GERNET RHOR AND GHANA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
GERNET RHOR AND GHANA

Post by Igugu »

Curled From Punch:

Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr

Agency Report
29 January 2022
Former Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, may be named the coach of Ghana’s national team ahead of their Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifying play-offs against Nigeria in March.

Rohr was sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation last month, after some unconvincing performances in the World Cup qualifiers, despite steering the three-time African champions to the play-offs.

According to reports in Ghana, the Franco-German is leading the race for the position of the Black Stars head coach job following the recent sacking of Milovan Rajevac, after the Black Stars disastrous outing at the ongoing 2032 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, where the Ghanaians crashed out in the group stage with just one point and recording a shock 3-2 defeat to minnows Comoros.

The Ghana Football Association announced Wednesday it had parted ways with Serbian Rajevac after the Black Stars exited the competition without a win, the first time it would happen in their history.

A new manager is however expected to be named before their crucial World Cup playoffs against Nigeria in March.

And according to ghanaweb.com, a close source of the 68-year-old gaffer revealed that Rohr, is a potential and leading candidate for the Blacks Stars job due to his wealth of experience in Africa.

Read Also
Ghana must beat Nigeria, says Black Stars legend
World Cup playoffs: Rohr leads race for Black Stars job – report
Linking Super Eagles' AFCON loss to Buhari's video call idiotic —Femi Adesina
“Gernot (Rohr) is very much open to the Ghana job,” a source close to the coach told ghanaweb.com.

“Ghana football has great potential and his experience of the African game will help him steer the team in the right direction.

“His knowledge of African football is deep especially with West African teams. Besides Nigeria, he also handled Burkina Faso and Niger. Rohr also had a stint with Gabon in 2017. He has the quality to handle the Black Stars,” the source added.

“Gernot achieved FIFA World Cup qualification with Nigeria in 2018 and is keen on guiding Ghana to the 2022 edition. Ghana has big name players like Andre Ayew, Thomas Partey, Daniel Amartey amongst others who are hungry to play at the World Cup and Gernot can help turn that dream into a reality.”

Rohr enjoyed a five-year spell with Nigeria, guiding the Eagles to the World Cup in Russia in 2018 and a third-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Latest News
Erdogan sacks Turkey's statistics chief after controversial inflation figures
Coup: ECOWAS suspends Burkina Faso
Coup won’t affect Stallions against Tunisia, insists Traore
AFCON: Eto’o blames CAF for COVID-19 issues
Ghana must beat Nigeria, says Black Stars legend
More
Tags: BLACK STARS ROHR SUPER EAGLES
Kindly share this story:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: GERNET RHOR AND GHANA

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If Ghana has a long term goal of building a quality team then Rohr is their man. If he gets the job at least I know I'll have a team to support at the WC. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:41 am If Ghana has a long term goal of building a quality team then Rohr is their man. If he gets the job at least I know I'll have a team to support at the WC. :thumbs:
Kpom. That is will be a slam dunk. Knows our players in and out and does his homework. It's almost like Ghana bribed Picnic to fire him for them ahead of this match. The timing is so off and senseless.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He will be a good medium term solution to help them add professionalism to their team.

But against Nigeria, he will say:

Ghana is a young team
We are not yet ready
Losing home and away to Nigeria is not a bad result.

Let them hire him. We’ll be fine.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:43 am He will be a good medium term solution to help them add professionalism to their team.

Ghana is a young team
We are not yet ready

Talk...talk....talk is all u got. What happened to AFCON finals? E go do u like fimtrick when Rohr knocks us da foik out of the wc.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Nigerians are known to have loud mouth. The shame of AFCON dumping is fresh but dem no care.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Rohr taking Ghana to the World Cup will cause a second Nigerian civil war.
The ultimate ridicule.
God forbid.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:43 am He will be a good medium term solution to help them add professionalism to their team.

Ghana is a young team
We are not yet ready

Talk or no talk Rohr took us to the semis, losing at the last second to one of the best African teams over the last decade.

While our current coach could not break down an average Tunisia team missing half their players, and we had our worst outing since 1982.

Egu squandered the best collection of players we have had in well over a decade.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:30 am Rohr taking Ghana to the World Cup will cause a second Nigerian civil war.
The ultimate ridicule.
God forbid.
Can u imagine if Rohr knocked us out ?

What will all the anti-Rohr bots do ?

Chei I don't want to even think of the possibility.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:06 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:30 am Rohr taking Ghana to the World Cup will cause a second Nigerian civil war.
The ultimate ridicule.
God forbid.
Can u imagine if Rohr knocked us out ?

What will all the anti-Rohr bots do ?

Chei I don't want to even think of the possibility.
Aren’t you an anti **** also, so what would you do?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr can hurt Nigeria if Ghana appoints him

Post by Purity »

Our preview of the AFCON Quater finals :

Rohr knows Nigeria well, If Ghana appoints him, he could hurt Nigeria at the world cup qualifiers.

Watch our show today
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Would be a very interesting move...

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Hughton would also be a good choice. His teams tend to overachieve in the 1st few games, and are difficult to break down.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Ghana is a young team
We are not yet ready

We fall and subscribe too much to talk over results. That's why our airports are what they are, roads, we sabi talk and also don't like "humble talk". Humble talk doesn't mean bad result. Last time I checked, I think Rohr remains the #1 or #2 winningest coach. Perhaps that level-headed balance is much needed for our default ego-tripped mode. I have been reflecting a lot after this Afcon. I recall a member posted an article about how we like going around in circles full with stats. I'll look for it. To move forward, we will need to conquer the pull of feel good reactions, define our primary outcomes (play with swagger or whatever we call it OR win games). Key word is "primary".