Ex-Ghana U17 star Bonsu makes Nigeria revelation about inter

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Ex-Ghana U17 star Bonsu makes Nigeria revelation about inter

Post by iworo »

Ex-Ghana U17 star Bonsu makes Nigeria revelation about international future

The goalkeeper is growing frustrated by a lack of opportunities from his home country
Former Ghana U17 goalkeeper Nana Bonsu has disclosed he is considering making a nationality switch to Nigeria to represent the Super Eagles at senior level.

The 30-year-old shot-stopper has been on the fringes of Ghana's national team owing to fine performances for the Flying Antelopes in the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) and in continental inter-club competitions.

Ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, he was named in Ghana's provisional squad but was met by disappointment when then Black Stars coach James Kwasi Appiah whittled down his roster to 23.

“Nigeria has been in constant talks with me for the past five years to naturalise for them but I want to take money before I will do that," Bonsu told Asempa FM.

“So if they [Nigeria] agree to pay me some amount of money, I will play for them definitely.

“It’s been five seasons now in Nigeria with marvellous performances yet I don’t get Black Stars opportunities. I was nominated in the SWAG [Sports Writers Association of Ghana] best goalkeepers award last year but I was unable to get a call-up.

"So if I don’t play for the Black Stars it won’t worry me because I am happy with how far the Lord has brought me."

In February 2019, Bonsu told Space FM: “I’m ever ready to be called into the Black Stars because my performance is better. I’m in good shape now."

The goalkeeper, who played for Ashanti Gold during his time in Ghana, recently told local media he has no plans of returning to his homeland in the belief that no club would be able to meet his wage demands.

He rehashes his stance: “In Ghana, Inter Allies is doing well when it comes to player salary. I heard some time ago that [Benin international] Victorien Adebayor earns $2,000 (€1,748) but he is a foreigner.

“When you go to Nigeria, it doesn’t depend on where you are coming from, everybody receives a good salary."

Bonsu represented Ghana at the 2005 Fifa U17 World Cup in Peru where the Black Starlets exited the tournament in the first round after three straight draws.

He joined Enugu Rangers in 2016.

Last year, he was named the most outstanding goalkeeper of the 2018-19 Caf Confederation Cup group stage.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/ex-ghana-u ... zp6b18geav
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Ex-Ghana U17 star Bonsu makes Nigeria revelation about i

Post by iworo »

iworo wrote:Ex-Ghana U17 star Bonsu makes Nigeria revelation about international future

The goalkeeper is growing frustrated by a lack of opportunities from his home country
Former Ghana U17 goalkeeper Nana Bonsu has disclosed he is considering making a nationality switch to Nigeria to represent the Super Eagles at senior level.

The 30-year-old shot-stopper has been on the fringes of Ghana's national team owing to fine performances for the Flying Antelopes in the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) and in continental inter-club competitions.

Ahead of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt, he was named in Ghana's provisional squad but was met by disappointment when then Black Stars coach James Kwasi Appiah whittled down his roster to 23.

“Nigeria has been in constant talks with me for the past five years to naturalise for them but I want to take money before I will do that," Bonsu told Asempa FM.

“So if they [Nigeria] agree to pay me some amount of money, I will play for them definitely.

“It’s been five seasons now in Nigeria with marvellous performances yet I don’t get Black Stars opportunities. I was nominated in the SWAG [Sports Writers Association of Ghana] best goalkeepers award last year but I was unable to get a call-up.

"So if I don’t play for the Black Stars it won’t worry me because I am happy with how far the Lord has brought me."

In February 2019, Bonsu told Space FM: “I’m ever ready to be called into the Black Stars because my performance is better. I’m in good shape now."

The goalkeeper, who played for Ashanti Gold during his time in Ghana, recently told local media he has no plans of returning to his homeland in the belief that no club would be able to meet his wage demands.

He rehashes his stance: “In Ghana, Inter Allies is doing well when it comes to player salary. I heard some time ago that [Benin international] Victorien Adebayor earns $2,000 (€1,748) but he is a foreigner.

“When you go to Nigeria, it doesn’t depend on where you are coming from, everybody receives a good salary."

Bonsu represented Ghana at the 2005 Fifa U17 World Cup in Peru where the Black Starlets exited the tournament in the first round after three straight draws.

Last year, he was named the most outstanding goalkeeper of the 2018-19 Caf Confederation Cup group stage.

Thief :biggrin: :biggrin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

From Frying Pan to FIRE :woot:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Nigeria didn't even take Joetex Frimpong so why would they take him?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He is far better than Daniel Akpeyi so why not? He was Rangers best player during the CAF competitions. Anyways that is water under the bridge.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I heard even the Ghanaians said he came up short.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bobo say pay me :rotf: he went straight to the point
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:I heard even the Ghanaians said he came up short.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:I heard even the Ghanaians said he came up short.
Damunk are you sure? I heard he was too short to be shortlisted
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I can't believe he said "if they pay me".
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf: Ghananese wan hushpuppi Naija.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf: The guys a clown, Nigeria should bring him along for comical relief.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

With the emergence of the younger goalies we have, I don't see him getting a call up if he naturalizes. However, I have no problem with him being invited after if he becomes a citizen, if the coaches feel he has more to offer than any of our other options. He should stop dreaming about getting money from us though.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

iworo wrote:Ex-Ghana U17 star Bonsu makes Nigeria revelation about international future

This guy is blowing a lot of hot smoke. No one will pay him to play for Nigeria. It is true and believe a fact that the media did report on his impressive displays paying for Rangers and wondered why he could not play for the Super Eagles. But those were mere media fascination with his play and nothing ore. I believe he is merely blowing off here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics