THE RE-EMERGENCE OF THE YORUBA FOOTBALLER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
THE RE-EMERGENCE OF THE YORUBA FOOTBALLER

Post by JACKAL »

It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

I wrote about the gradual decline of entire football establishment and institutions in Odua region of Nigeria. I also wrote the Yoruba’s were not contribution their share to the Nigerian football dream.

Today, “sooting”, the bastion of Yoruba manhood is back in contention, Yoruba players are once again featuring prominently in the Eagles and clubsides and “baba eleran” is once again dancing in the streets.

What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: THE RE-EMERGENCE OF THE YORUBA FOOTBALLER

Post by 1naija »

Solowe wrote: What is the reason for this resurgence of the Yoruba footballer?
A non tribalist coach.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Solowe, there is nothing like Yoruba footballer in Nigerian football. Just carry your tribalism go your shrine.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Solowe don come again!
Last edited by Sir V on Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Solowe wrote: It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

I wrote about the gradual decline of entire football establishment and institutions in Odua region of Nigeria. I also wrote the Yoruba’s were not contribution their share to the Nigerian football dream.

Today, “sooting”, the bastion of Yoruba manhood is back in contention, Yoruba players are once again featuring prominently in the Eagles and clubsides and “baba eleran” is once again dancing in the streets.

Why are u such a killjoy? Can we just enjoy the emergence of exciting new SE players without any ethnic perpectives?

I really don't care if new "Chukwus or Babayaros" are emerging as long as they are Nigerians!

Just the other day Mike Obiku was praising Martins, same for Akpan Bassey. It should not matter where these boys are from; what's important is that they are making the SE and the fans happy again.

But it's Solowe; why do I even bother?
...but with God all things are possible...
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

Sir V wrote:Solowe don come again!

But how many youruba players are in the Eagles squad?
Why you dey encourage am sef?!!
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

geminikoat wrote:
Solowe wrote: It’s quite amazing that only four years ago I wrote, much to the chagrin of some, about the dearth of the Yoruba footballer in Nigeria.

Why are u such a killjoy? Can we just enjoy the emergence of exciting new SE players without any ethnic perpectives?

I really don't care if new "Chukwus or Babayaros" are emerging as long as they are Nigerians!

Just the other day Mike Obiku was praising Martins, same for Akpan Bassey. It should not matter where these boys are from; what's important is that they are making the SE and the fans happy again.

Gemikoat,

Why doe the emergence of Yoruba footballers have to be a "Kill-joy" for you. Dont you want them to do well. ??
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

shame on you ! Any player playing for SE is representing Nigeria, no need to put a tribe tag on them. Are u still living in a cave or something ?
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

But come o, I don't understand something.

In day-to-day life, most Nigerian condone tribalism by labeling others Yoruba and accepting State-quota and "National Identity".

If we can't accept State quota and National Identity when it comes to players serving us in the SE, why should we accept it in any other thing?
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Solowe wrote:
geminikoat wrote:

Gemikoat,

Why doe the emergence of Yoruba footballers have to be a "Kill-joy" for you. Dont you want them to do well. ??
Solowe: I am very thrilled by Martins rise, Olofi's and the rest. But no more than I was going gaga when JJ hit the scenes back in 1993 or during Finito and Kanu exploits at Ajax.

I am just happy when any Naija is making waves in European football circuits.
manplus
Egg
Egg

Post by manplus »

Dude.
Your thinking sounds really primitive.
You've got to be kidding me.
Listen up, I am a full-fledged Yoruba, I don't
give a rat's #$% about 'sootin', and would not blink
once if we fielded an all-Busu team - as long as we won.
You really need to think about joining this century.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Na so we dey know the JJCs for forum, see as dem they bother with Solowe. :shock:
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Solowe there is no point in Yoruba players playing for Nigeria if we are going to start distinguishing them from their teammates.

I hope it is still possible to cure your likes of this seemingly entrenched ethnic sensitivitity so that one day you will also be able to enjoy the Eagles in a pure way.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Attention Seeking 101 :lol:
http://www.naijiant.com/
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

The return of the yoruba footballer and atleast six edo and delta footballers is the secret to world domination for the super eagles ask the china boys that did Nigeria proud no kidding.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

..and we're all positively re-inforcing Solowe's behavior. :(
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

lagos777 wrote:Na so we dey know the JJCs for forum, see as dem they bother with Solowe. :shock:
Exactly.
'Bastion of manhood' my nyansh :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote:
lagos777 wrote:Na so we dey know the JJCs for forum, see as dem they bother with Solowe. :shock:
Exactly.
'Bastion of manhood' my nyansh :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was funny; Solowe must really be old school guy!
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

monkeypost wrote:The return of the yoruba footballer and atleast six edo and delta footballers is the secret to world domination for the super eagles ask the china boys that did Nigeria proud no kidding.
You're kidding right? It should not matter if the first 11 is comprised of solely Yorubas, Ibos or Hausas.

When I look at their jersies and it says NIGERIA, then I am on board; as long as those who are playing merit their positions there should not be any eyebrows raised.

We got to start seeing the bigger picture; the only last thing that unify Nigerians is football. Bringing ethnic dimensions into it only messes with our collective joy. Simple!
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

i was hoping we would all ignore this thread ... to show solowe the error of his ways
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Sir V wrote:Solowe don come again!
Sir V,

I am really disappointed with some of the resposes i am reading so far. People always seem to miss the intelectual discussion posibilities of some my topics.

I am really saddened. :cry:
Abubakar
Egg
Egg

Post by Abubakar »

Indeed, there is a revolution going on with the YORUBA.
This is the beginning. This is their time. Thanks to Onigbinde.

Also, there is still a domination by the IGBO-MEN.
This is their time. Thanks to Christian Chukwu.

But wait!....In another 10 years, the entire national team will be dominated by the HAUSA/FULANI footballer. The coaches, players, team-doctors, ball carriers, drivers, cooks, and agents will all be from the North.

Then Solowe will make a thread on the "Domination of the Hausa Footballer". Kwo? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Buran Uba!
In the Abundance of Water, the Fool is Thirsty!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Oba from Montreal wrote:But come o, I don't understand something.

In day-to-day life, most Nigerian condone tribalism by labeling others Yoruba and accepting State-quota and "National Identity".

If we can't accept State quota and National Identity when it comes to players serving us in the SE, why should we accept it in any other thing?
Oba,

Now you are talking !

whenever I bring up these discussions people always have these Knee jerk reactions to anything that has to do with ethnicity.