Tottenham vs Ndidi/Nacho (3:0)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham 3:0 Leicester

Post by jette1 »

charlie wrote:
jette1 wrote:Move this thread
Why? There are 2 Nigerians playing today, or you dont know the rules?
So that’s the New criteria
We see When England plays
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Ndidi really needs to add creativity to his game, he should watch Pogba and learn how to be creative from a deep midfield position.
Last edited by gochino on Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Either the thread is moved or the title updated
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

jette1 wrote:
charlie wrote:
Its not the new criteria, it has always been the criteria.

This isnt the first game thread involving Nigerian players on the eagles nest.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

charlie wrote:
jette1 wrote:
charlie wrote:
Its not the new criteria, it has always been the criteria.

This isnt the first game thread involving Nigerian players on the eagles nest.
Let me help you properly articulate how it ought to be. The focus obviously is on the SE players, everybody knows that. The thread heading therefore should reference the players and not exclusively the Club side. Had the heading been Nacho vs spurs or Ndidi against spurs there would be no issues.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

gochino wrote:Ndidi really needs to add creativity to his game, he should watch Pogba and learn how to be creative from a deep midfield position.
That is not the role he is given in the team. He plays as the lone defensive midfielder 90 percent of the time. They aren't really similar players at all.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Pogba is a defensive Midfielder.They play exactly the same position but interprete it differently.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

gochino wrote:Pogba is a defensive Midfielder.They play exactly the same position but interprete it differently.
He's not - though I have been arguing for years that that is the position he would have been best at. Pogba is NOT a defensive midfielder. He wants to be a Number 10, and though Man U afforded him that opportunity prior to Fernandes' arrival, Fernandes has pushed Pogba to a central midfielder. Man U's defensive midfielder is Matic. And Ndidi is better than Matic
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham 1: 0 Leicester

Post by deanotito »

charlie wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Bye bye champions league❗️

Cheers.
They are not champions league material. They have subpar midfield Ndidi included. Subpar defenders and subpar goalie. The attack has been sustaining them but even that is hit or miss.
Leicester are a very predictable team. Rogers lacks creativity.
Especially with Madison out who is a creative spark in that midfield, Leicester is a very static team.

Ndidi is a great ball winner, but he has to do more to develop the offensive part of his game. He has good passing yes, but he doesnt do much offensively other than move the ball from side to side. He is also a relatively poor shooter. He needs to start expanding his game.
Ndidi cannot do it all. Leicester's offensive ranks have been decimated by injuries...and I don't think their lack of creativity is due to Rogers...its more due to injuries. And the solution to lack of creativity is not for Ndidi to start mimicking Zidane.

Ndidi is a DM. He does that excellently. Best in Europe for my money and by the stats, last I checked. Let him continue doing that. At this stage of his career, he cannot become Pirlo...and if he tries, he would likely fail spectacularly.

Yes, I didn't like Ndidi being the receiver of a heavy defeat like that, but lets put things in perspective a bit.

But yes, I would agree that Leicester should stay away from the champions league. It pays $$ but the exertion it could put on their team can send them into relegation
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote:Pogba is a defensive Midfielder.They play exactly the same position but interprete it differently.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sureeee
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

One thing i have noticed about a large number of Nigerians is that they are stupidly arrogant and ignorant! When I was a kid, my boss had something he always said "you are a rebel without a cause."

The moderators made a fantastic rule, and we all agreed that this is a solely super eagles forum. And if a super eagle is playing a game, the thread should solely reflect the super eagle's name. E.g -- Ndidi & Kelechi v. Tottenham and the thread should be strictly used to discuss the Super Eagle(s) ALONE! If you want to discuss the game or the goals scored by non-super eagle(s), then do so in the World Forum.

The rule is very clear and even a 12 year old who is an invalid understands the rule. Its also not a hard rule to follow.

However, Nigerians, as usual are imbecilically arrogant and will flout a rule just because. There is simply no reason to flout the rule, but they will do it, just because they feel like it. One has to wonder the mental illness that befell that country for us to have human beings like this. And these are the same people who will complain about the government or the poor judicial system. God forbid bad thing!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sureeee
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:One thing i have noticed about a large number of Nigerians is that they are stupidly arrogant and ignorant! When I was a kid, my boss had something he always said "you are a rebel without a cause."

The moderators made a fantastic rule, and we all agreed that this is a solely super eagles forum. And if a super eagle is playing a game, the thread should solely reflect the super eagle's name. E.g -- Ndidi & Kelechi v. Tottenham and the thread should be strictly used to discuss the Super Eagle(s) ALONE! If you want to discuss the game or the goals scored by non-super eagle(s), then do so in the World Forum.

The rule is very clear and even a 12 year old who is an invalid understands the rule. Its also not a hard rule to follow.

However, Nigerians, as usual are imbecilically arrogant and will flout a rule just because. There is simply no reason to flout the rule, but they will do it, just because they feel like it. One has to wonder the mental illness that befell that country for us to have human beings like this. And these are the same people who will complain about the government or the poor judicial system. God forbid bad thing!
the worst part this thread has been like this for 2 days and the mods refuse to update the title or move it
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
He's not - though I have been arguing for years that that is the position he would have been best at. Pogba is NOT a defensive midfielder. He wants to be a Number 10, and though Man U afforded him that opportunity prior to Fernandes' arrival, Fernandes has pushed Pogba to a central midfielder. Man U's defensive midfielder is Matic. And Ndidi is better than Matic
Even at Juve, he played as a LM (NOT LW, by the way).
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
I don't argue too much when there are facts. He was used by Mourinho in DM position even at the world cup he played in a DM position, it's just that he has the ability to be offensive and each time he overlapped, Kante covered up for him:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/en.as.com/ ... 1.amp.html
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
I don't argue too much when there are facts. He was used by Mourinho in DM position even at the world cup he played in a DM position, it's just that he has the ability to be offensive and each time he overlapped, Kante covered up for him:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So as Mourinho "used him as a DM," what did Mourinho use Matic and McTominay for?

And in France, I take it that Kante, who is a DM, was "covering up for Pogba the DM?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Oh! I how about Matuildi, for whom was he covering? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, lets have this conversation on the World Forum, if you'd like to. We can discuss it in the united thread or when this rubbish thread is moved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:One thing i have noticed about a large number of Nigerians is that they are stupidly arrogant and ignorant! When I was a kid, my boss had something he always said "you are a rebel without a cause."

the worst part this thread has been like this for 2 days and the mods refuse to update the title or move it
The like of Ohenhen were made moderators. What do you expect?

By the way, notice how they made mostly Arsenal fans moderators?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

gochino wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:

You are mixing up deep lying midfielder with defensive midfielder. Its like calling Pirlo a defensive midfielder.

For your edification: https://en.as.com/en/2019/04/12/footbal ... 0to%20date.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Pogba is talented enough to fit into any Midfield position no argument about that...
Pirlo is always described as a defensive midfielder https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andrea- ... ieler/5817

In a 433 formation for example we have one attacking Midfielder and two central midfielders. One of these midfielders has more defensive responsibilities but this doesn't mean he should do nothing but defend, that's my point concerning Ndidi
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Fela called it "Power Show" or ----------- (fill in the gap)

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

gochino wrote:Pogba is talented enough to fit into any Midfield position no argument about that...
Pirlo is always described as a defensive midfielder https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andrea- ... ieler/5817

In a 433 formation for example we have one attacking Midfielder and two central midfielders. One of these midfielders has more defensive responsibilities but this doesn't mean he should do nothing but defend, that's my point concerning Ndidi
In my opinion, Pogba isn’t talented enough to fit any position. I think he’d be best as DM...but he doesn’t want to be one.

Look Bro, transfermarkt uses a computer program to name positions based on where they spend time on the field - and they often get it wrong. Pirlo is a deep lying midfielder. He is by no means a DM.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Somebody really called Pogba a DM on this thread.

Na wa o.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Ugbowo wrote:Somebody really called Pogba a DM on this thread.

Na wa o.
Dude go learn your football, defensive Midfield is just a position on the field and in that position you can have different duties like deep play making or you can interprete it more defensively, it also depends on lots of other factors like how the team is set up and the instructions the coach gives the player. Many teams even merge the deep play making role with "defensive Midfield " . Do your research please.