Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

in Scotland not Enugu.

Guess he decided not to wait around to see if Wigan will win the appeal over the 12 point deduction.

Not sure about this one. They'll be in Europe, but the level of domestic competition is questionable. Training will be more competitive than most league games.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... r-a-second

Rangers have completed the signing of Nigeria international Leon Balogun on a one-year deal.

Steven Gerrard has been looking to add defensive cover to his squad since losing Nikola Katic to a serious knee injury.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:46 pm 

Then you should update your topic to "Glasgow Rangers."

You are an Admin and its irresponsible for you to play games with the topic and then later sat "in Scotland not Enugu." It means you know exactly what you are doing. Please, respect your position. Thanks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:16 pm 

I think he made the right choice, considering the fact that he was a free agent (having signed a 1 yr contract with Wigan). Also, Glasgow Rangers gives him the opportunity to reset his playing career, having had a terrible experience with Brighton and Hove Albion.
Rangers will be playing in Europe this coming season (Champions League and possibly Europe), so that must be enticing.
Anyhow, wish the lad all the best.
truetalk wrote:
in Scotland not Enugu.

Guess he decided not to wait around to see if Wigan will win the appeal over the 12 point deduction.

Not sure about this one. They'll be in Europe, but the level of domestic competition is questionable. Training will be more competitive than most league games.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... r-a-second

Rangers have completed the signing of Nigeria international Leon Balogun on a one-year deal.

Steven Gerrard has been looking to add defensive cover to his squad since losing Nikola Katic to a serious knee injury.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:54 pm 

Giving the season Balogun has had Rangers is a good move. There's no guarantee he'll start there either.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:31 am 

truetalk wrote:
in Scotland not Enugu.

He is in his early or mid thirties. What would have been a better move? Real Madrid?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:56 am 

I think Leon is done with SE unless our players suffer a loss of form or injury. It's now Ekong,Ajayi,Omeruo and Awaziem, with udokhai looking to join Se I don't see any reason to bring Leon back .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:11 am 

Leon is in the twilight of his career. Good luck to the young man.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:57 am 

'No better centre-back in Championship' - analysis
Former Wigan recruitment analyst Dougie Wright

I don't think there was a better centre-back in the Championship than Leon last season. He was so comfortable and absolutely strolled it. He made those around him better by how good he was.

Defensively, he's not the most aggressive, but he's very intelligent in terms of his positioning. He was very composed in possession, could play left or right side at centre-half and brings the ball out well"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53531608

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:43 am 

We would also like to thank Keshi of blessed memory for capping Leon Balogun.

Keshi, when you were SE coach, we didn´t have agents using the SE as bait for their clients to get their country of birth national team call. Don´t know how you did it.... these new crew can learn from you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:31 am 

This true talk should be called faketalk... Aribo plays for ra gers also..Leon has signed a good deal....much better than playing for a team relegated to div 3

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:50 am 

Cally wrote:
'No better centre-back in Championship' - analysis
Former Wigan recruitment analyst Dougie Wright

I don't think there was a better centre-back in the Championship than Leon last season. He was so comfortable and absolutely strolled it. He made those around him better by how good he was.

Defensively, he's not the most aggressive, but he's very intelligent in terms of his positioning. He was very composed in possession, could play left or right side at centre-half and brings the ball out well"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53531608

I remember Zambian fans saying on their forum, zamfoot, that Balogun is the best CD in Africa.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:52 am 

fabio wrote:

Keshi, when you were SE coach, we didn´t have agents using the SE as bait for their clients to get their country of birth national team call. Don´t know how you did it.... these new crew can learn from you.

Just like Joseph Yobo, Keshi should be credited for turning Balogun from a RB to a very good CD. :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:
in Scotland not Enugu.

He is in his early or mid thirties. What would have been a better move? Real Madrid?

He was unlucky with Brighton with the Manager rightly sticking with the reliable pair of Dunk & Duffy, but has been very solid in the short time with Wigan. Solid enough to get a deal with another Championship team or a team in the lower half & more (10, maybe 12 teams) of the Premiership.

Rangers are doing well in Europe (in the last 16 of the Europa league, better than the likes of Arsenal), but Scotland is still a 2 team league, and the quality of opposition he is facing most of the time would be suspect.

I am speaking in terms of sharpness and readiness for the Super Eagles. Gerrard is building up his coaching resume and has a good group & was smart to move in on Balogun quickly. Not faulting the move, but like Player, Balogun could have had batter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Bigpokey24 wrote:
This true talk should be called faketalk... Aribo plays for ra gers also..Leon has signed a good deal....much better than playing for a team relegated to div 3

No free lessons anymore, especially since you did not pay for previous classes.

Dem don beat you for your backyard MMA?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:36 pm 

truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

No free lessons anymore, especially since you did not pay for previous classes.

Dem don beat you for your backyard MMA?

Chop rice leave stone you posted a booboo

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:50 am 

fabio wrote:

Also patrick.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:46 am 

Balogun and Aribo start for Rangers today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 pm 

Gerrard's comments - min 1:23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:47 am 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/rangers-de ... r3isiepjxv

Rangers defender Balogun makes Scottish Premiership Team of the Week

They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon