Mikel looks to continue career

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/ ... -career--b
Former Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi has said he intends to continue playing football and is open to any offers following his departure from Turkish side Trabzonspor, Goal.com reports.

The former Nigeria international mutually ended his contract with the Super Lig side in March after he expressed concern about league games continuing in Turkey in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

However, the 33-year-old is not ready to hang up his boots yet and in an interview with Egyptian media outlet OnTime Sports, he said he was willing to consider any offer to continue his career.

‘Playing in the Egyptian Premier League? Why not?’ said Mikel in response to a query about playing in Egypt.

‘I am a professional footballer and everything is possible. I never ruled anything out.

‘My goal is to continue playing football, and I hope I will have the opportunity, I do not reject any offers made to me, but rather study them well until I make the right decision.’

Following his departure from Stamford Bridge in January 2017, Mikel spent two seasons at Chinese side Tianjin Teda and half a season at Middlesbrough before he joined Trabzonspor last year.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel looks to continue career

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

As soon as Mikel retires he should be drafted into SE coaching staff and paid in $ with an option to renew the contract as head coach/Technical adviser. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:As soon as Mikel retires he should be drafted into SE coaching staff and paid in $ with an option to renew the contract as head coach/Technical adviser. :thumb:
Why? What qualifications does he have for head coach/Technical adviser?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

obaGol wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:As soon as Mikel retires he should be drafted into SE coaching staff and paid in $ with an option to renew the contract as head coach/Technical adviser. :thumb:
The Yobo accelerated and unilateral appointment has set a unique precedent. Mikel is guaranteed a seat on the Technical bench. Enyeama is all but assured as goalkeeper coach. :P :P :thumbs:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The comments sound a bit desperate sha. Egyptian league ke?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

obaGol wrote:

Dude has won the CL,EPL,FA CUP, EUROPA ,AFCON and Went to 2 WCs.If Shoelace Can get a job as an assistant coach then Mikel should be NFF chair/ Technical adviser with an option to select the Min of sports.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Please not Egypt, his agent should get him to mls
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
obaGol wrote:

Dude has won the CL,EPL,FA CUP, EUROPA ,AFCON and Went to 2 WCs.If Shoelace Can get a job as an assistant coach then Mikel should be NFF chair/ Technical adviser with an option to select the Min of sports.
Tell me how many championships did Klopp win as a player?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:
obaGol wrote:
The Yobo accelerated and unilateral appointment has set a unique precedent. Mikel is guaranteed a seat on the Technical bench. Enyeama is all but assured as goalkeeper coach. :P :P :thumbs:

Chai, sifia pain all around....
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.