Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:28 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49127
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Abi, he's played a grand total of what 30something minutes for SE subbing in for Uzoho in the Brazil friendly, so what about Ezenwa and Akpeyi that have kept way more matches, they couldn't get a Rotterdam deal with their considerably more international exposure?


There's no doubt being invited to the National team enhances a player's profile.

Folks like comparing apples and udara. It ends at them being fruits.

Maduka had no business being invited to the National Team. His invitation helped raise his profile and with proper representation, was able to cash in.

For those wondering how and why it didn't help other players? They should look at the Vince's own journey.


But if you remember Vince did get trails at Bolton and the like it just didn’t work out probably due to his Vampirism at the time, which furthers the argument that it’s more so about talent, once he worked out a lot of the kinks in his game he ended up having a very respectable career at Lille.

No one is saying he had any business making the NT at the time he did, but there’s no substantive proof that it had so much to do with the Nigerian NT, and there are a lot of udaras to show otherwise. He’s not just gonna get a deal at a top European club simply because he’s played 30 something minutes for a below average NT struggling for players in his position. It’s more than likely gonna be because of hours and hours of film of the guy coming through the ranks in the German lower leagues. Same reason he made progress in his club moving through the ranks as he was following a process which ended up with him making the jump from the B team to being a backup on the A team. It’s constant progress and improvement in a structured environment with lots of film to back it up. You guys are being way too simplistic in your argument it’s not even funny.
You are making perfect sense.
For most, this argument is a 'political' one, primarily dictated by feelings towards Rohr with Maduka as the whipping boy.
He was obviously in the lower divisions as part of a planned grooming process, having been identified by his club as a talent long before Rohr ever invited him. With all due respect to both Akpeyi and Ezenwa, if Fortuna Dusseldorf had them as their only other GK options, would Maduka have been sent to the "fourth division" for game time? As you say, when the opportunity came, he quickly jumped into the A team's backup GK position. Was it his 30 mins SE cameo that influenced that too? :rotf:

It is perfectly within a coach's remit to identify exceptional young talent and set them on a fast track. That is why he is the coach and why you pay him. It is his given prerogative. If it turns out to be a wrong decision, he takes responsibility for it. Simple.

People forget that Maduka was invited twice by Imama to the U23 team months before he got Rohr's SE invite. Unfortunately postponements and club commitments prevented his U23 debut.

As I said, the debate is less about the expediency of the decision and more about misplaced sentiment. That Maduka is being used as the fulcrum of such an unrelenting attack on Rohr is unfortunate. Hopefully it doesn't reflect the wider opinion amongst millions of SE fans.
This place can often make you believe that our opinion here is a mirror Nigerian society.
Not really. It's just a small part of a whole.


Rohr should tell us what other players in the lower rungs of football need to do to get a Maduka treatment.

I know some of you don't like processes.

Just bend down, pick some leaves or cowries, throw it up in the air and go with your gut.

Other aspiring Intenationals want to know how they can get a Maduka treatment.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49127
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Dammy wrote:
Don't mind them, it's the same crew that celebrated when South Africa beat the SE in Uyo and when Ebuehi initially turned down Rohr's invitation. No matter, how they sugarcoat it, we know their target is Rohr and they will always latch on to the lowest hanging fruitm


A very disingenous statement.

Some of yous were perfectly okay losing to South Africa for the first time on home soil while being coached by an oyibo coach who is perfectly happy reducing your expectations of your Super Eagles to match the ambitions of Niger Republic and the likes of Benin.

It is not okay! Not yesterday, nor today or even tomorrow.

He has to understand that we are not minnows.

But when natives contrive to make excuses for an oyibo man that they will not in a million years make for one of their own, you tend to realize that they have a deeper complex issue than the matter at hand.

We will NOT allow you people to suddenly accept the very low standards and expectations that Rohr and his co-travelers want to foist on Naijaria and Naijrians.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39682
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Abi, he's played a grand total of what 30something minutes for SE subbing in for Uzoho in the Brazil friendly, so what about Ezenwa and Akpeyi that have kept way more matches, they couldn't get a Rotterdam deal with their considerably more international exposure?


