Ladan Bosso to be Rohr's First Assistant

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ladan Bosso to be Rohr's First Assistant

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: :rotf: :rotf: I've argued for and against Rohr in the past though. I'm not so invested either way, I just don't get the argument that he can't be fired, and I'm also not onboard with he must be fired ASAP. He's done an ok job, failed in one tournament, met his target in the next. My issue has just always been is he the one to take this set of players to the next level, and I really only have his prior coaching history to go by since he's blown hot and cold with SE. If we are going by that one I would say no, but he's accepted a new contract so I'm in full support of him. But he does need to start delivering (not necessarily win or you are out) or showing that the trajectory of the team is moving upward. He doesn't have the excuses folks gave for previous coaches, and we shouldn't start inventing some for him. He is in a position where he's actually primed for success, not forced to take useless local players, young players peaking at the right moment, flood of players changing nationality to bolster the team, NFF that is putting in place scouts and assistants to help him with his work and processing players switches in a timely manner, and somewhat, kinda, slightly paying him on time-ish :laugh: etc. All things which he has lucked into (I know you like to attribute it to his great work :rotf: ), he needs to start showing he's the right person to handle this current talented set of players and get them to the next level.
Maceo4, it seems we are in near-perfect sync. :thumb:

Rohr is not The Messiah, but may well be John the Baptist.
If he prepares the way and gets us to a certain height, maybe.....maybe we can by some stroke of divine intervention attract a world-class coach. Someone willing, able and confident enough to take us all the way. I'm not even talking about AFCON. I'M TALKING WORLD CUP.

In the meantime, Nigerians should stop being their usual meddlesome selves, drop the pettiness and allow the man do the job he is being heavily paid for. He aint going nowhere for now, so they might as well just accept it and back his team.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:In the meantime, Nigerians should stop being their usual meddlesome selves, drop the pettiness and allow the man do the job he is being heavily paid for. He aint going nowhere for now, so they might as well just accept it and back his team.
Rohr supporters are either hardliner or Suffer peacefully (apologies Malcolm X) .

Hardliners: e.g. Dammy, anyone who ever critic Rohr is an Agent.

Suffer peacefully: Don´t critic, just accept Rohr and back the team. Like the picture below, support the flag.

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Damunk,

Thanks for clarifying. For a moment, I had to double take and ask "This isn't Damunk that I am familiar with." You for don fall my hand, well well. :rotf:

As for Finidi. It is actually well documented. He has been applying for NT jobs in Nigeria and has said as much in interviews. I just do not understand why he has not been given an opportunity as an Assistant. He has the papers if one is to trust media reports. Now, the stuff one reads here is Bosso being appointed because he is the "moist senior" coach. Rubbish. So, seniority has become a criterion if not the CRITERIA. There are coaches in Nigeria who have consistently proven themselves, and yet.......
The Finidi case baffles everyone, though I didnt know he has publicly expressed an interest on several occasons.
Its a question Pinnick should be asked directly.
Something the whole nation would like to hear.
Prof, just found this:
Former Ajax Star Finidi Accuses Top European Leagues, Clubs of Racism
By Moses Ojewunmi -June 10, 2020

Former Nigerian international Finidi George has appealed to the media to help expose the discrimination against black coaches in the world of football.

Finidi George made this known while reacting to Dwight Yorke’s revelations on how he was overlooked by Aston Villa where he spent nine years as a player and scored 73 goals in 231 games.

The Former Ajax and Real Betis winger said black coaches don’t get opportunities to work for top teams in Europe because of racism.

He added that ex internationals are also struggling to get national team job back home of lack of trust from administrators.

“That’s the bitter truth about racism.I’ll want to appeal to you guys to push for our brothers.

“We don’t even have a chance in Europe and we’re struggling in our country because our administrators don’t know what blacks go through in the diaspora. You guys have the power to change things with such article of Dwight Yorke. I rest my case,” Finidi said in a social media forum NSM.

Finidi earned 62 caps for Nigeria and won the 1994 AFCON In Tunisia. He represented Nigeria in two FIFA World Cups, 1994 and 1998.

In the former, held in the United States, as the national team won their group and exited in the round of 16 against eventual finalists Italy, he scored against Greece in a 2–0 win.

He also has a UEFA license in coaching.
https://www.footballlive.ng/former-ajax ... of-racism/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi should not wait for the NFF. A club like MFM fc could use him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk,

Reality! A lot of guys like Finidi would be coaching somewhere at a notable club in Europe if they were white and had a similar pedigree as Finidi. This is reality.

I have always stated that the way coaches are hired in Europe is the most retrogressive process in hiring that I have ever known. It is simply ridiculous. In fact, in my view, the hiring process (although it could also be perfunctory) applied by the likes of Nigeria is far more modern and progressive. But, of course, because it is Nigeria it is easily dismissed by a wave of hand.
Damunk wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. For a moment, I had to double take and ask "This isn't Damunk that I am familiar with." You for don fall my hand, well well. :rotf:

As for Finidi. It is actually well documented. He has been applying for NT jobs in Nigeria and has said as much in interviews. I just do not understand why he has not been given an opportunity as an Assistant. He has the papers if one is to trust media reports. Now, the stuff one reads here is Bosso being appointed because he is the "moist senior" coach. Rubbish. So, seniority has become a criterion if not the CRITERIA. There are coaches in Nigeria who have consistently proven themselves, and yet.......
The Finidi case baffles everyone, though I didnt know he has publicly expressed an interest on several occasons.
Prof, just found this:

Former Nigerian international Finidi George has appealed to the media to help expose the discrimination against black coaches in the world of football.

Finidi George made this known while reacting to Dwight Yorke’s revelations on how he was overlooked by Aston Villa where he spent nine years as a player and scored 73 goals in 231 games.

The Former Ajax and Real Betis winger said black coaches don’t get opportunities to work for top teams in Europe because of racism.

He added that ex internationals are also struggling to get national team job back home of lack of trust from administrators.

“That’s the bitter truth about racism.I’ll want to appeal to you guys to push for our brothers.

“We don’t even have a chance in Europe and we’re struggling in our country because our administrators don’t know what blacks go through in the diaspora. You guys have the power to change things with such article of Dwight Yorke. I rest my case,” Finidi said in a social media forum NSM.

Finidi earned 62 caps for Nigeria and won the 1994 AFCON In Tunisia. He represented Nigeria in two FIFA World Cups, 1994 and 1998.

In the former, held in the United States, as the national team won their group and exited in the round of 16 against eventual finalists Italy, he scored against Greece in a 2–0 win.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk,

Reality! A lot of guys like Finidi would be coaching somewhere at a notable club in Europe if they were white and had a similar pedigree as Finidi. This is reality.

I have always stated that the way coaches are hired in Europe is the most retrogressive process in hiring that I have ever known. It is simply ridiculous. In fact, in my view, the hiring process (although it could also be perfunctory) applied by the likes of Nigeria is far more modern and progressive. But, of course, because it is Nigeria it is easily dismissed by a wave of hand.
Damunk wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Prof, just found this:

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics