’s only fair to let him continue if he has accepted, but then again, we are going to warn him (Rohr) to a great standard of responsibility, a greater depth in our football and a greater level of success.

“In that contract, there are points that if he does not meet the desired standard, we can terminate his contract.

“So we are not stuck with him. He has an opportunity to prove himself.

“Even if we bring in the best coach in the world, we will set the same standard for him, and if those expectations are not met, we will show him the door.

“We will let this play out, he has also made promises that things will get better and I think we will just wait and see what happens eventually.”

https://punchng.com/rohr-im-not-afraid- ... p-mandate/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

well own goal carried another article where Rohr said "we are not the best team in Africa" and that "yes we want to win, but we can't expect to win" I am paraphrasing, but that was the gist. Thing is we dont even know when AFCON will be. It may even be as late as summer of 2022. Fire a coach months before a WC , what could go wrong ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

well own goal carried another article where Rohr said "we are not the best team in Africa" and that "yes we want to win, but we can't expect to win" I am paraphrasing, but that was the gist. Thing is we dont even know when AFCON will be. It may even be as late as summer of 2022. Fire a coach months before a WC , what could go wrong ?
From the article Fabio posted and the quotes from the Sports Minister, it doesn't appear that the "must win AFCON" is a condition for Rohr to keep his job.

It is probably people projecting their personal desires onto the NFF.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rohr thanks NFF for new contract, Says inclusion of local players is not part of his new contract.

He's monitoring Ovie Ejiara and NPFL players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td53Mnm6yEY
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Purity wrote:Rohr thanks NFF for new contract, Says inclusion of local players is not part of his new contract.

But the guy reporting didn't quote his source.
We need verification cos we don't know him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Purity wrote:Rohr thanks NFF for new contract, Says inclusion of local players is not part of his new contract.

he needs to thank us! Ordinarily, I am not sure he makes much from his brothel anyway. Then you add pandemic wahala-- no customers! The cretin will probably be in financial difficulties at the moment. We did him a favor.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:

he needs to thank us! Ordinarily, I am not sure he makes much from his brothel anyway. Then you add pandemic wahala-- no customers! The cretin will probably be in financial difficulties at the moment. We did him a favor.
You must not be familiar with the activities of the Mama Calabar caucus. Pinnick after all used to "scout" "local talent" for the Super Eagles players.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Edit.. as rightly corrected. It should have been after 4 and half years of on the job training, AND NOT after 6 and half years.
abi o..with all these players we've had playing for Barca, madrid and Bayern... :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

paj wrote:

Edit.. as rightly corrected. It should have been after 4 and half years of on the job training, AND NOT after 6 and half years.
abi o..with all these players we've had playing for Barca, madrid and Bayern... :rotf:
Abi, lets not mention the ones from NPFL that Keshi used to beat the Barca ones in 2013... :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

wanaj0 wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote: I don't think anybody is doubting the commonsensical comment about coaches having the prerogative to choose the "best among equals". Keshi's reign was littered with dubious, questionable, and outright fraudulent selections. As I mentioned, I want to respect the dead otherwise I would have specifically reminded you of how certain misfits featured prominently for the Super Eagles during his reign. Your idea of meeting team's objective is neither here nor there. It was simply his selfish objective and that is why you don't see us questioning the present coach's selection
There is no standard objective selection metrics. That's why different coaches will prefer different players. So Keshi may actually prefer those 'misfits' for whatever reason.

The only objective metrics of judging a coach is RESULT! Considering the conditions under which the coaches have worked, asking Rohr to win the ANC after 6 years on the saddle is not out of place. How many years should we give him to win the ANC? What should be the target for the WC? And please let us use OBJECTIVE metrics that will be devoid of emotions
Sorry, sir. Only incompetent African coaches do this or believe that there are no standard criteria for selecting players. There is a reason why data for players are collected. Even at the high school levels in developed nations, coaches use these data to make informed coaching decisions. Coaching has gone scientific and every decision is evidence or fact-based. That means that there must be standard metrics or factors that influence decisions such as the selection of players for certain positions. Contrary to your erroneous assertion, results alone do not or should not determine how good a coach is. There are numerous variables that should influence that assessment just like most science-based decisions...I do not know what you mean by objective (that has no place in scientific assessment) neither do I know where you got 6 years from