Transfer Rumours

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
Damunk wrote:Lille allegedly planning to replace Osimhen with....Umar Sadiq.
I think Partizan just signed him on a permanent. Lille are rumored to be bringing in Yilmaz.
Loic Remy is leaving
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
I think Partizan just signed him on a permanent. Lille are rumored to be bringing in Yilmaz.
Loic Remy is leaving
Benevento and Reggina are the other Italian teams I'm currently interested in seeing next season. How do you think Osimhen fits into the current Napoli setup?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Loic Remy is leaving
Benevento and Reggina are the other Italian teams I'm currently interested in seeing next season. How do you think Osimhen fits into the current Napoli setup?
I wanted to wait until deal is done before commenting.

Everyone knows my opinion of Osimhen. He is like a roach-- they survive in any condition. He is a fighter, a survivor, a winner! When you have those qualities, you can thrive in any condition.

One thing i will say though is that anyone who has watched Gattuso's Napoli-- its surprising that a guy who was a hard tackling, aggressive defensive midfielder is so much interested in possession and creative football. I think he took a lot from Ancelotti when he played under him, but I will never have imagined that RIno will turn out into this type of coach. I assumed he would be like Simeone. So, one thing you'll be certain of is that there will be chances galore! Napoli, even right now, create a lot of chances. Unlike Lille, where many times, Victor had to fight to create his own chances, at Napoli they will give him the ball on a platter. Before Gattuso came, they were struggling very badly. He came in and began to drag them back and they won the Coppa Italia. In janaury, they worked on their midfield and gave him the "pirlo" midfielders that he wanted -- Demme and Lobotka. This summer, they are working on the attack and are negotiating for Boga (Sassuolo), Cengiz Under (Roma) and Darwin Nunez (Almeria). They are also going to bring back Petagna (SPAL).

Additionally, one thing Rino has always complained of is that he does not have "his" striker. The type of striker he likes-- the one that fights for every single ball with a mad man's aggression. The type of striker that will take all the chances that their midfielder serve on a platter every game.

You can see those characteristics in Osimhen and Nunez.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Did Boga choose CIV yet.....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Did Boga choose CIV yet.....
Yes
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

They capped him once, before he blew up.

Never was in the favour of their last coach who has now been sacked
The new coach will likely have him figure heavily in their plans.

CIV have the best wide players in Africa.

Pepe
Zaha
Boga
Cornet
Gervinho
Gradel
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:

Pepe
Zaha
Boga
Cornet
Gervinho
Gradel
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I see you have returned to your first love.

Best wide players ko, best slim players ni! You think football is played by name? Pepe who cannot start for Arsenal, or the brainless Zaha of Crystal palace or is it Gervinho the forehead o :lol: :lol: Abeg no make me laugh.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:So far, it looks like Adarabioyo is going back to City.
Here's his farewell message to Blackburn fans and their comments (as well as Man City fans' comments) say it all.
Pep, are you listening?
pep wey don arrange to splash millions upon millions on 2 Cbs :rotf: :rotf: You think pep has any plans of "growing" anybody? Good luck! You are talking about a checkbook manager here.

Tosin should ask his agent to push his name to Leeds. They need CBs.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Man City to Offer Tosin Adarabioyo New Contract With Promise of First-Team Action
By Matt O'Connor-Simpson | Jul 25 2020

90min understand that Tosin Adarabioyo could be given a role in the first team squad at Manchester City next season
Exclusive - Manchester City have told Tosin Adarabioyo that he could push for a first-team place next season, if he agrees to sign a new contract.

The Premier League runners-up have been impressed with how the 22-year-old has performed while on loan at Blackburn Rovers this season where he has made 35 appearances and scored three goals.

Adarabioyo has been ever present for Blackburn this season
He similarly caught the eye during a stint at West Bromwich Albion during the 2018/2019 campaign. The former England Under-19 international was a mainstay in a Baggies team that were narrowly defeated by Aston Villa on penalties in the Championship playoff semi final.

A source has confirmed to 90min that a host of Premier League sides are interested in the burgeoning centre-back with several clubs already making enquiries to City about his availability.

Adarabioyo has just 12-months left on his current deal and the Citizens are keen for him to sign a new long term contract. However, if he does pen terms it is unlikely that he will spend next season out on loan. The club believe that he could become a useful squad member for Pep Guardiola, in an area of the team that lacks depth.

