Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 7739
Tobi17 wrote:
txj wrote:
Enyeama was a top goalie, but its a travesty to compare him to Rufai, not to mention Okalla.

SMH at some of these people...

Give us reasons for your arrogant facts...


I'll give you a history lesson. Just be patient for a week or two. Way too much on my plate right now.

God keep us all in good health till then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 7739
BTW, I fully agree that Vince is the greatest SE Keeper ever.

But to even suggest that he is the best keeper the SE has had is just ridiculous.

For those trying to rubbish the level of previous CANs, CIV '84 and Maroc '88, were probably the highest level CANs of all time. A couple of factors led to this too. (Hurts to state this, especially as those Plantanians won both)

Let's keep this thread aside for a couple of weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 12476
truetalk wrote:
This argument is as ridiculous as those suggesting that Kanu (who is not even top 20 by any sensible criteria) is the greatest Super Eagle of all time.

The things you see and hear!


Kanu is the greatest Super Eagle of all time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5985
ANC wrote:
truetalk wrote:
This argument is as ridiculous as those suggesting that Kanu (who is not even top 20 by any sensible criteria) is the greatest Super Eagle of all time.

The things you see and hear!


Kanu is the greatest Super Eagle of all time.


He isn't even top 20 among those he's played with.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42277
Location: UK
truetalk wrote:
BTW, I fully agree that Vince is the greatest SE Keeper ever.

But to even suggest that he is the best keeper the SE has had is just ridiculous..
I'm confused by these your two statements.
Help me out... :idea:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18120
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
BTW, I fully agree that Vince is the greatest SE Keeper ever.

But to even suggest that he is the best keeper the SE has had is just ridiculous..
I'm confused by these your two statements.
Help me out... :idea:


Must be a typo.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 48847
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
BTW, I fully agree that Vince is the greatest SE Keeper ever.

But to even suggest that he is the best keeper the SE has had is just ridiculous..
I'm confused by these your two statements.
Help me out... :idea:


Must be a typo.


Prof., I read am, read am again. Even involve Google translator.

I need help.

With regards to the topic on hand, I am wondering which Rufai he was watching or even the Okalla that TXJ is swearing on.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13709
Location: USA
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
BTW, I fully agree that Vince is the greatest SE Keeper ever.

But to even suggest that he is the best keeper the SE has had is just ridiculous..
I'm confused by these your two statements.
Help me out... :idea:


Must be a typo.


Prof., I read am, read am again. Even involve Google translator.

I need help.

With regards to the topic on hand, I am wondering which Rufai he was watching or even the Okalla that TXJ is swearing on.


I believe Vince is the greatest and best, but I understand the difference that Truetalk is trying to make. Greatest generally means one who achieved the most. Best means most talented.

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time, but skill for skill, he isn't the best basketball player of all time.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 86938
Location: Earth
Enyeama has no equal. Top PK stopper, scored goals and played in 3 wcs

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 5917
The best and greatest is Okala


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3534
Love Rufai. Enyema was amazing.

You do have to throw Okalla into the discussion too.

Lots of parallels too: each won a Nations Cup, the only ones we've won.

As a physical specimen and for his time, you'd have to go with Okalla. More intimidating that Schmichael and Grobblear put together. With the agility of a man half his size.

For consistency over time, Rufai hung around, 98 notwithstanding. I saw him when we defeated Algeria in 88 for Olympic qualifying and man he was immense.

But for having played at the highest levels, 3 Wc's (should have been 4), his record in France, the sheer ridiculousness of some of his saves especially off Messi in 2010, I'll go Enyeama. But you really could pick any of the three

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:35 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42277
Location: UK
asabatex wrote:
The best and greatest is Okala
Fortunately for Okala, there really isn't any real footage around today with which to do an objective assessment.
Its all based on memories.
Okala was larger than life both physically and metaphorically, but I do not think he was on the same performance level as Chukwu, Adokiye, Odegbami and Muda.

He definitely could not be described as "agile".

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group