Transfer Rumours

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Lille submit improved offer for Sadiq Umar

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/08/ ... s-signing/
If Sadiq goes to Lille and balls, it would be very interesting for the SE.

1 striker spot is already taken by osimhen. The other 2 spots would be between

Simy Nwankwo - Serie A
Iheanacho - EPL

Sadiq Umar - Lique 1
Josh Maja - Lique 1

Onauchu - Genk
Desserts - Genk

Assuming they all.ball this season, Rohr would have a massive headache. You might say the Serie A and EPL guys would get it but you underestimate the Genk duo. They would form a formidable strike force that could topple Belgian goal charts. Which national team coach would not be interested in a ready-made strike force.

Then Awoniyi in Bundesliga, okereke in Brugge, and Isaac success that might just go back to the Laliga and bounce back.
We’ve already seen some of these strikers and know their limitations, we need to see what Dessers and Sadiq have to offer.
Doubt Lille will be in for Sadiq now that they spent 30mill on a Canadian from Gent. His numbers are better than Sadiq and in a better league.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:Ejuke to CSKA Moscow for 12 million euros.
Huh? So all that talk about not chasing the money and putting the boys career ahead of money why they took him to Dutch league rather than Turkey was just bs Kai would be a very disappointing move...
His club wanted 12 million and the only team willing to pay that was amazing. I haven’t looked at the stats yet but my gut feeling is that his successful dribbling %, shots on goal, and key passes increased over the course of the season.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Huh? So all that talk about not chasing the money and putting the boys career ahead of money why they took him to Dutch league rather than Turkey was just bs Kai would be a very disappointing move...
His club wanted 12 million and the only team willing to pay that was amazing. I haven’t looked at the stats yet but my gut feeling is that his successful dribbling %, shots on goal, and key passes increased over the course of the season.
The smaller clubs have been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic so they're demanding top dollar for their key assets to offset their financial losses.
Rennes offered €8 million but it was turned down and CSKA met what his club wanted so the player has no choice but to make the move.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.comple ... oscow/amp/

Haaaaaaa.. na true o! Na Russia the boy dey go. This is very disappointing. :atc:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The smaller clubs have been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic so they're demanding top dollar for their key assets to offset their financial losses.
Rennes offered €8 million but it was turned down and CSKA met what his club wanted so the player has no choice but to make the move.

This is false. the "small clubs" are not "demanding top dollar" because of Coronavirus loses. Like I mentioned several months ago here, the clubs are demanding what their players are worth, in spite of coronavirus. Simple!

Secondly, your comment that "the player has no choice," is staggeringly false! If Ejuke does not want to go to CSKA, he can reject the transfer. His club cant sell him to CSKA without his permission.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

This is false. the "small clubs" are not "demanding top dollar" because of Coronavirus loses. Like I mentioned several months ago here, the clubs are demanding what their players are worth, in spite of coronavirus. Simple!

Secondly, your comment that "the player has no choice," is staggeringly false! If Ejuke does not want to go to CSKA, he can reject the transfer. His club cant sell him to CSKA without his permission.
KPOM...just like they said they rejected the move to Turkey who offered more money than Herenveen....

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/why-ejuke-r ... -millions/

what happened to:
Heerenveen because he hopes to use the Dutch club as a springboard to play in one of the top-5 leagues in the world.
I thought our talented players were done being this dumb, just follow Osimhen's foot steps and the money will come, unless he doesn't believe in his own talent...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I'm not sure the CSKA Moscow move is that bad.
The Russian Premiership is rated higher than the Belgian, Turkish and Dutch leagues and CSKA Moscow is one of the most successful Russian sides.

So Ejuke might not be taking an identical path to Osimhen's but it is no worse. CSKA Moscow is rated higher than Charleroi and Lille in UEFA club rankings.
The boy is good and will soon be outta there to a higher level.
Let's cut him some slack.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/08/ ... guimaraes/

Mikel Agu joins Nantes.

Very good move if true. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:I'm not sure the CSKA Moscow move is that bad.
The Russian Premiership is rated higher than the Belgian, Turkish and Dutch leagues and CSKA Moscow is one of the most successful Russian sides.

So Ejuke might not be taking an identical path to Osimhen's but it is no worse. CSKA Moscow is rated higher than Charleroi and Lille in UEFA club rankings.
Hmmm, ok, he said he wanted to move from Dutch league to a top 5 league in a season or two and so Russia definitely isn't that, to me its a sideways move, which he avoided last time with going to the biggest team in Turkey which would have provide CL etc so by your logic would have also been a good move, but he rebuffed that move last time, so what exactly changed now is my question...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/08/ ... guimaraes/

Mikel Agu joins Nantes.

