Here is our current first eleven.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Here is our current first eleven.

Post by 1naija »

Xxxx represents the only open position on the team. Who will partner with Ekong in our central defence?
Akpeyi
Ekong
Xxx
Awaziem
Ola Aina
Ndidi
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Moses Simon
Iheanacho
Osimhen
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Here is our current first eleven.

Post by 1naija »

I wont mind moving Awaziem to CD and adding Aribo or Etebo to the midfield depending on the opponent.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Baba, you go use work kill Ndidi for your 1st 11.

Ndidi is the only defensive midfielder, others are offensive.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Only the enemies of Nigeria will want Daniel Akpeyi within 100 miles of the Super Eagles camp
[2] Ola Aina is a right fullback. He should be fighting for the shirt with Tyronne Ebuehi and Kingsley Ehizibue
[3] Chigozie Awazie is a centreback
[4] We are not short of centrebacks as at the moment with Semi Ajayi, William Ekong, Chigozie Awaziem, Kenneth Omeruo and Tosin Adarabioyo
[5] How you left Joe Aribo out of the starting line-up is beyond me
[6] How you left Samuel Kalu out of our starting 11 is another unprecedented wonder
[7] Alex Iwobi is not creative enough to be our playmaker. We need one out of Ebere Eze or Kelechi Nwakali to come good
[8] Where is our leftback? We have Zaidu Sanusi, Calvin Bassey and Jamillu Collins and you have not picked one of them
[9] You have naively picked Iwobi, Osimhen, Moses, Chukwueze and Iheanacho to all play together. A team needs to get the balance between attack and defence right. Your formation will always lead to us conceding at least three goals per match
[10] Midfield is the engine room of the game. You only have one ball winner in your team in Ndidi. Remember the 1-4 loss to Denmark in France 98? Anyway, nothing wrong with a bit of humour.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

This is actually a good line up, I will just add Aribo to the team and play Nacho as a false 9. We don't need too many defensive minded Midfielders, this will affect our creativity and make us rely on counter attacks, so at the end of the day, the defense and Midfield is put under pressure which will lead to unnecessary individual mistakes and fouls. At the last ANC,we ended up being among the teams that conceded the most goals! This was despite Rohr's "defensive set up" and to top it up we played some really boring football, there were matches we had just one shot on goal! What we actually need are creative and intelligent Midfielders who are good in possession.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Only the enemies of Nigeria will want Daniel Akpeyi within 100 miles of the Super Eagles camp
[2] Ola Aina is a right fullback. He should be fighting for the shirt with Tyronne Ebuehi and Kingsley Ehizibue
[3] Chigozie Awazie is a centreback
[4] We are not short of centrebacks as at the moment with Semi Ajayi, William Ekong, Chigozie Awaziem, Kenneth Omeruo and Tosin Adarabioyo
[5] How you left Joe Aribo out of the starting line-up is beyond me
[6] How you left Samuel Kalu out of our starting 11 is another unprecedented wonder
[7] Alex Iwobi is not creative enough to be our playmaker. We need one out of Ebere Eze or Kelechi Nwakali to come good
[8] Where is our leftback? We have Zaidu Sanusi, Calvin Bassey and Jamillu Collins and you have not picked one of them
[9] You have naively picked Iwobi, Osimhen, Moses, Chukwueze and Iheanacho to all play together. A team needs to get the balance between attack and defence right. Your formation will always lead to us conceding at least three goals per match
[10] Midfield is the engine room of the game. You only have one ball winner in your team in Ndidi. Remember the 1-4 loss to Denmark in France 98? Anyway, nothing wrong with a bit of humour.

The real enemies of Nigeria are those who bury their hands in the sand and think we have a world class goalkeeper hiding under the bridge somewhere. Akpeyi is it until you can come up with a capable replacement. I didn't add him in the list on sentiment. He is currently our no.1 keeper.

All the other stuff you wrote are attention seeking gibberish. The only real question is who partners with Ekong on defence since it seems Omeruo has dipped in form.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Assuming all are. Injury free and getting regular time. 4231

Uzoho

Ebuehi
Ekong
Awazien
Collins

Ndidi
Aribo

Chuks
Nacho
Simon

Osihmen
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho, Ezebuhe, Ekong, Awaziem, Sanusi, Ndidi, Ejaria, Aribo, Chukwuze, Osimhen, Iwobi

---------------------------------------Uzoho------------------------------------------------------

Ezebuhie-----------------------Ekong-------------Awaaziem-----------------------Sanusi-------

--------------------------Ndidi---------------------Aribo----------------------------------

-------------Chukwuze-----------------Ejaria --------------------------Iwobi-------------

----------------------------------------Osimhen-------------------------------------------

--
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Considering club form and effectiveness in SE shirt this is our current starting 11

Uzoho
Aina, Troost, Ajayi, Ezibuhue
Ndidi, Aribo, Iwobi
Chukwueze, Osimehn, Kalu

The following questions need to be answered with the upcomming friendlies.