There's no doubt being invited to the National team enhances a player's profile.

Folks like comparing apples and udara. It ends at them being fruits.

Maduka had no business being invited to the National Team. His invitation helped raise his profile and with proper representation, was able to cash in.

For those wondering how and why it didn't help other players? They should look at the Vince's own journey.


But if you remember Vince did get trails at Bolton and the like it just didn’t work out probably due to his Vampirism at the time, which furthers the argument that it’s more so about talent, once he worked out a lot of the kinks in his game he ended up having a very respectable career at Lille. Madukas time in the lower divisions of Germany are equivalent to the time Vince had to spend in Israel building his resume and film in order to make the step up.

No one is saying he had any business making the NT at the time he did, but there’s no substantive proof that his current move had so much to do with the Nigerian NT, and there are a lot of udaras to show otherwise. He’s not just gonna get a deal at a top European club simply because he’s played 30 something minutes for a below average NT struggling for players in his position. It’s more than likely gonna be because of hours and hours of film of the guy coming through the ranks in the German lower leagues. Same reason he made progress in his club moving through the ranks as he was following a process which ended up with him making the jump from the B team to being a backup on the A team. It’s constant progress and improvement in a structured environment with lots of film to back it up. You guys are being way too simplistic in your argument it’s not even funny. Being German and coming through their structured program has way way way more to do with his progress than anything else.


You again comparing two plants that the only similarity is that they are both fruits.

Vincent was the goalie of a 2 time African Champion. A multi Naijarian league winner. He went to Israel not to hone his craft but for economic reasons.

It is very difficult to justify the call up of Maduka.

Sorry.

The reason why the Maduka situation sticks out is because not only were we inviting a local goalie who wasn't in top form for his team or in the league we had to go into the low rungs of the foreign cadre to invite a goalie for the SENIOR MEN'S National Team.

I will love to know the criteria for the exemption or for that matter exception made for Maduka so others can aim for the same.


It’s actually not that hard to justify given the dearth of goal keepers available to the NT, the circumstances surrounding the games he was invited for with the Nigerian League being inactive, the likes of Femi Thomas showing they weren’t up to the task in the Ath Madrid friendly, Akpereyi bring his consistently below par self, Alampasu not being able to make the cut etc...He was invited just to be part of the team and only got to see PT because of injury to Uzoho.

It’s way more understandable than the Viv Solomon from Bulgaria or the fact that Ejuke has been ignored so far. We have a GK crisis at the moment so he benefited from it.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49127
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Abi, he's played a grand total of what 30something minutes for SE subbing in for Uzoho in the Brazil friendly, so what about Ezenwa and Akpeyi that have kept way more matches, they couldn't get a Rotterdam deal with their considerably more international exposure?


There's no doubt being invited to the National team enhances a player's profile.

Folks like comparing apples and udara. It ends at them being fruits.

Maduka had no business being invited to the National Team. His invitation helped raise his profile and with proper representation, was able to cash in.

For those wondering how and why it didn't help other players? They should look at the Vince's own journey.


But if you remember Vince did get trails at Bolton and the like it just didn’t work out probably due to his Vampirism at the time, which furthers the argument that it’s more so about talent, once he worked out a lot of the kinks in his game he ended up having a very respectable career at Lille. Madukas time in the lower divisions of Germany are equivalent to the time Vince had to spend in Israel building his resume and film in order to make the step up.

No one is saying he had any business making the NT at the time he did, but there’s no substantive proof that his current move had so much to do with the Nigerian NT, and there are a lot of udaras to show otherwise. He’s not just gonna get a deal at a top European club simply because he’s played 30 something minutes for a below average NT struggling for players in his position. It’s more than likely gonna be because of hours and hours of film of the guy coming through the ranks in the German lower leagues. Same reason he made progress in his club moving through the ranks as he was following a process which ended up with him making the jump from the B team to being a backup on the A team. It’s constant progress and improvement in a structured environment with lots of film to back it up. You guys are being way too simplistic in your argument it’s not even funny. Being German and coming through their structured program has way way way more to do with his progress than anything else.