Very good move if true. :thumbs:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

maceo4 wrote:

Hmmm, ok, he said he wanted to move from Dutch league to a top 5 league in a season or two and so Russia definitely isn't that, to me its a sideways move, which he avoided last time with going to the biggest team in Turkey which would have provide CL etc so by your logic would have also been a good move, but he rebuffed that move last time, so what exactly changed now is my question...

According to UEFA, Russian league is the 7th best in Europe, while the dutch is 10th.

CSKA moscow would be in the Europa and Herenveen wouldnt.

CSKA been a big club has a major chance of playing in the champions league next season, Herenveen doesnt.

1 great season at CSKA and Europa could land him in any top club in Europe.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

According to UEFA, Russian league is the 7th best in Europe, while the dutch is 10th.

CSKA been a big club has a major chance of playing in the champions league next season, Herenveen doesnt.

Guess its a matter of opinion and nobody knows the future, but his rep in that interview did say he was trying to go from Herenveen to a top 5 league (not 7) in a year or 2. This to me seems like settling and maybe a cash grab rather than giving it another year for the potential of a better move that suited their initial aim. The Russian league might be ranked higher, but I hear of more transfer movement from the Dutch league to the top 5 leagues (which is his aim) than from Russia, but I could just not be in the know...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ogenyi Onazi to Crotone to be completed tomorrow according to tuttomercatoweb.
Welcome back to Serie A Onazi.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:Ogenyi Onazi to Crotone to be completed tomorrow according to tuttomercatoweb.
Wow!! This is great news. :thumbs: So happy for for El Capitan. He's back. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Kai..The fight for SE shirts will be faya for the next few yrs. just as I was about to open a thread declaring Mikel Agu as deputy to Ndidi, Onazi gets a contract in Serie A. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:Guess its a matter of opinion and nobody knows the future, but his rep in that interview did say he was trying to go from Herenveen to a top 5 league (not 7) in a year or 2. This to me seems like settling and maybe a cash grab rather than giving it another year for the potential of a better move that suited their initial aim. The Russian league might be ranked higher, but I hear of more transfer movement from the Dutch league to the top 5 leagues (which is his aim) than from Russia, but I could just not be in the know...
My thoughts exactly!
But best wishes to him, one never knows how these things might turn out.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

One of EII's 'pals' from the CHAN team a couple of seasons ago...
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/afeez-aremu ... -st-pauli/
Afeez Aremu completes switch to German club St.Pauli
Score Nigeria Reporter by Score Nigeria Reporter August 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Midfielder Afeez Aremu has completed a transfer to Bundesliga 2 club St.Pauli from IK Start of Norway.

Aremu, 21, has signed a three-year contract, which runs till June 2023, after his deal with IK Start was due to run out at the end of this year.

“It’s a big club and an important step in my development,” he said after he signed the dotted lines.

“I can’t wait to get to know my teammates.”

Both St.Pauli and IK Start agreed not to disclose the financial aspects of the transfer.

IK Start scouted the defensive midfielder at the 2017 WAFU Nations Cup in Ghana, where the home-based Eagles reached the championship game, and he featured for them in the Norwegian top flight before they were relegated.

He will then help them to return to the top league this past season.

Aremu has been capped by Nigeria at U20 and CHAN Eagles levels.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

chief nfachairman wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Dammy wrote:Ogenyi Onazi to Crotone to be completed tomorrow according to tuttomercatoweb.
Wow!! This is great news. :thumbs: So happy for for El Capitan. He's back. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Kai..The fight for SE shirts will be faya for the next few yrs. just as I was about to open a thread declaring Mikel Agu as deputy to Ndidi, Onazi gets a contract in Serie A. :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: wish him the best, seems he’s finally recovered from that Achilles injury.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Onazi's problem is health. His talent is not in question. I hope he can get back to his pre-injury fitness and form.

Truth be told though, Onazi at his best will have his work cut out for him to wrestle a spot from Aribo, Ndidi, Etebo, or Ejaria. Then you have also have the likes of Agu and Alhassan Yusuf waiting in the wings.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Good move for Onazi, but truth be told besides Rohr not been a huge fan of him... his best days are over with the NT.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:

Good move for Onazi, but truth be told besides Rohr not been a huge fan of him... his best days are over with the NT.
We're actually very thin at the DM position.With Onazi Agu playing in top leagues there'll be more options besides Ndidi.Onazi's box to box style will actually be good for the way Rohr likes to play.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Istanbul Basaksehir, Turkish champions, sign Azubuike Okechukwu on a 3 year deal for €1.5 million from Egyptian club, Pyramids.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:Istanbul Basaksehir, Turkish champions, sign Azubuike Okechukwu on a 3 year deal for €1.5 million from Egyptian club, Pyramids.

Thought that was done long ago. CL for the boy. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!