Cybereagles
http://forum.cybereagles.com/

TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=300542
Page 2 of 2

Author:  truetalk [ Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

With Leno's injury today, and Matt Macey (the current Arsenal no 3 GK) leaving, Arthur Okonkwo is likely to be called up to the 1st team.

There are rumours that he (Okonkwo) has just signed a 4 year contract.

We need to give him a minute of competitive action and put our stamp on him.

https://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-set ... fer/244897

https://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-loo ... eal/248694

Author:  bret- hart [ Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

truetalk wrote:
With Leno's injury today, and Matt Macey (the current Arsenal no 3 GK) leaving, Arthur Okonkwo is likely to be called up to the 1st team.

There are rumours that he (Okonkwo) has just signed a 4 year contract.

We need to give him a minute of competitive action and put our stamp on him.

https://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-set ... fer/244897

https://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-loo ... eal/248694



Has he agreed to switch?

Author:  Enugu II [ Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

truetalk wrote:
With Leno's injury today, and Matt Macey (the current Arsenal no 3 GK) leaving, Arthur Okonkwo is likely to be called up to the 1st team.

There are rumours that he (Okonkwo) has just signed a 4 year contract.

We need to give him a minute of competitive action and put our stamp on him.

https://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-set ... fer/244897

https://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-loo ... eal/248694


Good progress by Arthurbut not yet ripe for the Nigerian national team. Let him play consistently or at times some games at the top level of the league in the country where he is employed.

Author:  truetalk [ Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

We're looking much better now due to the numbers and youth of the keepers coming through.

Author:  Gotti [ Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

truetalk wrote:
We're looking much better now due to the numbers and youth of the keepers coming through.

Still quantity over quality...

Author:  mystic [ Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

I like Edafe and Adamu. I think that these are two good young goalkeepers to watch.

Author:  wiseone [ Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

It is astonishing that Nigeria has produced only 3 top class GKs in the last 20 years.

Author:  Enugu II [ Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

wiseone wrote:
It is astonishing that Nigeria has produced only 3 top class GKs in the last 20 years.


wise one,

Not quite. This is most unglamorous position for a Nigerian boy wishing to play soccer. Really, it is even a pleasant surprise that we had that many. Nevertheless, given the period that we had Enyeama, Ejide, and Aiyenugba at the same time it is quite shocking the the type of keepers we now have.

Author:  Damunk [ Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

Enugu II wrote:
wiseone wrote:
It is astonishing that Nigeria has produced only 3 top class GKs in the last 20 years.


wise one,

Not quite. This is most unglamorous position for a Nigerian boy wishing to play soccer. Really, it is even a pleasant surprise that we had that many. Nevertheless, given the period that we had Enyeama, Ejide, and Aiyenugba at the same time it is quite shocking the the type of keepers we now have.
I believe so too.
I remember many years ago a Brazilian colleague said they had the same problem in Brazil.
No kid ever wanted to 'keep.

Author:  mystic [ Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
wiseone wrote:
It is astonishing that Nigeria has produced only 3 top class GKs in the last 20 years.


wise one,

Not quite. This is most unglamorous position for a Nigerian boy wishing to play soccer. Really, it is even a pleasant surprise that we had that many. Nevertheless, given the period that we had Enyeama, Ejide, and Aiyenugba at the same time it is quite shocking the the type of keepers we now have.
I believe so too.
I remember many years ago a Brazilian colleague said they had the same problem in Brazil.
No kid ever wanted to 'keep.


Yet Brazil has world class keepers. So there's more to it than that.

Author:  wiseone [ Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: TOP 5 Goalkeepers in the NPFL

The "unglamorous" role of GK is a problem in most countries - not just in Nigeria. Very few boys grow up wanting to be GKs. Most GKs are ex-outfield players who went in goal as they could not get into the team in an outfield position. Yet even Brazil where being a GK is unglamorous currently has 2 of the best 5 GKs in the world (Ederson and Becker).

Why is it that most countries not called Italy and Germany rarely produce high class GKs consistently?


mystic wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
wiseone wrote:
It is astonishing that Nigeria has produced only 3 top class GKs in the last 20 years.


wise one,

Not quite. [b]This is most unglamorous position for a Nigerian boy wishing to play soccer.[/b] Really, it is even a pleasant surprise that we had that many. Nevertheless, given the period that we had Enyeama, Ejide, and Aiyenugba at the same time it is quite shocking the the type of keepers we now have.
I believe so too.
I remember many years ago a Brazilian colleague said they had the same problem in Brazil.
No kid ever wanted to 'keep
.


Yet Brazil has world class keepers. So there's more to it than that.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/