Mba’s lifestyle affected his career – Amokachi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Mba’s lifestyle affected his career – Amokachi

Post by Damunk »

Published July 23, 2020
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY
Former Super Eagles assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi, has blamed an indiscipline lifestyle and a failed transfer move to Bordeaux for Sunday Mba’s short-lived career.

The 30-year-old, who scored the Super Eagles’ winning goal in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations final, was released by Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor in September 2017 and has not played competitively since then.

Speaking on his programme the ‘Bull’s Pit’ on Brila FM, Amokachi said Mba was a player with immense quality but suffered too many personal issues.

“I spoke with Mba about three weeks ago when Ahmed Musa was in Nigeria. Musa called me and said other guys like Sunday Mba and Emmanuel Emenike were with him and they were reminiscing about their time in the (national team) camp and we all laughed about it,” Amokachi said.

“Mba has been going back and forth. He played in the second division in Turkey, he was playing, but I think his lifestyle didn’t help him a bit and the contract he had in France after the AFCON destabilised him a bit.

“Up till today, we don’t know the true story of what really happened, with the Bordeaux deal, only Mba and those involved can really tell us what happened and why the deal didn’t work out and things just broke away for him.

“But I think he is a quality player and probably age is not on his side but I still think he can give the world a few years of quality football if he really wants to.”

Mba scored three goals in 16 appearances for the three-time African champions.

Amokachi also advised Eagles duo Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem to quit Leganes after the Spanish club were relegated from LaLiga on Sunday.

Omeruo joined Leganes on August 2019 from Chelsea while Awaziem was on loan from FC Porto.

“It’s sad the team was dropped but with the quality of the players and being Super Eagles players, I think they should find a way to move and play football in the top leagues.

“In Turkey, my former team Besiktas are looking for cover and I think Awaziem will fit in very well and Omeruo is being linked with two Premier League teams.

“And with the stamp he has put in Turkey (during Omeruo’s loan at Kasimpasa) I’m sure teams there will come for him, it just depends on where he wants to go,” the 1994 AFCON winner said.

Copyright PUNCH.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mba’s lifestyle affected his career – Amokachi

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
Published July 23, 2020
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY
Former Super Eagles assistant coach, Daniel Amokachi, has blamed an indiscipline lifestyle and a failed transfer move to Bordeaux for Sunday Mba’s short-lived career.

The 30-year-old, who scored the Super Eagles’ winning goal in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations final, was released by Turkish club Yeni Malatyaspor in September 2017 and has not played competitively since then.

Speaking on his programme the ‘Bull’s Pit’ on Brila FM, Amokachi said Mba was a player with immense quality but suffered too many personal issues.

“I spoke with Mba about three weeks ago when Ahmed Musa was in Nigeria. Musa called me and said other guys like Sunday Mba and Emmanuel Emenike were with him and they were reminiscing about their time in the (national team) camp and we all laughed about it,” Amokachi said.

“Mba has been going back and forth. He played in the second division in Turkey, he was playing, but I think his lifestyle didn’t help him a bit and the contract he had in France after the AFCON destabilised him a bit.

Up till today, we don’t know the true story of what really happened, with the Bordeaux deal, only Mba and those involved can really tell us what happened and why the deal didn’t work out and things just broke away for him.

“But I think he is a quality player and probably age is not on his side but I still think he can give the world a few years of quality football if he really wants to.”

Amokachi also advised Eagles duo Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem to quit Leganes after the Spanish club were relegated from LaLiga on Sunday.

Omeruo joined Leganes on August 2019 from Chelsea while Awaziem was on loan from FC Porto.

“It’s sad the team was dropped but with the quality of the players and being Super Eagles players, I think they should find a way to move and play football in the top leagues.

“In Turkey, my former team Besiktas are looking for cover and I think Awaziem will fit in very well and Omeruo is being linked with two Premier League teams.

“And with the stamp he has put in Turkey (during Omeruo’s loan at Kasimpasa) I’m sure teams there will come for him, it just depends on where he wants to go,” the 1994 AFCON winner said.

Copyright PUNCH.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

He should keep quiet IF he does not know what actually happened.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

MBA a Nigerian hero and super eagles legend
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Published July 23, 2020
KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY

Up till today, we don’t know the true story of what really happened, with the Bordeaux deal, only Mba and those involved can really tell us what happened and why the deal didn’t work out and things just broke away for him.

Copyright PUNCH.

He should keep quiet IF he does not know what actually happened.
You are conflating two separate issues:

1. Mba's lifestyle didnt help him when he was in Turkey and that messed his career up - he spoke about this like he had knowledge

2. Mba's failed deal in France, "I have no idea what happened." - he spoke about this, literally saying he doesnt know what happened.

You are combining turkey and france.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?