Twitter Nigeria. Rufai Vs Enyeama

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Twitter Nigeria. Rufai Vs Enyeama

Post by imehjunior »

Most of the twitter generation like me only have Tunis 94, US 94 and France 98 to judge Rufai . Morroco 88 is slightly vague as I saw only the final.
How good was Rufai ?
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Twitter Nigeria. Rufai Vs Enyeama

Post by Purity »

Enyeama.. 2 CAF, 1 AFCON and 2 world cups. 2, Nigerian title with enyimba
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Purity wrote:Enyeama.. 2 CAF, 1 AFCON and 2 world cups. 2, Nigerian title with enyimba
Twitter historians don start again...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Longevity and accomplishments in terms of titles won Enyeama hands down. Rufai in his prime was a better GK though.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enyeama is/was miles ahead of Rufai. Comparing both in Afcons and worldcups.. Enyeama alone saved our defense so many times
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Trophies count.

World cup exposure, AFCON exposure. Local league.

Rufai na legend too.. But Enyeama won many things..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Purity wrote:Trophies count.

World cup exposure, AFCON exposure. Local league.

Rufai na legend too.. But Enyeama won many things..
Who was better in their prime?
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Enyeama is underated because he does not have the size of Rufai.

Enyeama kept 11 consecutive clean sheets in Ligue 1 matches during the first half of the season. On 8 December 2013, Enyeama finally conceded a goal after playing 1,062 minutes of Ligue 1 football in an away match against Bordeaux, during which he was beaten by Landry N'Guémo's deflected strike in the 27th minute. He thus came within 114 minutes of equalling Gaëtan Huard's Ligue 1 goalkeeping record, set in 1993.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Rufai obviously cuts a cult hero figure but realistically these two are not on same level. Enyeama miles ahead.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Peter " the cat" Rufai, in his prime was better than Enyeama. He was in total command of his box and plucked balls in the air easily something that was a problem for Enyeama until later in his career.
I am happy
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Rufai had an eye problem later in his career. headers from Corner kicks were almost a sure goal during Rufai's prime. Rufai was good, but france 98 rubbbished his legacy.
They are both the best two Gks we have had.. In overall Enyeama clinches it..
afc##
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Dammy wrote:Peter " the cat" Rufai, in his prime was better than Enyeama. He was in total command of his box and plucked balls in the air easily something that was a problem for Enyeama until later in his career.
I watched Rufai in his prime, and i can say without hesitation that Rufai was NEVER at any point at Enyeama's level. While Rufai at thia point was plucking ball easily from African club footballers, Enyeama at his prime was keeping clean sheets against the likes of Ibrahamovic, Cavani,etc at club level and stopping Messi from scoring at the World Cup. Enyeama has won CAF best goal keeper 3 times. There's just no comparison. Enyeama is the greatest Nigerian goalkeeper by a country mile.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Both are good, Enyeama is surely the best ! Rufai has an advantage of playing with the golden generation.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

What kind of rubbish highlights are these?
YNWA
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

heavyd wrote:
What kind of rubbish highlights are these?
exactly. those were his best highlights , Rufai had a problem, he dives with both hands opned, just look the the goal CIV scored via the corner in 1994 or even the final vs Zambia...Rufai was terrible defending high balls
SuperEagles

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Enyeama for me is the greatest Naija goalie of all time. Played in 3 world cups, 2 of which he performed very well, won an ANC ,and captained the SE. He also has the distinguished record of playing more games than any other goalie. When he was at Lille he was also rated as one of the best goalies in France and Europe.

Rufai was a very good goalie too. Many on this forum are too young to have seen his best years. He also lost a few of his prime years cos he was frozen out of the SE despite being the most talented keeper available. Though he was older, his performance in the 98 world cup also somewhat tarnishes his legacy. Also Rufai spent a good amount of time on the bench for some of the European clubs he played for.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

olu wrote:Enyeama for me is the greatest Naija goalie of all time. Played in 3 world cups, 2 of which he performed very well, won an ANC ,and captained the SE. He also has the distinguished record of playing more games than any other goalie. When he was at Lille he was also rated as one of the best goalies in France and Europe.

Rufai was a very good goalie too. Many on this forum are too young to have seen his best years. He also lost a few of his prime years cos he was frozen out of the SE despite being the most talented keeper available. Though he was older, his performance in the 98 world cup also somewhat tarnishes his legacy. Also Rufai spent a good amount of time on the bench for some of the European clubs he played for.
One of the best goal keepers in Europe :???:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He was playing for Lille, an European clubside.
gochino wrote:
olu wrote:Enyeama for me is the greatest Naija goalie of all time. Played in 3 world cups, 2 of which he performed very well, won an ANC ,and captained the SE. He also has the distinguished record of playing more games than any other goalie. When he was at Lille he was also rated as one of the best goalies in France and Europe.

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

olu wrote:He was playing for Lille, an European clubside.
gochino wrote:

He was one of the best in the world when he was Lille.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Im a Rufai fan but I give it to Enyeama. When he was on top of his game at Lille, he was the best GK in Africa and one of the best in the World.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enyeama was a top goalie, but its a travesty to compare him to Rufai, not to mention Okalla.

SMH at some of these people...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp