Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42319
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Which coaches? The ones you put together one month to the tournament? The ones that are not paid or funded
Ah....so thats the excuse now?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But Keshi wasn't paid either, was he?
Keshi was actually deliberately sabotaged.

This your 'cut and paste' argument is doing you no favours mate.

'Wuruwuru-to-di-answer' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:36 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39488
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Which coaches? The ones you put together one month to the tournament? The ones that are not paid or funded
Ah....so thats the excuse now?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But Keshi wasn't paid either, was he?
Keshi was actually deliberately sabotaged.

This your 'cut and paste' argument is doing you no favours mate.

'Wuruwuru-to-di-answer' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Keshi was SE coach so he did the SCOUTING of the players and got a trophy and WC 2nd round to show for it. This he did without any 'software'. He was not depending on U17, U21, U23 etc to do the scouting for him

ROHR is the SE coach. Let him at LEAST achieved what Keshi achieved. That should not be too much to ask for.

Enough of the WOWO arguement :thumbs: Just deliver the ANC like Keshi did!

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42319
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Which coaches? The ones you put together one month to the tournament? The ones that are not paid or funded
Ah....so thats the excuse now?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But Keshi wasn't paid either, was he?
Keshi was actually deliberately sabotaged.

This your 'cut and paste' argument is doing you no favours mate.

'Wuruwuru-to-di-answer' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Keshi was SE coach so he did the SCOUTING of the players and got a trophy and WC 2nd round to show for it. This he did without any 'software'. He was not depending on U17, U21, U23 etc to do the scouting for him

ROHR is the SE coach. Let him at LEAST achieved what Keshi achieved. That should not be too much to ask for.

Enough of the WOWO arguement :thumbs: Just deliver the ANC like Keshi did!
If you didn't argue with a bit more decorum on other issues, I mighta engaged you in your silly argument about WOWOs and software. Not to mention your "U17, U20" strawman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Like I said, you are all over the place, so going there with you would be to trivialise the matter.
You dey use 'WOWO' label cover WURUWURU logic.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39488
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Which coaches? The ones you put together one month to the tournament? The ones that are not paid or funded
Ah....so thats the excuse now?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But Keshi wasn't paid either, was he?
Keshi was actually deliberately sabotaged.

This your 'cut and paste' argument is doing you no favours mate.

'Wuruwuru-to-di-answer' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Keshi was SE coach so he did the SCOUTING of the players and got a trophy and WC 2nd round to show for it. This he did without any 'software'. He was not depending on U17, U21, U23 etc to do the scouting for him

ROHR is the SE coach. Let him at LEAST achieved what Keshi achieved. That should not be too much to ask for.

Enough of the WOWO arguement :thumbs: Just deliver the ANC like Keshi did!
If you didn't argue with a bit more decorum on other issues, I mighta engaged you in your silly argument about WOWOs and software. Not to mention your "U17, U20" strawman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Like I said, you are all over the place, so going there with you would be to trivialise the matter.
You dey use 'WOWO' label cover WURUWURU logic.


You brought WAFU and U23 coaches :)

Simple Keshi as SE coach scouted the league, used 'local' players and won the ANC without using any 'software'

Since you don't think Rohr should scout 'local' players will you expect him to AT LEAST equal Keshi's record of ANC and WC 2nd round or that target will be too much for ROHR?

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42319
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Which coaches? The ones you put together one month to the tournament? The ones that are not paid or funded
Ah....so thats the excuse now?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But Keshi wasn't paid either, was he?
Keshi was actually deliberately sabotaged.

This your 'cut and paste' argument is doing you no favours mate.

'Wuruwuru-to-di-answer' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Keshi was SE coach so he did the SCOUTING of the players and got a trophy and WC 2nd round to show for it. This he did without any 'software'. He was not depending on U17, U21, U23 etc to do the scouting for him

ROHR is the SE coach. Let him at LEAST achieved what Keshi achieved. That should not be too much to ask for.

Enough of the WOWO arguement :thumbs: Just deliver the ANC like Keshi did!
If you didn't argue with a bit more decorum on other issues, I mighta engaged you in your silly argument about WOWOs and software. Not to mention your "U17, U20" strawman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Like I said, you are all over the place, so going there with you would be to trivialise the matter.
You dey use 'WOWO' label cover WURUWURU logic.


You brought WAFU and U23 coaches :)

Simple Keshi as SE coach scouted the league, used 'local' players and won the ANC without using any 'software'

Since you don't think Rohr should scout 'local' players will you expect him to AT LEAST equal Keshi's record of ANC and WC 2nd round or that target will be too much for ROHR?

