ROHR: AWONIYI Hopes.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR: AWONIYI Hopes.....

Post by Enugu II »

Ejuke waits, Awoniyi joins the wait....
Liverpool loanee Awoniyi keeping 'hopes alive' playing for the Super Eagles
Kunle Fayiga
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/liverpo ... 84jhapftpb
Last updated 1 day ago
11:34 6/18/20
COMMENTS
(
)

The 22-year-old is yet to break into the Nigerian senior national team despite starring at youth level
Liverpool loanee Taiwo Awoniyi is hopeful he can eventually play for the Super Eagles when his career progresses.
The 22-year-old is on loan at Mainz and is yet to make the step up into the senior national team having impressed at youth level.
He was part of the successful Golden Eaglets team that won the 2013 Under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates with the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho, Isaac Success and Francis Uzoho now integrated into the senior team.

Awoniyi was also in the Flying Eagles team that lifted the 2015 African Under-20 Championship in Senegal.
"I think it is every player's dream to play for his national team," he told Tribalfootball.
"But still you can't control it and Nigeria is blessed with an abundance of football talents everywhere."
Awoniyi admits he has not been in touch with coach Gernot Rohr and will keep working hard to impress the German tactician.
"No. I have never spoken with Gernot Rohr," he continued.
"That's why I'm a football player and have represented my country in all age grades national teams from the U17 to U23 teams.
"It is good for me to be working hard towards meeting that target."
Awoniyi has played 12 times for Mainz this season, scoring once which came in a 2-2 draw against Cologne at the Bundesliga restart.
He had a big scare last weekend when he suffered a concussion after clashing with Felix Uduokhai in the game with Augsburg at Opel Arena. Awoniyi had to be substituted in the 23rd minute with Karim Onisiwo replacing him.

The Ilorin-born player has already regained consciousness but was left out of the Mainz team that shocked Borussia Dortmund 2-0 at Signal Iduna Park on Tuesday night, Jonathan Burkardt and Franco-Congolese striker Jean-Philippe Mateta (penalty) getting the goals.
"You just have to believe, in life everything is possible. Two more fight to win," Awoniyi posted on Instagram.
Mainz are five points clear of the relegation play-off spot and will wrap up their season at home to 17th-placed Werder Bremen this Saturday and away at Bayer Leverkusen at BayArena on June 27.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR: AWONIYI Hopes.....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Taiwo should keep working hard , he has about 4-6 player that are currently ahead of him for the striker position.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Just a dream.

Anybody who the watched U23 saw it is just a dream.
Leave it at that.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

these awoniyin agents are hard workers
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Taiwo should keep working hard , he has about 4-6 player that are currently ahead of him for the striker position.
He made the Mainz team after the Covid 19 break and is set to sign for another season on loan after the club retained their Bundesliga status.
He has to work very hard next season, the ball is in his court. It's not impossible for him to make the cut and this shows how strong the SE is, that a Bundesliga level player cannot even get invited,.
I am happy