The man Mountain Oloye at BCC Lions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
The man Mountain Oloye at BCC Lions

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDGZiTfF9fn/
andrew_randa
I had a dream about the great BCC Lions of Gboko last night.

However, this one is for 70s and 80s babies. He rest of y'all can sit this one out.

Three great footballers in one picture.

Oh, so mush nostalgia.
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fledy
Egg
Egg
Re: The man Mountain Oloye at BCC Lions

Post by fledy »

Oloye na "the butcher of Gboko" in those days o!
As skilled as he was him no dey take nonesense back then
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dougie Oloro!
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CDGZiTfF9fn/
andrew_randa
I had a dream about the great BCC Lions of Gboko last night.

However, this one is for 70s and 80s babies. He rest of y'all can sit this one out.

Three great footballers in one picture.

Oh, so mush nostalgia.
Na those people short oh abeg. Okon just barely managed to escape being a dwarf with his size 5 boot, and Moses, well he was not tall either. The two of them made moi look like prehistoric Onuachu.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The Tiv Prime Minister, Amodu's love Child & well, we'll respect the memory of John Ene Okon. No nick names.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Whatever became of the local league again - I remember growing up near the stadium in Ilorin and the crowd who goes to see Kwara Bomber then was massive. One 16yr in our school was in the feeder team the and dude had yam tubers for thighs - his nick name was Ozogula.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Dammy wrote:Dougie Oloro!
Where did you hear this name from
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Baba Oloye don panic! :rotf: :rotf: what else does Uncle Dammy know about Baba Oloye's movements ? :D :tic:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oloye wrote:
That would be telling!
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
Baba Oloye don panic! :rotf: :rotf: what else does Uncle Dammy know about Baba Oloye's movements ? :D :tic:
:lol: Nothing to panic about my good friend. Only one person calls me by that name, and I am not sure he is on this forum. The person is a childhood friend... I will be pleasantly surprised if he is on the forum. He calls me by the name because of what I do on the field. Some people still believe I take hemp before going onto the pitch :lol:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

GG of G wrote:Whatever became of the local league again - I remember growing up near the stadium in Ilorin and the crowd who goes to see Kwara Bomber then was massive. One 16yr in our school was in the feeder team the and dude had yam tubers for thighs - his nick name was Ozogula.
I know Ozogula, he is late now. He went on to play for Kwasu and I think he made it to the national team as well. He was in the junior Bombers team when I was there.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Him dey clear leg and ball together in those days.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

oloye wrote:
GG of G wrote:Whatever became of the local league again - I remember growing up near the stadium in Ilorin and the crowd who goes to see Kwara Bomber then was massive. One 16yr in our school was in the feeder team the and dude had yam tubers for thighs - his nick name was Ozogula.
I know Ozogula, he is late now. He went on to play for Kwasu and I think he made it to the national team as well. He was in the junior Bombers team when I was there.
Whao, so sad to read that. Thanks to you and others for those Bombers memories. Interestingly, he never struck me as being skillful anytime I watch him play for our school - GHS, Adeta. We had some good ballers on that school team and those matches with other schools usually end in a riot. Those were the days. Such memories. Kids miss out on such local passion in 9ja these days with all these ajebutter private schools. Probably explain why we can't seem to recreate the same English passion seen in their leagues from Premiership all the way down
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
:lol: Nothing to panic about my good friend. Only one person calls me by that name, and I am not sure he is on this forum. The person is a childhood friend... I will be pleasantly surprised if he is on the forum. He calls me by the name because of what I do on the field. Some people still believe I take hemp before going onto the pitch :lol:
I don't know Oloye, the stories one has heard about league players (and fans, sha) in those halcyon days of Nigerian club football .... well, all I can say is I assume there was no mandatory drug testing going on.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Baba Oloye!!
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

megapro wrote:Baba Oloye!!
Mega... Domo oh!

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kai, Oloye was one wicked defender o...the way he cleared Felix Owoblow with tackle into the bush ehn...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai, Oloye was one wicked defender o...the way he cleared Felix Owoblow with tackle into the bush ehn...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dean Oloye's rep (earned or otherwise) had the Nigerian press reporting that he failed to make it at Celtics because he was chopping legs left and right in training...LOL!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Kai, Oloye was one wicked defender o...the way he cleared Felix Owoblow with tackle into the bush ehn...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dean Oloye's rep (earned or otherwise) had the Nigerian press reporting that he failed to make it at Celtics because he was chopping legs left and right in training...LOL!
Lol, I wish I was chopping legs and not malaria that had me running back home before they put me into quarantine. At least I would have left behind in Glasgow something to talk about :lol: