Nwakali Starting Today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwakali Starting Today

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The battle for the starting CM between Etebo/Ejaria!Aribo/Nwakali over the next 2yrs will be Epic. This will likely to be the most competitive mf we've ever had, the saying "fighting for shirts" is literally going to happen. Practice will be WAR. Imho, Ndidi is no longer a shoe in, we can play with 3 CM who can actually boss the mf with ball control and passing. Chei....my Eagles are reborn.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's just one start he still has a lot to prove
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I'm just glad he has got his career back on track.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am not convinced Nwakali is as creative a midfielder as Ebere. For me, the best midfield trio Nigeria can come up with for now is Ndidi/Aribo/Ebere.

That may change but that appears to be our best option at the moment. Azeez/Etebo/Nwakali will be a great back-up. I want to see this Gothenburg player properly before passing judgement on him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:I'm just glad he has got his career back on track.
Amen to that! He has really gone through a lot since Arsenal signed him, hopefully he gets his confidence and swagger back plus more. He has the skill set to be a major
Player in football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ebere is the more creative of the two.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am not convinced Nwakali is as creative a midfielder as Ebere. For me, the best midfield trio Nigeria can come up with for now is Ndidi/Aribo/Ebere.

That may change but that appears to be our best option at the moment. Azeez/Etebo/Nwakali will be a great back-up. I want to see this Gothenburg player properly before passing judgement on him.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:Ebere is the more creative of the two.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am not convinced Nwakali is as creative a midfielder as Ebere. For me, the best midfield trio Nigeria can come up with for now is Ndidi/Aribo/Ebere.

Playmakers
Ebere Eze
Kelechi Nwakali
Alex Iwobi
Ovie Ejaria

Box-to-Box midfielders
Joe Aribo
Alhassan Yusuf
Ogene Etebo

Anchormen
Wilfred Ndidi
Ramon Azeez
Anderson Esiti
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Playmakers
Ebere Eze
Kelechi Nwakali
Alex Iwobi( Not sure about him any more). Instead I prefer Ovie Ejaria

Box-to-Box midfielders
Joe Aribo
Alhassan Yusuf
Ogene Etebo

Anchormen
Wilfred Ndidi
Ramon Azeez
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nwakili is better defensively than Guendouzi.
What exactly is th3 point of this comment/comparison?? Geez, you guys should it a rest and let him start playing week in/week out in a proper league
I was wondering the same. :lol: Why compare him to a guy who played, at least, tons of minutes with a top club at the top division in a top league. I do not understand the point at all. Let Nwakali first get his game together, jor.
I believe ohenhen1’s comment stems from Nwakali not being able to get a game at Arsenal due to work permit issues. Without those issues, it’s quite possible no one would ever have heard of Guendouzi... but you are right that now he has the opportunity, he should focus on making the most of it. Personally, I think based on what I saw of him against Atletico Madrid, he does have a lot of potential❗️

Cheers.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

highbury wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Playmakers
Ebere Eze
Kelechi Nwakali
Alex Iwobi( Not sure about him any more). Instead I prefer Ovie Ejaria

Box-to-Box midfielders
Joe Aribo
Alhassan Yusuf
Ogene Etebo

Anchormen
Wilfred Ndidi
Ramon Azeez
No matter how one looks at it, getting Ebere is now a must. We simply need his creativity if we are to become a top side!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

I keep scratching my head, wondering why the U20 handlers didn’t do everything they could to get Nwakali in the U20 squad. That would have exposed him to the kind of competition he needed to straighten out his game and fitness issues... not to mention a possibly positive International exposure❗️

Cheers.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I keep scratching my head, wondering why the U20 handlers didn’t do everything they could to get Nwakali in the U20 squad. That would have exposed him to the kind of competition he needed to straighten out his game and fitness issues... not to mention a possibly positive International exposure❗️

Cheers.
Because they didn't make the World Cup.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

kalani JR wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I keep scratching my head, wondering why the U20 handlers didn’t do everything they could to get Nwakali in the U20 squad. That would have exposed him to the kind of competition he needed to straighten out his game and fitness issues... not to mention a possibly positive International exposure❗️

Cheers.
What are you talking about? Nigeria was part of the 2019 U20 World Cup. Qualification for the 2021 tournament has not yet been determined, to the best of my knowledge❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Who is Ebere? Is that a Nigerian player? I thought the discussion is about people who can play for Nigeria. Who is the Ebere currently eligible?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II wrote:

Who is Ebere? Is that a Nigerian player? I thought the discussion is about people who can play for Nigeria. Who is the Ebere currently eligible?
We need him ooooooo! Rohr and Pinnick must move heaven and earth to get the boy!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Cheers.
What are you talking about? Nigeria was part of the 2019 U20 World Cup. Qualification for the 2021 tournament has not yet been determined, to the best of my knowledge❗️

Cheers.
He was already 20 years old before the start of the year and therefore ineligible.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Is he Nigerian or has he pledged his allegiance to the SE?
If not, he is a Brit and should really not be discussed here.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Otitokoro wrote:Is he Nigerian or has he pledged his allegiance to the SE?
We should start a campaign to get him to sign up. We need to put the pressure on him.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:Actually Huesca has already gained promotion to La Liga so the coach may be resting some of the starters.
Why would the coach need to rest players in the final game of the season?
When Huesca was in contention for the league title, which it ended up winning by ONE POINT!

Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote:
olu wrote:Actually Huesca has already gained promotion to La Liga so the coach may be resting some of the starters.
Why would the coach need to rest players in the final game of the season?
When Huesca was in contention for the league title, which it ended up by ONE POINT!

:rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
We should start a campaign to get him to sign up. We need to put the pressure on him.
Ebere Eze (seated below) has been in the SE camp and trained with the team...
Thus there’s no need for “campaign” nor “pressure” for he already knows what’s what.

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ebere Eze (seated below) has been in the SE camp and trained with the team...
Thus there’s no need for “campaign” nor “pressure” for he already knows what’s what.

He is caught in two minds at the moment. We need to give him a bit of a nudge!