Where have you seen me suggest he SHOULDN'T scout locally?
I've asked you what went wrong with the scouting prowess of our local assistant SE coaches who know the local league and players better than any foreigner ever would. The same coaches everyone is clamouring to take over the SE from Johnny Foreigner.
What are they doing? Where did they recruit their WAFU, CHAN and U23 players from?
All you have said is that they were given "only one month" to put a team together. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You come use wurururu add "U17 and U20" join. Even you must find that amusing.

And where does WOWO come into all this?

See yasef? A whole wurunaj0. :oops:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39488
Damunk wrote:
Where have you seen me suggest he SHOULDN'T scout locally?
I've asked you what went wrong with the scouting prowess of our local assistant SE coaches who know the local league and players better than any foreigner ever would. The same coaches everyone is clamouring to take over the SE from Johnny Foreigner.
What are they doing? Where did they recruit their WAFU, CHAN and U23 players from?
All you have said is that they were given "only one month" to put a team together. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You come use wurururu add "U17 and U20" join. Even you must find that amusing.

And where does WOWO come into all this?

See yasef? A whole wurunaj0. :oops:


Ok. So you agree that he should 'scout locally'. Good. NEXT.

Is asking him to meet Keshi's achievement too much to ask?

ANC Trophy and WC 2nd round at first attempt. Asking ROHR to do that at 2nd attempt should not be a difficult task or what do you think? :taunt:

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42319
Location: UK
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Where have you seen me suggest he SHOULDN'T scout locally?
I've asked you what went wrong with the scouting prowess of our local assistant SE coaches who know the local league and players better than any foreigner ever would. The same coaches everyone is clamouring to take over the SE from Johnny Foreigner.
What are they doing? Where did they recruit their WAFU, CHAN and U23 players from?
All you have said is that they were given "only one month" to put a team together. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You come use wurururu add "U17 and U20" join. Even you must find that amusing.

And where does WOWO come into all this?

See yasef? A whole wurunaj0. :oops:


Ok. So you agree that he should 'scout locally'. Good. NEXT.

Is asking him to meet Keshi's achievement too much to ask?

ANC Trophy and WC 2nd round at first attempt. Asking ROHR to do that at 2nd attempt should not be a difficult task or what do you think? :taunt:
So you have now won your strawman argument.
Clap for yourself!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

From today you shall be known as wurunaj0.
Amazing.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:05 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 48938
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


It is NOT the same.

Doc, in America, the teams that constantly do well in the NFL scout smaller schools... but it also comes down to coaches who give them reps in practice. You hear scouts saying that they will watch tape and want to see the player in person... and sometimes they end up being attracted by a totally different player than the one they came to evaluate. The scouts then pound the table for the position coaches and head coach to give those players a CHANCE to show what they have against their prime jewels.

Rohr hasn't even tried to scout them himself. His inherent bias is what makes him invite some and that is where it ends.

There is a totally different environment in the team when there's a buzz that the National Team coach or scouts is around.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42319
Location: UK
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


It is NOT the same.

Doc, in America, the teams that constantly do well in the NFL scout smaller schools... but it also comes down to coaches who give them reps in practice. You hear scouts saying that they will watch tape and want to see the player in person... and sometimes they end up being attracted by a totally different player than the one they came to evaluate. The scouts then pound the table for the position coaches and head coach to give those players a CHANCE to show what they have against their prime jewels.

Rohr hasn't even tried to scout them himself. His inherent bias is what makes him invite some and that is where it ends.

There is a totally different environment in the team when there's a buzz that the National Team coach or scouts is around.
There are many ways to skin a cat.
The NFL isn't necessarily the model league we all could or should have to emulate.
You tailor your methods to your environment. Nigeria is not the USA by any stretch of the imagination.

Is it Nigeria with bad roads, unreliable flights and armed robbers waylaying our players all over the country that we should be comparing to the NFL? And that's just safety.

No question, Rohr should scout locally, but he will still have to rely heavily on his coaching assistants to cover the Nigerian terrain in full. It is not even efficient for him to attend one match around the country, say, every week. There has to be a way he can scout and the NFF that insists on it will have to provide a blueprint.

Every time I read of a local team heading by road for an away match I cringe - if its not dangerous roads it is armed robbers or vehicle breakdowns.
Maybe its just my fear of travelling around the country.
I even get the jitters when the Super Eagles are flying up and down...

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 48938
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


It is NOT the same.

Doc, in America, the teams that constantly do well in the NFL scout smaller schools... but it also comes down to coaches who give them reps in practice. You hear scouts saying that they will watch tape and want to see the player in person... and sometimes they end up being attracted by a totally different player than the one they came to evaluate. The scouts then pound the table for the position coaches and head coach to give those players a CHANCE to show what they have against their prime jewels.