City have struggled defensively this season with an injury to Aymeric Laporte leaving them desperately short of options at the back. John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi have been criticised for their performances with 35-year-old Fernandinho shoehorned into the position in their stead.

Adarabioyo is considering his options, as he knows if he does not sign then he can leave for nothing next summer. City are aware of this and they are keen not to lose a player who is Manchester-born and has spent his entire career with the club.

If he does pen new terms Adarabioyo is likely to be joined in the Guardiola's squad by several new arrivals. Leicester's Ben Chilwell and Valencia prospect Ferran Torres are both targets while the club have also been linked with a long list of centre-backs.
https://www.90min.com/posts/man-city-to ... eam-action
Yes!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I await final confirmation.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Let me get this right? You are "taunting" me because they offered him a "contract with a promise of first team action?" This means that Pep will not purchase his 2 multi-million pounds CBs anymore? :D

We will discuss soon. :D
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:So far, it looks like Adarabioyo is going back to City.
Here's his farewell message to Blackburn fans and their comments (as well as Man City fans' comments) say it all.
Pep, are you listening?
pep wey don arrange to splash millions upon millions on 2 Cbs :rotf: :rotf: You think pep has any plans of "growing" anybody? Good luck! You are talking about a checkbook manager here.

Tosin should ask his agent to push his name to Leeds. They need CBs.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Man City to Offer Tosin Adarabioyo New Contract With Promise of First-Team Action
By Matt O'Connor-Simpson | Jul 25 2020

90min understand that Tosin Adarabioyo could be given a role in the first team squad at Manchester City next season
Exclusive - Manchester City have told Tosin Adarabioyo that he could push for a first-team place next season, if he agrees to sign a new contract.

The Premier League runners-up have been impressed with how the 22-year-old has performed while on loan at Blackburn Rovers this season where he has made 35 appearances and scored three goals.

Adarabioyo has been ever present for Blackburn this season
He similarly caught the eye during a stint at West Bromwich Albion during the 2018/2019 campaign. The former England Under-19 international was a mainstay in a Baggies team that were narrowly defeated by Aston Villa on penalties in the Championship playoff semi final.

A source has confirmed to 90min that a host of Premier League sides are interested in the burgeoning centre-back with several clubs already making enquiries to City about his availability.

Adarabioyo has just 12-months left on his current deal and the Citizens are keen for him to sign a new long term contract. However, if he does pen terms it is unlikely that he will spend next season out on loan. The club believe that he could become a useful squad member for Pep Guardiola, in an area of the team that lacks depth.

City have struggled defensively this season with an injury to Aymeric Laporte leaving them desperately short of options at the back. John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi have been criticised for their performances with 35-year-old Fernandinho shoehorned into the position in their stead.

Adarabioyo is considering his options, as he knows if he does not sign then he can leave for nothing next summer. City are aware of this and they are keen not to lose a player who is Manchester-born and has spent his entire career with the club.

If he does pen new terms Adarabioyo is likely to be joined in the Guardiola's squad by several new arrivals. Leicester's Ben Chilwell and Valencia prospect Ferran Torres are both targets while the club have also been linked with a long list of centre-backs.
https://www.90min.com/posts/man-city-to ... eam-action
Yes!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I await final confirmation.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Pepe
Zaha
Boga
Cornet
Gervinho
Gradel
The only decent player in that list is Zaha, Pepe still remains a flash in the pan.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Let me get this right? You are "taunting" me because they offered him a "contract with a promise of first team action?" This means that Pep will not purchase his 2 multi-million pounds CBs anymore? :D

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Firstly, its not that serious.
I'm taunting you becos I feel like. :taunt:
Secondly, a few months ago you actually scoffed at the thought of him even returning to Man City. Remember?
I couldn't be bothered to look for it, but it doesn't matter anyway, cos its all good.

I'm sure you're just as happy for the boy as I am. :idea:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Let me get this right? You are "taunting" me because they offered him a "contract with a promise of first team action?" This means that Pep will not purchase his 2 multi-million pounds CBs anymore? :D

Secondly, a few months ago you actually scoffed at the thought of him even returning to Man City. Remember?
I couldn't be bothered to look for it, but it doesn't matter anyway, cos its all good.

