Leon Balogun signs for Rangers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Leon Balogun signs for Rangers

Post by truetalk »

in Scotland not Enugu.

Guess he decided not to wait around to see if Wigan will win the appeal over the 12 point deduction.

Not sure about this one. They'll be in Europe, but the level of domestic competition is questionable. Training will be more competitive than most league games.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... r-a-second

Rangers have completed the signing of Nigeria international Leon Balogun on a one-year deal.

Steven Gerrard has been looking to add defensive cover to his squad since losing Nikola Katic to a serious knee injury.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Leon Balogun signs for Rangers

Post by danfo driver »

Then you should update your topic to "Glasgow Rangers."

You are an Admin and its irresponsible for you to play games with the topic and then later sat "in Scotland not Enugu." It means you know exactly what you are doing. Please, respect your position. Thanks.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I think he made the right choice, considering the fact that he was a free agent (having signed a 1 yr contract with Wigan). Also, Glasgow Rangers gives him the opportunity to reset his playing career, having had a terrible experience with Brighton and Hove Albion.
Rangers will be playing in Europe this coming season (Champions League and possibly Europe), so that must be enticing.
Anyhow, wish the lad all the best.
truetalk wrote:in Scotland not Enugu.

Guess he decided not to wait around to see if Wigan will win the appeal over the 12 point deduction.

Not sure about this one. They'll be in Europe, but the level of domestic competition is questionable. Training will be more competitive than most league games.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... r-a-second

Rangers have completed the signing of Nigeria international Leon Balogun on a one-year deal.

Steven Gerrard has been looking to add defensive cover to his squad since losing Nikola Katic to a serious knee injury.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Giving the season Balogun has had Rangers is a good move. There's no guarantee he'll start there either.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He is in his early or mid thirties. What would have been a better move? Real Madrid?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I think Leon is done with SE unless our players suffer a loss of form or injury. It's now Ekong,Ajayi,Omeruo and Awaziem, with udokhai looking to join Se I don't see any reason to bring Leon back .
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Leon is in the twilight of his career. Good luck to the young man.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

'No better centre-back in Championship' - analysis
Former Wigan recruitment analyst Dougie Wright

I don't think there was a better centre-back in the Championship than Leon last season. He was so comfortable and absolutely strolled it. He made those around him better by how good he was.

Defensively, he's not the most aggressive, but he's very intelligent in terms of his positioning. He was very composed in possession, could play left or right side at centre-half and brings the ball out well"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53531608
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We would also like to thank Keshi of blessed memory for capping Leon Balogun.

Keshi, when you were SE coach, we didn´t have agents using the SE as bait for their clients to get their country of birth national team call. Don´t know how you did it.... these new crew can learn from you.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This true talk should be called faketalk... Aribo plays for ra gers also..Leon has signed a good deal....much better than playing for a team relegated to div 3
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cally wrote:'No better centre-back in Championship' - analysis
Former Wigan recruitment analyst Dougie Wright

I don't think there was a better centre-back in the Championship than Leon last season. He was so comfortable and absolutely strolled it. He made those around him better by how good he was.

Defensively, he's not the most aggressive, but he's very intelligent in terms of his positioning. He was very composed in possession, could play left or right side at centre-half and brings the ball out well"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53531608
I remember Zambian fans saying on their forum, zamfoot, that Balogun is the best CD in Africa.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:We would also like to thank Keshi of blessed memory for capping Leon Balogun.

Keshi, when you were SE coach, we didn´t have agents using the SE as bait for their clients to get their country of birth national team call. Don´t know how you did it.... these new crew can learn from you.
Just like Joseph Yobo, Keshi should be credited for turning Balogun from a RB to a very good CD. :clap: :clap:
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:

He is in his early or mid thirties. What would have been a better move? Real Madrid?
He was unlucky with Brighton with the Manager rightly sticking with the reliable pair of Dunk & Duffy, but has been very solid in the short time with Wigan. Solid enough to get a deal with another Championship team or a team in the lower half & more (10, maybe 12 teams) of the Premiership.

Rangers are doing well in Europe (in the last 16 of the Europa league, better than the likes of Arsenal), but Scotland is still a 2 team league, and the quality of opposition he is facing most of the time would be suspect.

I am speaking in terms of sharpness and readiness for the Super Eagles. Gerrard is building up his coaching resume and has a good group & was smart to move in on Balogun quickly. Not faulting the move, but like Player, Balogun could have had batter.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This true talk should be called faketalk... Aribo plays for ra gers also..Leon has signed a good deal....much better than playing for a team relegated to div 3
No free lessons anymore, especially since you did not pay for previous classes.

Dem don beat you for your backyard MMA?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:This true talk should be called faketalk... Aribo plays for ra gers also..Leon has signed a good deal....much better than playing for a team relegated to div 3
No free lessons anymore, especially since you did not pay for previous classes.

Dem don beat you for your backyard MMA?
Chop rice leave stone you posted a booboo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

fabio wrote:We would also like to thank Keshi of blessed memory for capping Leon Balogun.

Also patrick.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Balogun and Aribo start for Rangers today.
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

https://www.goal.com/en/news/rangers-de ... r3isiepjxv