Nigeria accelerate plans to snatch Saka

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria accelerate plans to snatch Saka

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:Apart from the on pages of Cybereagles nobody has even heard of Osayi- Samuel
Only on the pages of cyber Eagles has Osayi-Samuel received rave reviews.
Only on the pages of cyber Eagles has Osayi-Samuel turned down a big money transfer
The season is over let’s see the EPL team interested in Osayi-Samuel.
I bet at the start of next season he will still be at QPR
The same applies to Eze he will still be with QPR next season
How many times have we heard a EPL wanted Eze ....today it’s Tottenham tomorrow it’s Liverpool and Chelsea all the rumors coming from Cybereages.

I know we want to support our British /Nigerian players but lets be honest no EPL team is interested in both Eze or Samuel.
England will not call- up Eze for the full national team .....:...who is he going to replace? He couldn’t even help QPR get into a play off place.
If Saka was an average player he would not be a regular for Arsenal at 18.
Saka is left footed ,takes set-plays and very creative.
Was played out of position as a fullback and still managed to catch the eye.
The rave reviews are not coming from me they are coming from the football media.
If he were average English-media would not be agitating for his inclusion in the England squad.
Why aren’t the same English-media agitating for Eze or Samuel ?
Guy, you are completely WRONG on Eze.
Make e no go do you like film trick, but barring any catastrophic error, Eze is a guaranteed EPL player next season.
Its not even a matter of 'if', but more a case of where. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Dammy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Apart from the on pages of Cybereagles nobody has even heard of Osayi- Samuel
Only on the pages of cyber Eagles has Osayi-Samuel turned down a big money transfer
How many times have we heard a EPL wanted Eze ....today it’s Tottenham tomorrow it’s Liverpool and Chelsea all the rumors coming from Cybereages.
I know we want to support our British /Nigerian players but lets be honest no EPL team is interested in both Eze or Samuel.
England will not call- up Eze for the full national team .....:...who is he going to replace? He couldn’t even help QPR get into a play off place.
The rave reviews are not coming from me they are coming from the football media.
If he were average English-media would not be agitating for his inclusion in the England squad.
Please go on Google and do some research.
My Google search revealed QPR finished in in 13th position with 58 points.

I know It is hard to accept but nobody playing for QPR will be called up to play for England...... and don't be surprised when both Eze and Samuel lace up their boots for QPR next season even with Cyberagles trying to its best to force a transfer...... The only move on the cards would be to another championship side. Eze drifts in and out of games and his form is not consistent enough to generate EPL interest.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

You must be a hermit who lives in total isolation from the rest of humanity. No point even responding to you.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:

Guy, you are completely WRONG on Eze.
Make e no go do you like film trick, but barring any catastrophic error, Eze is a guaranteed EPL player next season.
Its not even a matter of 'if', but more a case of where. :idea:

let's wait until it happens ........ He was rumoured to move last season didn't happen, then it was Jan window nothing happened. Cybereagle claimed because he spoke to the manager of West Brom at end of the game the conversation was about a transfer :rotf:

Are big money moves still happening in light of Covid 19?
Last edited by Flex Swift on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Meanwhile Ekong is keeping Ronaldo @bay score 1-1 with 82mins gone.

Udi just went 2-1 up in 91 min Ekong has had a great game.
Last edited by Flex Swift on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

They are both highly rated in England, especially Eze. The commentators were raving about Eze during the 2-2 draw against West Brom. I'm not suggesting that we cap them automatically or let them walk into the team but they are decent prospects.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

aruako1 wrote:
They are both highly rated in England, especially Eze. The commentators were raving about Eze during the 2-2 draw against West Brom. I'm not suggesting that we cap them automatically or let them walk into the team but they are decent prospects.
like I said let's wait for them to transfer to this EPL club
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Flex Swift wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
like I said let's wait for them to transfer to this EPL club
Osayi-Samuel might stay on at QPR (they are likely to be ome if the favourites for promotion next season) but Ebere Eze is likely to move.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:like I said let's wait for them to transfer to this EPL club
How do you plan to pay once he moves to an EPL side?
Abi na ordinary mouth you dey take yarn?
Like the late Solowe nobly demonstrated when he put his neck on the line regarding Olise's managerial career in Europe (and honoured it when he was proven wrong), you have to show your conviction.

So which humble pie you go chop? :taunt:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Flex Swift wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Please go on Google and do some research.
My Google search revealed QPR finished in in 13th position with 58 points.

I know It is hard to accept but nobody playing for QPR will be called up to play for England...... and don't be surprised when both Eze and Samuel lace up their boots for QPR next season even with Cyberagles trying to its best to force a transfer...... The only move on the cards would be to another championship side. Eze drifts in and out of games and his form is not consistent enough to generate EPL interest.
We will revisit this thread in due course.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

West Ham are lining up Queens Park Rangers' English midfielder Eberechi Eze, 22, as one of their top transfer targets this summer with Crystal Palace also interested in the £20m-rated player. (Evening Standard)
I am happy
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Tobi17 wrote:
Dammy wrote:As good as Saka is, will he make the SE first XI?
Definitely, he will absolutely bench any player in that starting XI
Including the goalie? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:Interesting comments to the article already.
Fans will be fans and their comments mirror the kind of things we say here.
stevieh, Lincoln, United Kingdom

Simple really. Southgate needs to pick him for the Nations League game against Iceland in September. If he refuses then send him on the first plane back to Nigeria. Never set foot in England again
Londoner in Melb, Melbourne, Australia,

Choose Nigeria they'll be more appreciative and use and spit you out!
Thene, Manchester, United Kingdom