I cant say I am happy. He is 23! For his own sake, I hope he doesnt return to Man City. Pep wants to bring in 2 CBs. One will pair Laporte as starters, the other will be 3rd choice and Garcia is expected to be 4th choice. If Stones is sold, then Adarabioyo takes the 5th CB position (home grown quota position). God forbid! I cant wish that on a 23 year old who could be a starter somewhere else and grow into one of the finest CBs, with his abilities.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I cant say I am happy. He is 23! For his own sake, I hope he doesnt return to Man City. Pep wants to bring in 2 CBs. One will pair Laporte as starters, the other will be 3rd choice and Garcia is expected to be 4th choice. If Stones is sold, then Adarabioyo takes the 5th CB position (home grown quota position). God forbid! I cant wish that on a 23 year old who could be a starter somewhere else and grow into one of the finest CBs, with his abilities.
Guy, you are the one that relishes in identifying 'slaves", people with no balls, cowards and wimps left and right
A young 23 yr old is willing to take his chances and fight for a place in one of the most talented squads in the world. He even has ambitions of captaining the side one day.
If you love the guy as you say, you'd admire his ambition and encourage him to go for it if he believes it.
After all you just said he's got the ability to become "one of the finest CBs"

Your position is not consistent. You gotta be in it to win it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: A young 23 yr old is willing to take his chances and fight for a place in one of the most talented squads in the world. He even has ambitions of captaining the side one day.

Sir, you dont get it. He cannot fight for his place under Guardiola. The decision has already been made. This is a fight he cant win because Guardiola has already decided his top 4 CDs for next season. No matter what Tosin does.

If you love the guy as you say, you'd admire his ambition and encourage him to go for it if he believes it.

I never said this. I dont even know him.

In some circumstances, you can be in it all you like, you aint winning sh1t when the game is rigged.

Anyway, we will see. For his own sake, I hope I will be wrong.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should look at joining Arsenal. We do need another Center half.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote: A young 23 yr old is willing to take his chances and fight for a place in one of the most talented squads in the world. He even has ambitions of captaining the side one day.

Sir, you dont get it. He cannot fight for his place under Guardiola. The decision has already been made. This is a fight he cant win because Guardiola has already decided his top 4 CDs for next season. No matter what Tosin does.

I never said this. I dont even know him.

In some circumstances, you can be in it all you like, you aint winning sh1t when the game is rigged.

Anyway, we will see. For his own sake, I hope I will be wrong.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Pepe
Zaha
Boga
Cornet
Gervinho
Gradel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pepe best wide player in Africa, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the wide players from Algeria Mahrez, the Wide player from Senegal Mane, the wide player from Nigeria Chuks etc ... you mentioned Pepe, then included the likes of gradel and forehead...ok, let me laugh some more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Pepe
Zaha
Boga
Cornet
Gervinho
Gradel
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pepe best wide player in Africa, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the wide players from Algeria Mahrez, the Wide player from Senegal Mane, the wide player from Nigeria Chuks etc ... you mentioned Pepe, then included the likes of gradel and forehead...ok, let me laugh some more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Na im countri pepul now, I no blame am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Pepe
Zaha
Boga
Cornet
Gervinho
Gradel
Sadio Mane may be the best INDIVIDUAL winger in Africa, but as a group no country has a better collection of wide forwards in Africa than CIV. It's not even close really.

I hope you know that every single one of those players I listed have better stats than our best winger Chukwueze.

Guys like Cornet and Pepe have more goals and assists than Chuks despite not being starters on their team.

Boga has had a crazy season in Serie A leading the league in dribbles along with 11 goals. Old man Gervinho is still putting up better numbers than all of our wingers.

The only wingers of ours who had good seasons are Moses Simon and Ejuke, but both are in inferior leagues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so it is no longer Africa, but now you compare CIV player to that of Nigeria. anyway enjoy this and go drink pap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftg9THp3ek[/video]
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:so it is no longer Africa, but now you compare CIV player to that of Nigeria. anyway enjoy this and go drink pap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftg9THp3ek[/video]
Mba take Ivory Coast chop Garrisons there ooo!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

West Ham and Rangers want Josh Maja

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... riker.html
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Any interest in Aribo? Hopefully he can get a look in from better clubs.
OCCUPY NFF!!