You again comparing two plants that the only similarity is that they are both fruits.

Vincent was the goalie of a 2 time African Champion. A multi Naijarian league winner. He went to Israel not to hone his craft but for economic reasons.

It is very difficult to justify the call up of Maduka.

Sorry.

The reason why the Maduka situation sticks out is because not only were we inviting a local goalie who wasn't in top form for his team or in the league we had to go into the low rungs of the foreign cadre to invite a goalie for the SENIOR MEN'S National Team.

I will love to know the criteria for the exemption or for that matter exception made for Maduka so others can aim for the same.


It’s actually not that hard to justify given the dearth of goal keepers available to the NT, the circumstances surrounding the games he was invited for with the Nigerian League being inactive, the likes of Femi Thomas showing they weren’t up to the task in the Ath Madrid friendly, Akpereyi bring his consistently below par self, Alampasu not being able to make the cut etc...He was invited just to be part of the team and only got to see PT because of injury to Uzoho.

It’s way more understandable than the Viv Solomon from Bulgaria or the fact that Ejuke has been ignored so far. We have a GK crisis at the moment so he benefited from it.


Confirmation bias... working back from the answer.

There is NO reasonable and rational explantion. Because this cocamine explanation is like the dog ate my homework excuse.

The unfortunate thing is that it is looking like we are attacking the boy but we are not. We are just asking for some type of process when inviting players... so that others can aim to match the same criteria to earn such a Maduka treatment.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39682
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Abi, he's played a grand total of what 30something minutes for SE subbing in for Uzoho in the Brazil friendly, so what about Ezenwa and Akpeyi that have kept way more matches, they couldn't get a Rotterdam deal with their considerably more international exposure?


There's no doubt being invited to the National team enhances a player's profile.

Folks like comparing apples and udara. It ends at them being fruits.

Maduka had no business being invited to the National Team. His invitation helped raise his profile and with proper representation, was able to cash in.

For those wondering how and why it didn't help other players? They should look at the Vince's own journey.


But if you remember Vince did get trails at Bolton and the like it just didn’t work out probably due to his Vampirism at the time, which furthers the argument that it’s more so about talent, once he worked out a lot of the kinks in his game he ended up having a very respectable career at Lille. Madukas time in the lower divisions of Germany are equivalent to the time Vince had to spend in Israel building his resume and film in order to make the step up.

No one is saying he had any business making the NT at the time he did, but there’s no substantive proof that his current move had so much to do with the Nigerian NT, and there are a lot of udaras to show otherwise. He’s not just gonna get a deal at a top European club simply because he’s played 30 something minutes for a below average NT struggling for players in his position. It’s more than likely gonna be because of hours and hours of film of the guy coming through the ranks in the German lower leagues. Same reason he made progress in his club moving through the ranks as he was following a process which ended up with him making the jump from the B team to being a backup on the A team. It’s constant progress and improvement in a structured environment with lots of film to back it up. You guys are being way too simplistic in your argument it’s not even funny. Being German and coming through their structured program has way way way more to do with his progress than anything else.


You again comparing two plants that the only similarity is that they are both fruits.

Vincent was the goalie of a 2 time African Champion. A multi Naijarian league winner. He went to Israel not to hone his craft but for economic reasons.

It is very difficult to justify the call up of Maduka.

Sorry.

The reason why the Maduka situation sticks out is because not only were we inviting a local goalie who wasn't in top form for his team or in the league we had to go into the low rungs of the foreign cadre to invite a goalie for the SENIOR MEN'S National Team.

I will love to know the criteria for the exemption or for that matter exception made for Maduka so others can aim for the same.


It’s actually not that hard to justify given the dearth of goal keepers available to the NT, the circumstances surrounding the games he was invited for with the Nigerian League being inactive, the likes of Femi Thomas showing they weren’t up to the task in the Ath Madrid friendly, Akpereyi bring his consistently below par self, Alampasu not being able to make the cut etc...He was invited just to be part of the team and only got to see PT because of injury to Uzoho.

