Cyril Dessers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Cyril Dessers

Post by gochino »

I have been reading that he is moving to Genk in Belgium. Why on earth would he want to do that? Considering the Dutch league is much stronger than the Belgian league and he had interest from top serial A clubs! :???:
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/rumours ... ks93ml3a54

Genk reach agreement to sign Dessers
Belgian First Division A club Genk have reached an agreement with Heracles to sign Cyriel Dessers for €4 million, according to reports in the Netherlands.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cyril Dessers

Post by Dammy »

gochino wrote:I have been reading that he is moving to Genk in Belgium. Why on earth would he want to do that? Considering the Dutch league is much stronger than the Belgian league and he had interest from top serial A clubs! :???:

Belgian First Division A club Genk have reached an agreement with Heracles to sign Cyriel Dessers for €4 million, according to reports in the Netherlands.
It baffles me as well, he had offers from Italy and Spain in January and I don't understand why he's in a rush to sign for Genk. I hope Rohr has a word with him. His competition in the SE would come from the likes of Simy ( who's likely to return to Serie A with Crotone) and Sadiq, who's on the verge of joining Monaco. If those guys hit the ground running then his place in the SE is far from assured.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

...Maybe he moved for Money. Insert the name (Musa, Etebo et al), the conclusion would have been they moved for money or it was their agents.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

The Jupiter league pays peanuts, maybe he wants to be close to his home.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He seems to be a humble guy that isn’t money orientated remember he choose Nigeria over Belgium and yes you can say Belgium has good strikers but he has proven his ability in the Dutch League even against Ajax.And let’s not forget we have a player that sits on the bench in Saudi Arabia.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I was thinking the same thing earlier today as well... he strikes me as a laid back guy that just wants to enjoy his football
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The Belgian league is stronger by quite a margin
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:
gochino wrote:I have been reading that he is moving to Genk in Belgium. Why on earth would he want to do that? Considering the Dutch league is much stronger than the Belgian league and he had interest from top serial A clubs! :???:

It baffles me as well, he had offers from Italy and Spain in January and I don't understand why he's in a rush to sign for Genk. I hope Rohr has a word with him. His competition in the SE would come from the likes of Simy ( who's likely to return to Serie A with Crotone) and Sadiq, who's on the verge of joining Monaco. If those guys hit the ground running then his place in the SE is far from assured.
Dammy,

Selection is also based on the fact that you are playing regularly OR it should BE BASED on that fact.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote:

Well it’s better than going to Saudi Arabia and arguably more sensible than choosing China at least career wise, he’ll still play in the Europa Cup or Champions League.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Dammy,

Selection is also based on the fact that you are playing regularly OR it should BE BASED on that fact.
OK Sir, I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Not a fan of this move at all.

The guy should at least be in the French league.

With Sadiq Umar on the come up, his spot is certainly up for grabs.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Dammy wrote:

Rumours of offers !!!!
If I were to believe all the rumours, Ndidi would have been in Barca, Iwobi in Milan & Omeruo in Bayern Munich
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Genk is 0ne of the best teams for young players to develop in Europe, they have a very impressive list of former player they developed and sold for big bucks including our own Ndidi. A year at Genk banging goals will double his value easily.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Genk is 0ne of the best teams for young players to develop in Europe, they have a very impressive list of former player they developed and sold for big bucks including our own Ndidi. A year at Genk banging goals will double his value easily.
He is 25 going on 26! If he is still making transfer decisions based on where he can develop, then there is a problem. I think he probably wants to be closer to his family, which is ok.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Genk is 0ne of the best teams for young players to develop in Europe, they have a very impressive list of former player they developed and sold for big bucks including our own Ndidi. A year at Genk banging goals will double his value easily.
Only that Dessers can no longer be considered a 'young' player. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

the only need this league to develop worldclass goalkeepers for eagles
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Underwhelming move. The Dutch league is stronger than the Belgian league, however, maybe he will earn more at Genk.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

its a bit of a puzzle as to which is stronger between dutch and belgian leagues.

Traditionally the dutch league has been stronger and was rated higher, but I believe most recently UEFA ranked the Belgian league above the Dutch.

Anybody who watches these leagues regularly have any input ?

Regardless I see this as a dissapointing move for Dessers, who should have taken his success to project him to higher levels.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:its a bit of a puzzle as to which is stronger between dutch and belgian leagues.

Traditionally the dutch league has been stronger and was rated higher, but I believe most recently UEFA ranked the Belgian league above the Dutch.

Anybody who watches these leagues regularly have any input ?

Regardless I see this as a dissapointing move for Dessers, who should have taken his success to project him to higher levels.
The Belgian league is marginally stronger... the quality of football in both leagues are more or less the same. Either way this is a sideways move for him.