Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

He is a constant starter for Leganes and can play any position in the back line as well as DM
in midfield. He reminds me of a young Sergio Ramos. Oh and like Ramos he is good in the air too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 pm 

I agree.
His best position is clearly centre back, and he’s certainly developed significantly in the past year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:20 pm 

Authentic Product of the federal Republic of Nigeria. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Baller just ballin, that’s all y’all. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:03 pm 

Did anyone watch the game. He got subbed at the end of the first half. Was it cause his team is chasing a goal or due to poor performance?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:07 pm 

olu wrote:
Did anyone watch the game. He got subbed at the end of the first half. Was it cause his team is chasing a goal or due to poor performance?

Why do you have to come and spoil the mood now? :mrgreen:

I don suffa no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all o
Na him make I join dis business

- Osuofia - I Go Chop Your Dollar

Sinequanon - AKA shanequa - The autistic crybaby troll of CE. Whaaaa! Ah ain't talkin' to you no mo' cuz you hoit ma feelens :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

He picked up a yellow in the first. Not his best but clearly versatile defender.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:40 am 

What's with Leganes and constantly changing their backline? One game, Omeruo is in, another, he is out. One game, he partners with Awaziem...another, Awaziem is playing right full back

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:18 pm 

I don't get that either. In one of the games, the commentator mentioned Omeruo has been their most consistent CD all season and that he was suprised to see him on the bench.

deanotito wrote:
What's with Leganes and constantly changing their backline? One game, Omeruo is in, another, he is out. One game, he partners with Awaziem...another, Awaziem is playing right full back

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:18 pm 

YUJAM wrote:
He is a constant starter for Leganes and can play any position in the back line as well as DM
in midfield. He reminds me of a young Sergio Ramos. Oh and like Ramos he is good in the air too.

Hopefully he doesn't go down with Leganes and find another club in La Liga? because Leganes are surely going down!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:46 pm 

Undertaker wrote:
YUJAM wrote:

Hopefully he doesn't go down with Leganes and find another club in La Liga? because Leganes are surely going down!

Besitkas is reportedly interest in Awaziem. Turkey might be a backwards move but besitkas is a good team.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:03 pm 

Make una no jinx the boy...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:02 pm 

Leganes are going down this season, so what happens. With Awaziem, he can get a loan to another club but what will happen with Omeruo? With Ajayi to be promoted to the English Premier league, Awaziem playing maybe in in France and Ekong in Italy, Omeruo will have a hard job breaking into the Eagles if he is playing in the Spanish second division.

It is not as if Omeruo is an up and coming youngster who will improve with time. Ekong, Omeruo and Ajayi were all born in 1993, so it is now or never. Meanwhile, Ekong was also substituted in the 66th minute over the weekend. Does anyone know why?

Neither Awaziem, Omeruo or Ekong played 90 minutes this weekend. Ajayi did but he was at fault for the goal WBA gave away at Brentford, with the ball sliding underneath his feet. Not a good weekend for our centrebacks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 pm 

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Leganes are going down this season, so what happens. With Awaziem, he can get a loan to another club but what will happen with Omeruo? With Ajayi to be promoted to the English Premier league, Awaziem playing maybe in in France and Ekong in Italy, Omeruo will have a hard job breaking into the Eagles if he is playing in the Spanish second division.

It is not as if Omeruo is an up and coming youngster who will improve with time. Ekong, Omeruo and Ajayi were all born in 1993, so it is now or never. Meanwhile, Ekong was also substituted in the 66th minute over the weekend. Does anyone know why?

Neither Awaziem, Omeruo or Ekong played 90 minutes this weekend. Ajayi did but he was at fault for the goal WBA gave away at Brentford, with the ball sliding underneath his feet. Not a good weekend for our centrebacks!
Spot on.
But it says a lot about how far we have come that we are concerned about the level of performance of someone like Omeruo who once upon a time would have been a shoo-in.
Same with Balogun.
Not too long ago we had dodgy wrestballers like Danny Shittu manning our defence! :shock:

Our CD dept needs to be on a higher plane in line with our fullbacks, midfield and strike force.
That means Omeruo is under serious threat and as far as I am concerned Balogun is out.

Awaziem and Ekong are my first-liners and I am slowly beginning to warm to Ajayi .
I really hope a player like Ozonwafor comes good and Adarabioyo is indeed switching alliance.

I am not sure about those German-Nigerians and as it is dem yanga too plenti.

Bottom line, the SE benchmark is getting higher. :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:11 pm 

Awaziem and Ekong are both right-sided CDs. There-in lies the issue.

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Spot on.
But it says a lot about how far we have come that we are concerned about the level of performance of someone like Omeruo who once upon a time would have been a shoo-in.
Same with Balogun.
Not too long ago we had dodgy wrestballers like Danny Shittu manning our defence! :shock:

Our CD dept needs to be on a higher plane in line with our fullbacks, midfield and strike force.
That means Omeruo is under serious threat and as far as I am concerned Balogun is out.

Awaziem and Ekong are my first-liners and I am slowly beginning to warm to Ajayi .
I really hope a player like Ozonwafor comes good and Adarabioyo is indeed switching alliance.

I am not sure about those German-Nigerians and as it is dem yanga too plenti.

Bottom line, the SE benchmark is getting higher. :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 pm 

YUJAM wrote:

YUJAM,

As I stated a couple of years ago, this guy has the highest ceiling of any of our current centrebacks. You could see this even when he was sitting behind Ekong and Balogun. In my view, he has the skillset, quick reaction, control in the air, passing range and ability, among other notables. When you look at Ekong and Balogun and Omeruo each of them lack in one or more of those things. Nevertheless, Awaziem still has to cut out some mind bogging errors to become as good a centre back as Nigeria had always had until Yobo arrived ( :rotf: ).

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 am 

Nigeria in 2021 may finally have the best young & mid age center backs in the world after the Olympics and with the addition of a few more.

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:59 am 

nzeogwu,

Several guys listed below are average at best.

nzeogwu wrote:
Nigeria in 2021 may finally have the best young & mid age center backs in the world after the Olympics and with the addition of a few more.

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 am 

Enugu II wrote:
nzeogwu,

Several guys listed below are average at best.

nzeogwu wrote:

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Just list a bunch of average players and then claim best in the world, having no clue what other teams in the world boast of...na real wa sometimes...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:37 am 

nzeogwu wrote:

Uduokhai
Akpoguma
Torunarigha
Ajayi
Ekong
Awaziem
Omeruo

Odd man out:

Balogun

You missed out on Adarabioyo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 am 

I am more interested in quality than quantity. When I look at Virgil Van Dijk, I ask why Nigeria cannot produce centrebacks of that quality.

None of the current crop is of the same quality as Chukwu, Keshi, Taribo or Yobo. Awaziem and Ekong offer a ray of hope, with Adarabioyo being our wild card.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:45 pm 

Omeruo starts today's match for Leganes against Sevilla. Awaziem is on the bench.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:41 pm 

Awaziem comes on after 7 minutes for Omeruo.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:33 am 

Dammy wrote:
Awaziem comes on after 7 minutes for Omeruo.

Told you guys not to jinx him, bobo had a pretty poor game at fault for a couple of goals at least the 3rd one with his poor aerial ability, his clearing header under no pressure ended up being an assist for Sevilla kai...he's good on the ground, good with the ball at his feet, good passer, but his defending and heading get as e be at times...