REDKNAPP Laughs OFF Story on Coaching Nigeria.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: REDKNAPP Laughs OFF Story on Coaching Nigeria.....

Post by Damunk »

heavyd wrote:
green4life wrote:
joao wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
joao wrote:No English coach can bring success to the SE. English football philosophy is outdated.
Just look at where the successful EPL coaches are from.
To be honest, I believe there is just too much made out of English style, Brazilian style, and so on. Those may have been accurate years and years ago but essentially no longer accurate. Ideas of how to play football have spread across and are shared across geographies. Thus, when you watch England play it isn't that much different (style wise) from watching a team from some African or South American country. What is different is the philosophy of a specific coach. This is why it is amazing to me, still, that World Cup friendlies continue to be based on these outdated beliefs about style. I guess beliefs die hard.
While I agree with the highlighted, I still see the typical English coach as
favoring athletics and brawn over skills. Maybe my experience in the US where the English coaches
use to dominate the youth leagues determined my statement. One thing I will not deny the English
coach is motivating the players, but that alone would not suffice when the opposing coach is nuanced
in ball possession and team trickery versus his direct approach.
Cheers!!!
So much wrong in your post. Your assumptions are outdated to say the least. Also, using one brush to paint all English coaches leads to an inaccurate conclusion.

That said, while Harry Redknapp doesn't inspire me (not my cup of tea), he did a reasonably pretty good job with Spurs (leading them to multiple top 4 finishes) and I don't recall their football being so difficult to watch. Notwithstanding, different English coaches have different beliefs and coaching philosophies.
So Incredibly outdated... :bored:

It beats me that anyone who claims to know anything about football can still say all English teams or coaches play long ball football. Just watching the likes of Bournemouth, Sheffield United and Leicester City starkly blows those archaic thoughts out of the water.

Cybereagles propensity to bash the England game what ever strides it makes is a source of fascination for me really.

They even refused to give England props when they won both junior World cups within days of each other a few years ago :lol: :lol:

Now that Sancho is destroying teams in Bundesliga (with others soon to follow) they will soon have to accept that England is on the way to being the new superpower :taunt: :taunt:
It is intuitive....plus a reluctance of people to re-examine long-held beliefs even in the light of contrary evidence in abundance.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "