Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5938
Location: Here
This game was loaded with drama. I didn't know Kayode Olarenwaju is now in Turkey, and played a really good game against Onyekuru's Gala today.

Game was quite intense and ended 3:3. Kayode scored an overhead scorcher that was unfairly disallowed, but his side managed to equalize with the last kick of the game, a penality.

Onyekuru played very well too.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9856
Cally wrote:
This game was loaded with drama. I didn't know Kayode Olarenwaju is now in Turkey, and played a really good game against Onyekuru's Gala today.

Game was quite intense and ended 3:3. Kayode scored an overhead scorcher that was unfairly disallowed, but his side managed to equalize with the last kick of the game, a penality.

Onyekuru played very well too.

We can't make room for all these players, yet some "fans" will be asking for home based players!

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12293
Location: seattle
Dammy wrote:
Cally wrote:
This game was loaded with drama. I didn't know Kayode Olarenwaju is now in Turkey, and played a really good game against Onyekuru's Gala today.

Game was quite intense and ended 3:3. Kayode scored an overhead scorcher that was unfairly disallowed, but his side managed to equalize with the last kick of the game, a penality.

Onyekuru played very well too.

We can't make room for all these players, yet some "fans" will be asking for home based players!


But you are not really fielding or testing the actual specimen of development level of Indigenous Nigerian Football or giving it a drill that accurately ascertains how it measures to other nations by fielding a foreign region and calling it Nigerian football. What exactly makes it Nigeria. It’s like when those Kenyans Runners represent Sweden in the Olympics; is Sweden really fooling anyone into thinking sweden actually outran anyone for the medals. How did Oppression of black people become so normalized. They no longer need to send slave ships to the African coasts. Africans now bring themselves to work in a different type of cotton fields. Our national team should have not a single non-local based player if we truly want to advance our football. Once a player gets oversea contract that’s their graduation out of the national team and it opens a slot for another up and coming local kid. Quality of local football would accelerate instead of the present stagnation we have at local level. BLM :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1954
Location: New York
jette1 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Cally wrote:
This game was loaded with drama. I didn't know Kayode Olarenwaju is now in Turkey, and played a really good game against Onyekuru's Gala today.

Game was quite intense and ended 3:3. Kayode scored an overhead scorcher that was unfairly disallowed, but his side managed to equalize with the last kick of the game, a penality.

Onyekuru played very well too.

We can't make room for all these players, yet some "fans" will be asking for home based players!


But you are not really fielding or testing the actual specimen of development level of Indigenous Nigerian Football or giving it a drill that accurately ascertains how it measures to other nations by fielding a foreign region and calling it Nigerian football. What exactly makes it Nigeria. It’s like when those Kenyans Runners represent Sweden in the Olympics; is Sweden really fooling anyone into thinking sweden actually outran anyone for the medals. How did Oppression of black people become so normalized. They no longer need to send slave ships to the African coasts. Africans now bring themselves to work in a different type of cotton fields. Our national team should have not a single non-local based player if we truly want to advance our football. Once a player gets oversea contract that’s their graduation out of the national team and it opens a slot for another up and coming local kid. Quality of local football would accelerate instead of the present stagnation we have at local level. BLM :taunt: :taunt:



O’l boy, you’re making it sound as if this is just an African thing. Look at the below facts and tell me you’re right about this slavery $#% stuff.

Image

Image


Last edited by iworo on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12293
Location: seattle
It may not be an exclusively African thing. Fact is Africa was reaped to build the wealth that started it all and still bears the blunt of the carnage. If anything the starts validates the concept of white supremacy. How come there are no English players playing in the Nigerian League. But it is just a normal thing right? I’m pretty sure you can very easily justify why. Please revisit the history books before you throw in shallow starts. When you skip intervening variables of some 800 yrs for mere 12 months old starts it shows you are inadvertently an accomplice in robbery of your own house. No wonder racism has been so normalized. We are poisoned with a version of education that disarms us Into signing off our lives and thinking we really know something - No wonder it’s called western education

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1954
Location: New York
“How come there are no English players playing in the Nigerian League?”

You’re a funny cat. Let me rephrase your question for you and you tell me if it’s not funny to you. :)

“How come there are no top American basketball players playing in England or Europe in general?”

It’s very simple my friend - Money, Fame, Big Names, Exposure, Quality & Opportunity. The wages and the skill level are generally higher in European Leagues than anywhere else. European football is watched all over the world. They have stronger competitions/leagues and better players/tactics. Many talents from Brazil or Argentina or from all around the world will only breakthrough if they play in Europe.

Keeping apart the monetary aspect, what every footballer wants is respect. Other benefits of playing in these elite competitions is the exposure that a player gets and the opportunity to learn from all those top-class players.

Everything doesn’t come down to racism bro :) . You’ve been watching too much of “Black Life Matter” on TV. You are talking as if we invented the sport and the Europeans hijacked it :) .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12293
Location: seattle
iworo wrote:
“How come there are no English players playing in the Nigerian League?”

You’re a funny cat. Let me rephrase your question for you and you tell me if it’s not funny to you. :)

“How come there are no top American basketball players playing in England or Europe in general?”

It’s very simple my friend - Money, Fame, Big Names, Exposure, Quality & Opportunity. The wages and the skill level are generally higher in European Leagues than anywhere else. European football is watched all over the world. They have stronger competitions/leagues and better players/tactics. Many talents from Brazil or Argentina or from all around the world will only breakthrough if they play in Europe.

Keeping apart the monetary aspect, what every footballer wants is respect. Other benefits of playing in these elite competitions is the exposure that a player gets and the opportunity to learn from all those top-class players.
Ere
Everything doesn’t come down to racism bro :) . You’ve been watching too much of “Black Life Matter” on TV. You are talking as if we invented the sport and the Europeans hijacked it :) .


Your reply just made me realize I’m talking to a wall; and I don’t mean any disrespect but the discuss demands more cognitively than where you are watering it towards.

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Last edited by jette1 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1954
Location: New York
Your reply is nothing more than "ad hominem" attacks, because you didn't address the substance of your argument :boo:. Insults are not facts and not evidence of intelligence :mad:. The fact that you cannot express your point of view on a subject without resulting to insult, is a sign that you've got nothing constructive to add to your argument. My advice for you, learn to argue to learn, not to win. Bye bye.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12293
Location: seattle
iworo wrote:
Your reply is nothing more than "ad hominem" attacks, because you didn't address the substance of your argument :boo:. Insults are not facts and not evidence of intelligence :mad:. The fact that you cannot express your point of view on a subject without resulting to insult, is a sign that you've got nothing constructive to add to your argument. My advice for you, learn to argue to learn, not to win. Bye bye.


Dint I just say I mean no disrespect ? The fact that you immediately defaulted to an obvious internalized projections that I insulted you again validates my characterization of your immaturity and perhaps unequipped to fully see the merit of my stance. The substantive issue of wealth and power of the global north over south that I opened with is all there and I wonder how else you needed it explained before you understand it. You after all picked the shallow reply you gave to it not me.

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, Google [Bot] and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group