It’s way more understandable than the Viv Solomon from Bulgaria or the fact that Ejuke has been ignored so far. We have a GK crisis at the moment so he benefited from it.


Confirmation bias... working back from the answer.

There is NO reasonable and rational explantion. Because this cocamine explanation is like the dog ate my homework excuse.

The unfortunate thing is that it is looking like we are attacking the boy but we are not. We are just asking for some type of process when inviting players... so that others can aim to match the same criteria to earn such a Maduka treatment.


Nah bro, your argument is super weak, others including Uzoho and Alampasu have benefited from the same treatment way before Maduka was called and it was for the same reason our lack of options at that position. Madukas talent/situation/connections etc has simply taken him further in his career at this point. Instead of telling us of all the many options that deserved a call ahead of Maduka you just keep going on about it being unfair rather than showing/proving who he got a call ahead of. I just told you the Viv Solomon whatever shouldn’t have gotten a call before Ejuke, can you simply do the same rather than not furthering your argument but just saying everyone else’s is invalid...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:16 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49127
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Confirmation bias... working back from the answer.

There is NO reasonable and rational explantion. Because this cocamine explanation is like the dog ate my homework excuse.

The unfortunate thing is that it is looking like we are attacking the boy but we are not. We are just asking for some type of process when inviting players... so that others can aim to match the same criteria to earn such a Maduka treatment.


Nah bro, your argument is super weak, others including Uzoho and Alampasu have benefited from the same treatment way before Maduka was called and it was for the same reason our lack of options at that position. Madukas talent/situation/connections etc has simply taken him further in his career at this point. Instead of telling us of all the many options that deserved a call ahead of Maduka you just keep going on about it being unfair rather than showing/proving who he got a call ahead of. I just told you the Viv Solomon whatever shouldn’t have gotten a call before Ejuke, can you simply do the same rather than not furthering your argument but just saying everyone else’s is invalid...


Again, not even similar. Both Uzoho and Alams came through the youth ranks. Have had international football experience albeit in the youth ranks.

You ask about options when we have had threads here discussing goalies including those who were in top form in the league. Goalies who were even adjudged to be better than Ezenwa not to talk about a kid in some 4th division somewhere.

Others did not get the Maduka treatment. Somehow some of you all are okay with it?

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8052
I really struggle to understand the point(s) you both are trying to make here.

Enyeama came out of nowhere from playing for Ibom Stars in 2001 to being on the 2002 WC team. Why? Onigbinde saw the POTENTIAL in him and opted to give him a chance (and he was right!)
In spite of his clean sheet performance against England at that WC, the 'career enhancement' he got was a contract with Bnei Yahuda.
So, did Enyeama MERIT his invite at the time? Many would argue absolutely not, as there were many more deserving GKs in Nigeria at the time.

Fast forward 2019...
Maduka Okoye came out of the Fortuna Dusseldorf youth system (playing in the Regionalliga) and got an invite to train with the SE. Why? Rohr saw POTENTIAL in this 20yr old kid. He ended up making the bench for Fortuna's Bundesliga squad on a couple of occasions and eventually landed a contract at Sparta Rotterdam. Perhaps his invite might have helped build his confidence some. However, the same argument ought to be made about the long list of other NPFL invitees too.

Thanks to TV, most of us have had a chance to see the performances of the so-called good NPFL keepers invited to SE camp or on the national stage at one point in time or the other - Femi Thomas, Femi Kayode, Dele Ajiboye, Leke Ojo, Theophilus Afelokhai and others. They ALL seriously underwhelmed! It was painfully obvious they simply were'nt good enough! Worse still, they were not good enough to displace the likes of Akpeyi or Ezenwa, who most have complained are not up to scratch!
So, what other options should the coach have explored PRIOR to inviting Okoye for trails? Will appreciate a response.
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
There's no doubt being invited to the National team enhances a player's profile.

Folks like comparing apples and udara. It ends at them being fruits.

Maduka had no business being invited to the National Team. His invitation helped raise his profile and with proper representation, was able to cash in.

...For those wondering how and why it didn't help other players? They should look at the Vince's own journey.