Whatever he self identifies as. I've got Irish and Italain heritage but as I'm born in England, that's who is play for (if I had any football talent whatsover, I don't). Leave him to it.
Logspeed, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

No wonder he looked spaced out. He has a lot in his mind.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Send him first plane to Nigeria????? Bunch of racist idiots, TO be honest I wont encourage anyone to play for this racists. Ask Archer in Cricket or Sterling or even Dele Alli. If you lose form you get racially abused.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I asked his dad the same question a couple weeks ago, from what i understood, England would be his preferred choice but this was before he signed the new arsenal deal, its business, not personal, perhaps he might change his mind!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

marko wrote:I asked his dad the same question a couple weeks ago, from what i understood, England would be his preferred choice but this was before he signed the new arsenal deal, its business, not personal, perhaps he might change his mind!
Marko,

As I have pointed out several times, signing for England when a choice actually exists makes far more sense. They have grown up as English boys and possibly well over 80% of their friends are English boys as well. It is where they are likely to be more comfortable. They are individuals. They are not out there to live their parent's lives or to feel as attached to Nigeria as their parents. In my view, Saka has opportunity to play for England and I won't be surprised if that is his choice. I can only wish him well. If Nigeria gets him, I will be elated because he will be NO DOUBRT THE FIRST WHO HAS POSSIBILTY OF PLAYING FOR ENGLAND who then makes the decision to play for Nigeria. That will be be a major coup, if you ask me.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... l-be-tough

Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka admits it will be challenging to choose between England or Nigeria, should his impressive Premier League form be rewarded with international selection.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

All the English folks putting pressure on him should ask what has become of Tammy and Fikayo.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

truetalk wrote:https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... l-be-tough

Arsenal winger Bukayo Saka admits it will be challenging to choose between England or Nigeria, should his impressive Premier League form be rewarded with international selection.
Sure enough that is what he should state. The challenge is when an actual England invitation arrives.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'll really be pissed off if England cap tie this kid and turn him into another Agbonlahor... I see Tomori and Tammy going that route soon. Saka is too talented to just be cap-tied for the sake of it and relegated to the third tier... which might as well be the case if he chooses England, especially with the overloads of emerging talents they now have (I'm talking about pure English breeds and not second generation children of immigrant parents).
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:I'll really be pissed off if England cap tie this kid and turn him into another Agbonlahor... I see Tomori and Tammy going that route soon. Saka is too talented to just be cap-tied for the sake of it and relegated to the third tier... which might as well be the case if he chooses England, especially with the overloads of emerging talents they now have (I'm talking about pure English breeds and not second generation children of immigrant parents).
Yea...but it’s talent they produced, you wan reap where you no sow :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I'll really be pissed off if England cap tie this kid and turn him into another Agbonlahor... I see Tomori and Tammy going that route soon. Saka is too talented to just be cap-tied for the sake of it and relegated to the third tier... which might as well be the case if he chooses England, especially with the overloads of emerging talents they now have (I'm talking about pure English breeds and not second generation children of immigrant parents).
Boss my point is if Saka chooses England then fine... he's a supremely talented kid and I see him having a great career for them. But then it's England we are talking about here... when Saka hits a rough patch their fans and media will be on him in no time... even a rather overhyped Grealish can get away with a lot of blames despite been crap most times cause he's English of the "pure breed" (if you know what I mean).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
marko wrote:I asked his dad the same question a couple weeks ago, from what i understood, England would be his preferred choice but this was before he signed the new arsenal deal, its business, not personal, perhaps he might change his mind!
Marko,

As I have pointed out several times, signing for England when a choice actually exists makes far more sense. They have grown up as English boys and possibly well over 80% of their friends are English boys as well. It is where they are likely to be more comfortable. They are individuals. They are not out there to live their parent's lives or to feel as attached to Nigeria as their parents. In my view, Saka has opportunity to play for England and I won't be surprised if that is his choice. I can only wish him well. If Nigeria gets him, I will be elated because he will be NO DOUBRT THE FIRST WHO HAS POSSIBILTY OF PLAYING FOR ENGLAND who then makes the decision to play for Nigeria. That will be be a major coup, if you ask me.
Prof, you have not been taking on board the insight those of us that live here in the UK have laboriously been trying to provide on these issues for many months....even years.
The dynamic here is very different from the USA.
I can't stress it enough.
There is no such thing as "English boys" for many black kids here.
THEY ARE PROUD TO IDENTIFY AS AFRICAN (AND NIGERIAN) MORE SO THAN "ENGLISH".

So its simply a career decision, nothing to do with "Englishness".
IT HAS NEVER BEEN 'COOL' FOR YOUNG BLACK BOYS TO PUBLICLY OR PRIVATELY IDENTIFY AS "ENGLISH", NOT EVEN WHEN I WAS A KID ALL THOSE DECADES AGO.

You do it as a matter of expediency, usually work-related if you are in the public eye, and every black man here understands it. Its like an unwritten code of conduct. It has deep socio-psychological roots, all to do with identity. Nobody wants to be a 'coconut' - the ultimate insult for a black man here.

Maybe because you are in the USA where it is very different you might find it difficult to understand.
But this is not as black and white as you tend to see it.

Even Tammy that chose England won't be happy to be described as an "English boy" by his peers. Tomori maybe less so, because he was brought up in the USA, so might not be as clued in, but I doubt it.

Saka will be under enormous pressure, the likes of which none of us experienced as an 18yr old.
At that age, the worst pressure we probably experienced was to pass our exams to get into University - and that was strictly family.
The whole world wasn't watching and "putting mouth" :?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Just like the British have made millions out of the Benin Bronzes since 1893 and have refused to give them back?
Just sayin'... :D