Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:45 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:20 pm
Posts: 1763
Painful match to watch. Was lost psychologically starting with wearing the away jersey when in fact you’re designated the home team.

_________________
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10275
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
What do we mean by "playing aggressively"?
Or do we just mean attacking football which thrilled the world in '94/96?
We don't want the "aggressive" football that got us countless yellow cards in '94.

What is being explained to you is the ´Mindset´ of a coach and how that translates how the team plays or tactics.

The mindset of a coach who´s team competing for the Top 4, is different from the coach who is satisfied with top 10 and/or Europa league and the coach is constantly battling relegation in the Premiership.

In Rohr case, talks down his team and players (We don´t have players in the top clubs etc) and this mindset was evidence in the WC and AfCon, vis-à-vis how he set (tactics) his team to play.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10275
Location: loughborough.
Goalgetter wrote:
Painful match to watch. Was lost psychologically starting with wearing the away jersey when in fact you’re designated the home team.
Wait oooooo, didn´t the NFF know SE were the home team?

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 8957
Undertaker wrote:
The second most painful Nigeria match seen at a World Cup. I have seen it all btw.... except the three matches in Korea & Japan 2002. The number of Argentinian fans in the stadium in St. Petersburg was mad crazy. Most of them were smoking and nervous until the end. Then they have the nerve to ask us to exchange jerseys with them after the match? Hell NO! The Nigerian jersey was a picture magnet and an attention-getter in Russia.

Beautiful Russian city St. Petersburg. It reminded me of Paris. The NFF group stayed in our hotel, Hilton Saint Petersburg ExpoForum. The Chairman was on our floor. That dude gets big head sha!


I met up with some friends at that hotel before we headed to the stadium.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:39 am
Posts: 14597
Location: Houston, Texas.
aruako1 wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
The second most painful Nigeria match seen at a World Cup. I have seen it all btw.... except the three matches in Korea & Japan 2002. The number of Argentinian fans in the stadium in St. Petersburg was mad crazy. Most of them were smoking and nervous until the end. Then they have the nerve to ask us to exchange jerseys with them after the match? Hell NO! The Nigerian jersey was a picture magnet and an attention-getter in Russia.

Beautiful Russian city St. Petersburg. It reminded me of Paris. The NFF group stayed in our hotel, Hilton Saint Petersburg ExpoForum. The Chairman was on our floor. That dude gets big head sha!


I met up with some friends at that hotel before we headed to the stadium.



Very beautiful hotel. $25 for a one hour massage at the spa.... I was there every day for 5 days. The Club lounge food was amazing and the front desk Russian girls were very cute......

_________________
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:46 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8724
We lost for two main reasons:

1) Uzoho is a really poor keeper
2) The ref cheated us out of a penalty

Going forward, no reason on earth why Uzoho should continue to be the first choice keeper❗️


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14209
I dont know why people are hating so much.

The 2nd half Nigeria limited Argentina to almost nothing and had the better chances until Argies scored at the end. We were very organized, and Ighalo should have taken time and finished that chance, and that would have been history.

I dont understand what people expected. To attack Argentina carelessly while we only needed a draw. What kind of coach will do that. Even playing defensively we had more chances than Argentina.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:02 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 8957
vancity eagle wrote:
I dont know why people are hating so much.

The 2nd half Nigeria limited Argentina to almost nothing and had the better chances until Argies scored at the end. We were very organized, and Ighalo should have taken time and finished that chance, and that would have been history.

I dont understand what people expected. To attack Argentina carelessly while we only needed a draw. What kind of coach will do that. Even playing defensively we had more chances than Argentina.


Nobody asked for endless attacks but we should have used our pace an counter attacks to provide an outlet in the last few minutes when we were under pressure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:46 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42319
Location: UK
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
I dont know why people are hating so much.

The 2nd half Nigeria limited Argentina to almost nothing and had the better chances until Argies scored at the end. We were very organized, and Ighalo should have taken time and finished that chance, and that would have been history.

I dont understand what people expected. To attack Argentina carelessly while we only needed a draw. What kind of coach will do that. Even playing defensively we had more chances than Argentina.


Nobody asked for endless attacks but we should have used our pace an counter attacks to provide an outlet in the last few minutes when we were under pressure.
It's all hindsight.
U can only counterattack when you have possession and are pretty good at keeping it.
You also have to be confident your backline can handle it if your counterattack breaks down.
I'm not sure we had those luxuries.

I need to rewatch the whole match.
It was too painful and I've not moved near it since...

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42319
Location: UK
Damunk wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
I dont know why people are hating so much.

The 2nd half Nigeria limited Argentina to almost nothing and had the better chances until Argies scored at the end. We were very organized, and Ighalo should have taken time and finished that chance, and that would have been history.

I dont understand what people expected. To attack Argentina carelessly while we only needed a draw. What kind of coach will do that. Even playing defensively we had more chances than Argentina.


Nobody asked for endless attacks but we should have used our pace an counter attacks to provide an outlet in the last few minutes when we were under pressure.
It's all hindsight.
U can only counterattack when you have possession and are pretty good at keeping it.
You also have to be confident your backline can handle it if your counterattack breaks down.
I'm not sure we had those luxuries.

I need to rewatch the whole match.
It was too painful and I've not moved near it since...
Full match n/a online but this 10 minute summary of the action highlights tells an interesting story.



No way does it support the popular narrative that we simply sat back and allowed Argentina to dictate play.
It seems we created chances but Ighalo and Musa were wasteful.

The game na fire but tension no gree us appreciate and disappointment no let us remember the peppeh we peppeh dem.

See how dem wan craze on scoring the winner in the 87th minute.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ayo Akinfe, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], TonyTheTigerKiller and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group