Cell,

This is the point that many do not understand. For instance, some will assume that the coaches were the greatest if Maduka turns out to be a good goalkeeper for Nigeria. They forget that the very fact that Maduka had an opportunity to train with Nigeria's best players (not everyone will have same opportunity) and his use of that opportunity to get a great club elevated him to that point (many will not have that). The issue is not that he cannot be good or cannot eventually make the best team. Rather the issue is that he did not merited the opportunity in the first place ahead of several others.


There's absolutely NO justification for the invitation to the SENIOR MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49127
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Otitokoro wrote:
I really struggle to understand the point(s) you both are trying to make here.

Enyeama came out of nowhere from playing for Ibom Stars in 2001 to being on the 2002 WC team. Why? Onigbinde saw the POTENTIAL in him and opted to give him a chance (and he was right!)
In spite of his clean sheet performance against England at that WC, the 'career enhancement' he got was a contract with Bnei Yahuda.
So, did Enyeama MERIT his invite at the time? Many would argue absolutely not, as there were many more deserving GKs in Nigeria at the time.

Fast forward 2019...
Maduka Okoye came out of the Fortuna Dusseldorf youth system (playing in the Regionalliga) and got an invite to train with the SE. Why? Rohr saw POTENTIAL in this 20yr old kid. He ended up making the bench for Fortuna's Bundesliga squad on a couple of occasions and eventually landed a contract at Sparta Rotterdam. Perhaps his invite might have helped build his confidence some. However, the same argument ought to be made about the long list of other NPFL invitees too.

Thanks to TV, most of us have had a chance to see the performances of the so-called good NPFL keepers invited to SE camp or on the national stage at one point in time or the other - Femi Thomas, Femi Kayode, Dele Ajiboye, Leke Ojo, Theophilus Afelokhai and others. They ALL seriously underwhelmed! It was painfully obvious they simply were'nt good enough! Worse still, they were not good enough to displace the likes of Akpeyi or Ezenwa, who most have complained are not up to scratch!
So, what other options should the coach have explored PRIOR to inviting Okoye for trails? Will appreciate a response.
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
There's no doubt being invited to the National team enhances a player's profile.

Folks like comparing apples and udara. It ends at them being fruits.

Maduka had no business being invited to the National Team. His invitation helped raise his profile and with proper representation, was able to cash in.

...For those wondering how and why it didn't help other players? They should look at the Vince's own journey.



Cell,

This is the point that many do not understand. For instance, some will assume that the coaches were the greatest if Maduka turns out to be a good goalkeeper for Nigeria. They forget that the very fact that Maduka had an opportunity to train with Nigeria's best players (not everyone will have same opportunity) and his use of that opportunity to get a great club elevated him to that point (many will not have that). The issue is not that he cannot be good or cannot eventually make the best team. Rather the issue is that he did not merited the opportunity in the first place ahead of several others.


There's absolutely NO justification for the invitation to the SENIOR MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM.


Oga, it was on the strength of his exploits with Enyinmba that Baba Onigbinde called up Enyeama.

As for saying that we saw the other goalies and they were "painfully obvious they simply were'nt good enough", I TOTALLY disagree. I don't believe it was ability that started them from being considered.

I don't quite understand how you all are trying to convince us that a 4th division goalie deserved a call up over those that were manning the sticks for the two teams in the NPFL. Again, his choice were due to other considerations but it wasn't based on immediate ability.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39682
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Confirmation bias... working back from the answer.

There is NO reasonable and rational explantion. Because this cocamine explanation is like the dog ate my homework excuse.

The unfortunate thing is that it is looking like we are attacking the boy but we are not. We are just asking for some type of process when inviting players... so that others can aim to match the same criteria to earn such a Maduka treatment.


Nah bro, your argument is super weak, others including Uzoho and Alampasu have benefited from the same treatment way before Maduka was called and it was for the same reason our lack of options at that position. Madukas talent/situation/connections etc has simply taken him further in his career at this point. Instead of telling us of all the many options that deserved a call ahead of Maduka you just keep going on about it being unfair rather than showing/proving who he got a call ahead of. I just told you the Viv Solomon whatever shouldn’t have gotten a call before Ejuke, can you simply do the same rather than not furthering your argument but just saying everyone else’s is invalid...


