Newcastle open talks to buy Iheanacho from Leicester City

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Newcastle open talks to buy Iheanacho from Leicester City

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Newcastle initiate talks to purchase Kelechi Iheanacho from Leicester at the end of the season - See more at: https://bit.ly/38Thdo1

For all his faults, Kelechi is always going to give a club more than Joelington does as the Newcastle man has only scored twice all season. When Kelechi burst on to the scene at the 2017 U17 World Cup, where he was adjudged the best player of the tournament, we all thought the sky was the limit for him.

I actually thought he would settle into a playmaker role and continue from where JJ left off but alas, he turned out to be a striker. As we all now know, Kelechi has two main problems in that role - His first touch is too heavy and he is not big and string enough to hold the ball up like say Vardy, Kane, Ighalo or Osimhen.

With it looking like Leicester will not qualify for the Uefa Champions League now, I guess Kelechi will be better off playing at Newcastle where he will get regular action. Presumably, they will also also him an improved contract from what he is on at Leicester.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Newcastle open talks to buy Iheanacho from Leicester Cit

Post by olu »

Newcastle has a reputation for being a dysfunctional club. Hope he finds a better club even if it's outside England.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Kelechi needs to stay in England 1 more year to qualify for his UK passport, then he can now go abroad.. He is almost there, let him go anywhere in the EPL..
afc##
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

chuks69 wrote:Kelechi needs to stay in England 1 more year to qualify for his UK passport, then he can now go abroad.. He is almost there, let him go anywhere in the EPL..
So playing for pali is the plan. I no blame am.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Just have to ask. How credible is it to self reference-for authentication. I see that Ayo’s link is an article written by Ayo. Is anyone else reporting this?
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

kawawa wrote:Just have to ask. How credible is it to self reference-for authentication. I see that Ayo’s link is an article written by Ayo. Is anyone else reporting this?
I am locking the thread .... to be reopened if and when Ayo edits his opening post to include a proper source link.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.