JAY JAY, HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet
JAY JAY, HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW.

Post by ROSSIKE »

Okocha phhuckked up big time. He was totally useless.

No doubt he was tired after playing till virtually the last minute for Bolton, before flying in, (jet lagged of course) to play for his SECOND most important team, the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

If only some of these players reproduced HALF of what they produce for their clubs, Naija will win the WC, never mind the ANC.

Instead, all we see is LACKADAISICAL PERFORMANCES from players who seem to suddenly turn BIG MEN when in Nigerian jerseys.

IF WE WERE A SERIOUS COUNTRY, there's no reason why SUNDAY OLISEH should not have been recalled - even begged - to come and commandeer that midfield in the obvious absence of any proper replacement. But since petty, personal malice and prejudices hold sway over the wider national good, and common sense, we didn't.

Seyi Olofinjana or whatever his name is is NO MATCH even for the Oliseh of today.

IKEDIA should have STARTED that game to provide more of a threat on the right .

I'll never know why we keep bringing on that guy only when we're chasing a game in the last few minutes.

FOOLHARDINESS I DARE SAY.

TERRIBLE PASSING. POOR COORDINATION AMONG OUR STRIKERS, ABSENCE OF CREATIVITY IN THE LAST THIRD.

AND WORST OF ALL, A TERRIBLE, UGLY, NEW KIT (RESEMBLING KENYA'S OR CONGO'S)

WHAT A HORRIBLE DAY FOR NIGERIAN SOCCER.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Leave Seyi out of this....the boy acquitted himself well in his first major competition...The culprits were CCC, JJ, Kanu and Aiyegbeni IMHO..
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Dolly, the culprits were Chukwu, JJ and Kanu! No more, no less.

Chukwu for poor squad selection, poorer player selection and ever poorer tactics - in short, for being Chukwu!
JJ Okocha for his tardiness and lack of commitment to the team;
Kanu also for his tardiness and lack of commitment to the team but his is even worse in that he had more to prove after fumbling in previous tournies and yet...he saunters leisurely to camp;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

..and Garba Lawal for not playing well, oops I forgot he was not even on the field.
Seriously, a Lawal for Kanu swap would have done our midfield a whole lot of good. Also Agali for Aiyegbeni should have been done much earlier.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

the man doesn't care about what happens, he already said he wanted to retire from international soccer, he knows why he said so... Now,he has more important things to worry about..like how Bolton will play against A.Villa...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

u forgot babayaro, okoronkwo and yobo for leaving hadji open like that.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

The goal was Yobo's fault, really bad postioning on his part
SITH
Egg
Egg

Post by SITH »

Mr Dolly, I really don't understand how you can put JJ and Kanu in the same company. Kanu should not be playing period!!!! I will blame JJ only when he is not played as a DM by the clueless chukwu.

Some have said it Zaki out coached CCC i think anyone could have done that when playing against a 4-2-4 system which is only used when playing video games. with Kanu as short 1 maybe 4-2-3

CCC nedds to play the traditional 2 strickers only with Kanu on the bench!!!, A SOLID MID-FIELD AND THE SAME DEFENCE as today's game 'cos the defence will not be under so much presure if there was a mid field in the first place.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

SITH wrote:Mr Dolly, I really don't understand how you can put JJ and Kanu in the same company. Kanu should not be playing period!!!! I will blame JJ only when he is not played as a DM by the clueless chukwu.

Some have said it Zaki out coached CCC i think anyone could have done that when playing against a 4-2-4 system which is only used when playing video games. with Kanu as short 1 maybe 4-2-3

CCC nedds to play the traditional 2 strickers only with Kanu on the bench!!!, A SOLID MID-FIELD AND THE SAME DEFENCE as today's game 'cos the defence will not be under so much presure if there was a mid field in the first place.
My friend JJ is our captain and marquee player and he still failed to stamp his presence on the game, just like he failed to do in Mali 2002.

It's time we stop the over dependence on so called stars...I say give Osaze a starting role against RSA and see if he would not be hungrier than JJ and Kanu combined..
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The main cuplrits were as follows:

1. Okocha & Kanu
For arriving late to the camp. These players will be among the first to blame Nigeria's woes on lack of preparation. Until they perform they will forever remain culprits. Kanu's performance in particular, was a study in ineptitude. :x

2. Clueless Coach Christian Chukwu
What audacity to use such personnel with that formation. Utaka - olé!, Kanu - olé!, Jay Jay - olé!, Aghahowa - olé!, anyone missing....oh yes - Yakubu - olé! Tactics - poor, strategy - worse. He made the right changes but it was too little to late.

3. Yobo
Went to sleep for the goal.

Positives:
Enyeama: A solid performance in goal - could do nothing about the goal.