Again, not even similar. Both Uzoho and Alams came through the youth ranks. Have had international football experience albeit in the youth ranks.

You ask about options when we have had threads here discussing goalies including those who were in top form in the league. Goalies who were even adjudged to be better than Ezenwa not to talk about a kid in some 4th division somewhere.

Others did not get the Maduka treatment. Somehow some of you all are okay with it?


And they all sucked, did you see the much touted Femi Thomas vs Athletic Madrid? So because the likes of Alampasu and Uzoho were youth internationals they deserve to get a chance even though their careers hadn’t taken off but Maduka doesn’t? So if he had first turned out for the U-23 like he was suppose to (barring scheduling conflicts passport issues etc) then you would be ok with his SE invite? I still fail to see the point, Okoye is not a good example to further your point, simple as that. Use the Viv Solomon’s and others abeg...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:09 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 49127
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Confirmation bias... working back from the answer.

There is NO reasonable and rational explantion. Because this cocamine explanation is like the dog ate my homework excuse.

The unfortunate thing is that it is looking like we are attacking the boy but we are not. We are just asking for some type of process when inviting players... so that others can aim to match the same criteria to earn such a Maduka treatment.


Nah bro, your argument is super weak, others including Uzoho and Alampasu have benefited from the same treatment way before Maduka was called and it was for the same reason our lack of options at that position. Madukas talent/situation/connections etc has simply taken him further in his career at this point. Instead of telling us of all the many options that deserved a call ahead of Maduka you just keep going on about it being unfair rather than showing/proving who he got a call ahead of. I just told you the Viv Solomon whatever shouldn’t have gotten a call before Ejuke, can you simply do the same rather than not furthering your argument but just saying everyone else’s is invalid...


Again, not even similar. Both Uzoho and Alams came through the youth ranks. Have had international football experience albeit in the youth ranks.

You ask about options when we have had threads here discussing goalies including those who were in top form in the league. Goalies who were even adjudged to be better than Ezenwa not to talk about a kid in some 4th division somewhere.

Others did not get the Maduka treatment. Somehow some of you all are okay with it?


And they all sucked, did you see the much touted Femi Thomas vs Athletic Madrid? So because the likes of Alampasu and Uzoho were youth internationals they deserve to get a chance even though their careers hadn’t taken off but Maduka doesn’t? So if he had first turned out for the U-23 like he was suppose to (barring scheduling conflicts passport issues etc) then you would be ok with his SE invite? I still fail to see the point, Okoye is not a good example to further your point, simple as that. Use the Viv Solomon’s and others abeg...


Really they sucked? Did they suck as bad as Akpeyi that Rohr kept faith with? You guaged Femi against Athletico Madrid? You are not serious... his body of work wasn't enough. So what did he do in that game that made you decide he wasn't the short term answer?

And if I need to explain to you why players who the NFF have devoted resources to develop deserve the chance moreso than a 4th division player then I believe you have been wasting your time on CE.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10328
Location: loughborough.
It´s curious that Fortuna Dusseldorf would allow such a promising talent to leave the club on a free transfer. Atlético de Madrid released Raul and Raul went on to great things in Real Madrid.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8052
it happens...
Look no further than our very own Victor Osimhen, who was pretty much shoved out of VFL Wolfsburg - only for his talents to explode elsewhere.
A similar scenario might indeed happen to Okoye.
fabio wrote:
It´s curious that Fortuna Dusseldorf would allow such a promising talent to leave the club on a free transfer. Atlético de Madrid released Raul and Raul went on to great things in Real Madrid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42585
Location: UK
Cellular wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Don't mind them, it's the same crew that celebrated when South Africa beat the SE in Uyo and when Ebuehi initially turned down Rohr's invitation. No matter, how they sugarcoat it, we know their target is Rohr and they will always latch on to the lowest hanging fruitm


A very disingenous statement.