Rohr hasn't even tried to scout them himself. His inherent bias is what makes him invite some and that is where it ends.

There is a totally different environment in the team when there's a buzz that the National Team coach or scouts is around.
There are many ways to skin a cat.
The NFL isn't necessarily the model league we all could or should have to emulate.
You tailor your methods to your environment. Nigeria is not the USA by any stretch of the imagination.

Is it Nigeria with bad roads, unreliable flights and armed robbers waylaying our players all over the country that we should be comparing to the NFL? And that's just safety.

No question, Rohr should scout locally, but he will still have to rely heavily on his coaching assistants to cover the Nigerian terrain in full. It is not even efficient for him to attend one match around the country, say, every week. There has to be a way he can scout and the NFF that insists on it will have to provide a blueprint.

Every time I read of a local team heading by road for an away match I cringe - if its not dangerous roads it is armed robbers or vehicle breakdowns.
Maybe its just my fear of travelling around the country.
I even get the jitters when the Super Eagles are flying up and down...


It has to start by not having a bias. I brought up the American NFL because the teams that do well have a policy that makes them scout lower-division schools for talent. They don't base their talent evaluation and scouting only on the players who play on National TV on the regular. They spend a lot of time and resources scavenging places where players don't get to play on TV.

Rohr must first be convinced that it is worth his time and effort.

Folks on this very thread have given examples of previous foreign coaches who have told us there are no more good enough talent worthy of playing for the Eagles. If 2013 didn't show us that if we didn't look in wards, we could have settled for yet another Golden Bronze.

With regards to the logistics of travelling to games. He doesn't need to go to all the games... he can start with those games that are within close proximity to where he resides in Naijaria.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18131
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
The elephant in the room is the group of local SE coaches in charge of scouting and managing the CHAN, WAFU and U23 teams.
What you are in effect saying without realising it is that they are incompetent.
They are in charge of NPFL scouting but their efforts are not good enough is what you all are saying.
And the Rohr many are saying is no better than the local coaches is somehow expected to do a better job in scouting local players than our top coaches wey dey ground.

This una argument get as e be.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


It is NOT the same.

Doc, in America, the teams that constantly do well in the NFL scout smaller schools... but it also comes down to coaches who give them reps in practice. You hear scouts saying that they will watch tape and want to see the player in person... and sometimes they end up being attracted by a totally different player than the one they came to evaluate. The scouts then pound the table for the position coaches and head coach to give those players a CHANCE to show what they have against their prime jewels.

Rohr hasn't even tried to scout them himself. His inherent bias is what makes him invite some and that is where it ends.

There is a totally different environment in the team when there's a buzz that the National Team coach or scouts is around.
There are many ways to skin a cat.
The NFL isn't necessarily the model league we all could or should have to emulate.
You tailor your methods to your environment. Nigeria is not the USA by any stretch of the imagination.

Is it Nigeria with bad roads, unreliable flights and armed robbers waylaying our players all over the country that we should be comparing to the NFL? And that's just safety.

No question, Rohr should scout locally, but he will still have to rely heavily on his coaching assistants to cover the Nigerian terrain in full. It is not even efficient for him to attend one match around the country, say, every week. There has to be a way he can scout and the NFF that insists on it will have to provide a blueprint.

Every time I read of a local team heading by road for an away match I cringe - if its not dangerous roads it is armed robbers or vehicle breakdowns.
Maybe its just my fear of travelling around the country.
I even get the jitters when the Super Eagles are flying up and down...


It has to start by not having a bias. I brought up the American NFL because the teams that do well have a policy that makes them scout lower-division schools for talent. They don't base their talent evaluation and scouting only on the players who play on National TV on the regular. They spend a lot of time and resources scavenging places where players don't get to play on TV.

Rohr must first be convinced that it is worth his time and effort.

Folks on this very thread have given examples of previous foreign coaches who have told us there are no more good enough talent worthy of playing for the Eagles. If 2013 didn't show us that if we didn't look in wards, we could have settled for yet another Golden Bronze.

With regards to the logistics of travelling to games. He doesn't need to go to all the games... he can start with those games that are within close proximity to where he resides in Naijaria.

Cell,

That highlighted in red is what many are sorely missing. Yet, it is starring them right in the face.

It is the reason why Maduka Okoye is given chances to make the team and many NPFL players receive perfunctory invitations: come to camp and train three days. Next time, forget him because we really called him up to show Nigerians we have invited a local guy to camp. That is the issue right there.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: danfo driver, GG of G, TonyTheTigerKiller and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group