Babayaro: his best performance in an Eagles shirt for a long, long while.

Olofinjana: Nigeria's best player. Snuffed out numerous Morroccan attacks - especially in the second half.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

You guys are right, kanu, Chukwu abd JJ are to blame.
Apart from the goal yobo had a solid game.
Aiyegbeni was played in left wing :D CC is clueless.
4-3-3 formation with two very slow midfielders who can't win a tackle.
the defense though exposed was not that bad.
Ikedia was the third best naija player. Has improved considerably.
Olofinjana tried manning the midfield alone.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
All na YAWA

Post by KingLoku »

I go talk true cuss olotuo be mu name ,,,, we try! J.J played so much defence instead of make he dey help in attack tham make am defender ,, chiaaaaaa! ,,, and ikedia should have started ,,, Baba is still very solid , that is for sure ,, seriouslly i no care wetin anybodi talk ,, Taribo is still very much needed for our backline, inshort Kanu no suppose play this game ,,, anyway i go see wetin we go play against S.A,,, the goal na yobo fault tho ....
hard luck sha/
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

Those guys English premier league ruined today for us. Apart from Babayaro none of them gave good account to themselves.That shows importance of camp.It helps teams play coherently.These boys are too big for Nigeria,they report to camp when they want to and automatically receive first team shirts. Inspite of fact they play different positions Yakubu Obodo and Agali who is a better player. Obodo reported to camp as soon as it opens but it did not make difference to the selection committe. This is exact reason why Nigeria inspite our natural endowments we are still one of the most backward country. Is this a curse or what?Okacha should be stripped of the captiancy with immediate effect. He needs to learn how to lead by example. The most unfortunate thing he does that for his club Bolton where he leads by example.The biggest problem confronting Nigeria
today we are very unpatrotric.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Anyone blaming JJ for anything that happened on the field today is absolutely clueless...This man played his heart out....

I can't believe he had the lungs to last that lung especially since he had to cover for the dead weight next to him. I mean, I have bashed Kanu for a while but he was absolutely pathetic today...

If Chukwu even puts him on the bench for the next game then he needs to be slapped all over the place
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

ANybody that blames any player for our loose is clueless at best. Playing 4 attackers at a time is not but a recipe for disaster.

Remember CCC said Kanu is a central mid fielder :shock:

I know for sure that Eyimba could have walloped that team
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg
Re: JAY JAY, HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW.

Post by Stopyra10 »

ROSSIKE wrote:Okocha phhuckked up big time. He was totally useless.

No doubt he was tired after playing till virtually the last minute for Bolton, before flying in, (jet lagged of course) to play for his SECOND most important team, the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

If only some of these players reproduced HALF of what they produce for their clubs, Naija will win the WC, never mind the ANC.

Instead, all we see is LACKADAISICAL PERFORMANCES from players who seem to suddenly turn BIG MEN when in Nigerian jerseys.

IF WE WERE A SERIOUS COUNTRY, there's no reason why SUNDAY OLISEH should not have been recalled - even begged - to come and commandeer that midfield in the obvious absence of any proper replacement. But since petty, personal malice and prejudices hold sway over the wider national good, and common sense, we didn't.

Seyi Olofinjana or whatever his name is is NO MATCH even for the Oliseh of today.

IKEDIA should have STARTED that game to provide more of a threat on the right .

I'll never know why we keep bringing on that guy only when we're chasing a game in the last few minutes.

FOOLHARDINESS I DARE SAY.

TERRIBLE PASSING. POOR COORDINATION AMONG OUR STRIKERS, ABSENCE OF CREATIVITY IN THE LAST THIRD.

AND WORST OF ALL, A TERRIBLE, UGLY, NEW KIT (RESEMBLING KENYA'S OR CONGO'S)

WHAT A HORRIBLE DAY FOR NIGERIAN SOCCER.

Obviously your sense of football brains is seriously lacking!!!! if jayjay does not drop back deep to recieve the ball who will?? kanu!!! that was part of naija problem!! we need jayjay to create offfensively.. when that dumb Fuk CCC decided to start pick 10 /12 strikers and only 6 midfielders what doyou expect... the make shift roles is not gonna work... even bolton know that to help there team, jayjay plays infron of or next to a defensive midfielder so as to do the work jayjay had to do to day... giving him room to create!! all day passes longpasses!! why... no one to collect ball and give to jayjay in an offensive area!! i could go on about the players but for the sake of breath i will end here and though im an advocate basher on ikedia.. i would say he atleast tried!! last;y... if kanu is to be played... he should be played as a supportive striker or left on the bench!!! Yak and Aga are too of the same and one must come off the bench as a sub!!!!preferably yak!!!!
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Kai, playing Obodo up front should have been an eye opener. :mrgreen:
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.