Some of yous were perfectly okay losing to South Africa for the first time on home soil while being coached by an oyibo coach who is perfectly happy reducing your expectations of your Super Eagles to match the ambitions of Niger Republic and the likes of Benin.

It is not okay! Not yesterday, nor today or even tomorrow.

He has to understand that we are not minnows.

But when natives contrive to make excuses for an oyibo man that they will not in a million years make for one of their own, you tend to realize that they have a deeper complex issue than the matter at hand.

We will NOT allow you people to suddenly accept the very low standards and expectations that Rohr and his co-travelers want to foist on Naijaria and Naijrians.
Chief, you are playing the race card here and it is absolutely NOT necessary and not even true.
Its a disingenuous, dishonest argument used to denigrate those who support Rohr, not because of his race but because of what he is achieving and how he is trying to achieve it.

I could equally play the reverse race card to favour my argument, especially when the pivot of the debate is around Rohr and his 'German boy" Maduka AND the fact that you seem to have absolutely no problem with invitations extended to similar youth 'keepers Alampasu and Uzoho - our very own 'Nigerian' boys. But race is IRRELEVANT and so you guys should stop giving it mileage.

This discussion shouldn't be about cheap point-scoring.
Its the 'WOWO' smear in disguise which just doesn't apply to any of us in a serious discussion such as this.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39682
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Confirmation bias... working back from the answer.

There is NO reasonable and rational explantion. Because this cocamine explanation is like the dog ate my homework excuse.

The unfortunate thing is that it is looking like we are attacking the boy but we are not. We are just asking for some type of process when inviting players... so that others can aim to match the same criteria to earn such a Maduka treatment.


Nah bro, your argument is super weak, others including Uzoho and Alampasu have benefited from the same treatment way before Maduka was called and it was for the same reason our lack of options at that position. Madukas talent/situation/connections etc has simply taken him further in his career at this point. Instead of telling us of all the many options that deserved a call ahead of Maduka you just keep going on about it being unfair rather than showing/proving who he got a call ahead of. I just told you the Viv Solomon whatever shouldn’t have gotten a call before Ejuke, can you simply do the same rather than not furthering your argument but just saying everyone else’s is invalid...


Again, not even similar. Both Uzoho and Alams came through the youth ranks. Have had international football experience albeit in the youth ranks.

You ask about options when we have had threads here discussing goalies including those who were in top form in the league. Goalies who were even adjudged to be better than Ezenwa not to talk about a kid in some 4th division somewhere.

Others did not get the Maduka treatment. Somehow some of you all are okay with it?


And they all sucked, did you see the much touted Femi Thomas vs Athletic Madrid? So because the likes of Alampasu and Uzoho were youth internationals they deserve to get a chance even though their careers hadn’t taken off but Maduka doesn’t? So if he had first turned out for the U-23 like he was suppose to (barring scheduling conflicts passport issues etc) then you would be ok with his SE invite? I still fail to see the point, Okoye is not a good example to further your point, simple as that. Use the Viv Solomon’s and others abeg...


Really they sucked? Did they suck as bad as Akpeyi that Rohr kept faith with? You guaged Femi against Athletico Madrid? You are not serious... his body of work wasn't enough. So what did he do in that game that made you decide he wasn't the short term answer?

And if I need to explain to you why players who the NFF have devoted resources to develop deserve the chance moreso than a 4th division player then I believe you have been wasting your time on CE.


So why didn’t they deserve a chance over 2nd and 3rd division Uzoho and Alampasu? And didn’t you see homebased Ezenwa playing way more games than Maduka who was invited a handful of times and got to play in an emergency simply because of injury. Why are you so focused on Maduka? Rohr has clearly given home based GKs way more of a chance than he gave Maduka...You really have no point here, Rohrs starter was a home based keeper for multiple import WCQ, he gives Maduka a chance much like he gave Alampasu and Uzoho who also didn’t ‘deserve’ it but theirs is fine with you for some odd reason and you start citing youth footie as if that’s a prerequisite to an SE invite. Just sounds like you are just dancing around trying to make your argument make sense when it clearly doesn’t wrt Maduka...but continue sha

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39682
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Otitokoro wrote:
it happens...
Look no further than our very own Victor Osimhen, who was pretty much shoved out of VFL Wolfsburg - only for his talents to explode elsewhere.
A similar scenario might indeed happen to Okoye.
fabio wrote:
It´s curious that Fortuna Dusseldorf would allow such a promising talent to leave the club on a free transfer. Atlético de Madrid released Raul and Raul went on to great things in Real Madrid.


Also, did they let him go or did he strategically leave by not extending his contract in order to leave on a free and be attractive to other teams who could promise him more of a chance to be a starter than Fortuna could? Who cares at the end of the day he’s in a better situation now for his growth and development by taking a chance on his own talent. Hopefully he does well locks down a starting spot so he can improve our GK woes...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3323
Cellular,

You be my boss and I tend to agree with majority of your points... but this your argument here is seriously flawed bro. Sometimes it's not a bad look on yourself or your ego to accept you are out of line with facts and logic, instead of dribbling yourself into cul-de-sacs in the name of proving a point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39545
BUT If Maduka was invited by a LOCAL (Amodu, Keshi etc) COACH the narrative will surely be different!

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:20 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10328
Location: loughborough.
wanaj0 wrote:
BUT If Maduka was invited by a LOCAL (Amodu, Keshi etc) COACH the narrative will surely be different!

Rohr is good at identifying talent especially those in 4th division :D

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10005
I don't even understand what the issue is! Genuine fans of the SE are just happy that Maduka's club career is settled and he can focus on challenging Uzoho for the No 1 shirt.
We, the genuine fans, are happy that the weakest department in the SE is being strengthened.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10328
Location: loughborough.
Dammy wrote:
I don't even understand what the issue is! Genuine fans of the SE are just happy that Maduka's club career is settled and he can focus on challenging Uzoho for the No 1 shirt.
We, the genuine fans, are happy that the weakest department in the SE is being strengthened.

Genuine fans :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We didn´t know Maduka club career was unsettled, before signing for Sparta Rotterdam, Thanks for informing us.

Are there any 4th division player Rohr has talent spotted or Adelakun software has picked up :D

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42585
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I don't even understand what the issue is! Genuine fans of the SE are just happy that Maduka's club career is settled and he can focus on challenging Uzoho for the No 1 shirt.
We, the genuine fans, are happy that the weakest department in the SE is being strengthened.

Genuine fans :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We didn´t know Maduka club career was unsettled, before signing for Sparta Rotterdam, Thanks for informing us.
Are there any 4th division player Rohr has talent spotted or Adelakun software has picked up :D
You're welcome. :D

But wait! One would have expected someone of your intellect to figure out that a 20yr old GK yoyo-ing between a "4th division" B-team stint and the A team's 1st deputy was being prepared for something.

Rather, you somehow chose to convince yourself that he was operating at his appropriate 'level'.

Chief, that's an F9.
"Can do better" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 10328
Location: loughborough.
Damunk wrote:
You're welcome. :D

But wait! One would have expected someone of your intellect to figure out that a 20yr old GK yoyo-ing between a "4th division" B-team stint and the A team's 1st deputy was being prepared for something.

Rather, you somehow chose to convince yourself that he was operating at his appropriate 'level'.

Chief, that's an F9.
"Can do better" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Let´s apply common sense to your logic.

If the club was preparing him for something according to your hypothesis, why was he allowed to leave on a free transfer. Surely, if the club was preparing him, the club would have cashed in.

Egbon, use your No 6

Image

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39682
Location: Land of the Terrapins
fabio wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
BUT If Maduka was invited by a LOCAL (Amodu, Keshi etc) COACH the narrative will surely be different!

Rohr is good at identifying talent especially those in 4th division :D


Maybe if he was ignoring genuine proper GK prospects (plz don't mention the Femi Thomas' and co) to invite Maduka then we have a point here, but this is just how poor we have been become in this position once Carl Ikeme (a 2nd division GK) our only viable option went down. Initially I was skeptical of a 4th division goalie as well, but when you consider the options you can see why he took a look at the chap. Now the chap is progressing and can only bode well for us...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jette1, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 53 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group