1. Does Ovie Ejaria have anything to say about taking either Aribo's or Iwobi's starting spot ?

2. Does Ejuke have anything to say about being a flexible attacking option ? Can he play AM and be a backup to Iwobi or even take his position outright. Can he challenge Kalu for a starting position out wide ? Should Ahmed Musa's SE career finally come to an end via Ejuke.

3. Despite the hype is Zaidu Sanusi a better option at LB than either Collins or the superior Ola Aina.

4. If invited can Adarabioyo or Udokhai offer us any pluses in defence.

5. What can Cyriel Dessers add to the mix ? Can he solidify the number 2 striker spot that is currently up for grabs.

6. Can Iheanacho solidify his relevance to SE or will he continue to slowly fade out of the picture with the emergence of new forwards ?

7. What can Sadiq Umar bring to the table. Is he hype or the real deal ?

8. Is Yusuf Alhassan a bonafide box to box player in the mold of Michael Essien ?

9. Can Maduka Okoye capitalize on his club move and become SE #1 ?

10. Will Rohr have a look at new wingers like Lookman and Bazee to challenge Kalu. Will Kalus poor club form have any input on his effectiveness for SE. Will he be one of those players who are great I internationally but mediocre at club level ?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

It is very hard to read some of the line-ups here and not lose one’s cool. Naming a Super Eagles squad without Samuel Kalu is like asking Liverpool to play without Sadio Mane or asking Arsenal to take to the pitch without Aubameyang!

Phew!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is very hard to read some of the line-ups here and not lose one’s cool. Naming a Super Eagles squad without Samuel Kalu is like asking Liverpool to play without Sadio Mane or asking Arsenal to take to the pitch without Aubameyang!

Phew!
Please when did Samuel Kalu attain this status or level of importance in SE? Has anything drastic changed about him since the last AFCON? I wonder how such a "super star" spent almost all the minutes on the Bench in Egypt. Is there anything new that you know about him that we do not know? Please let us know to be sure we are talking about the same Samuel Kalu.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1Naija You can keep repeating the lie that Akpeyi is a international standard GK but we all know objectively speaking he is rubbish. If Okoye gets the #1 spot for Sparta its curtains for Daniel 0tupkeyi Eagles carrier.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bret- hart wrote:1Naija You can keep repeating the lie that Akpeyi is a international standard GK but we all know objectively speaking he is rubbish. If Okoye gets the #1 spot for Sparta its curtains for Daniel 0tupkeyi Eagles carrier.
If If If ...
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Very important question that beats the hell out of me?
Dude didn't do a damn thing this season to warrant a start over more accomplished players, like Simon Moses who had a blistering season at Nantes. Honestly, I haven't been a big fan of the lad - don't know why but I don't know what all the hype is about.

With the plethora of midfielders now in the SE, I will pick the following wingers over him:
1. Simon Moses
2. Alex Iwobi
The likes of Ademola Lookman, Bright Osayi-Samuel, Dennis Bonaventure and Chidera Ejike (or Ejuke, who is another top, upcoming winger) are on par or technically better than him.
Truth is: considering his very poor performance last season, wouldn't be surprised if he has actually fallen a few pegs down the toting pole.
ahidjo2 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:It is very hard to read some of the line-ups here and not lose one’s cool. Naming a Super Eagles squad without Samuel Kalu is like asking Liverpool to play without Sadio Mane or asking Arsenal to take to the pitch without Aubameyang!

Phew!
Please when did Samuel Kalu attain this status or level of importance in SE? Has anything drastic changed about him since the last AFCON? I wonder how such a "super star" spent almost all the minutes on the Bench in Egypt. Is there anything new that you know about him that we do not know? Please let us know to be sure we are talking about the same Samuel Kalu.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Otitokoro wrote:Very important question that beats the hell out of me?
Dude didn't do a damn thing this season to warrant a start over more accomplished players, like Simon Moses who had a blistering season at Nantes. Honestly, I haven't been a big fan of the lad - don't know why but I don't know what all the hype is about.

With the plethora of midfielders now in the SE, I will pick the following wingers over him:
1. Simon Moses
2. Alex Iwobi
The likes of Ademola Lookman, Bright Osayi-Samuel, Dennis Bonaventure and Chidera Ejike (or Ejuke, who is another top, upcoming winger) are on par or technically better than him.
Truth is: considering his very poor performance last season, wouldn't be surprised if he has actually fallen a few pegs down the toting pole.
ahidjo2 wrote:

Phew!

Ejuke,Bonaventure,Simon, Musa and even Onyekuru are all ahead of Kalu. Dude needs to sit up and shape up.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ahidjo2 wrote:

Phew!
All these people who only watch major tournaments really get under my skin. Against Ukraine, Benin Republic and Lesotho, Kalu was by far our best player. Anyway, I do not need to argue as Rohr will know he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Just to let you know how silly your comments about the Nations Cup are, during that tournament, the likes of Ajayi, Osimhen, Aribo and Salisu did not feature. Should they be dropped as a result of that?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Kalu that came in for Simon in the 78th min of the Lesotho match (with Nigeria up 3-1) was the best player? Are you kidding me???
Dude was a non-factor when he came in and really added nothing to the team. In the 3 games you mentioned, he only had one shining moment - the lucky dribbling run he made. No other major or notable contribution. Nada!!
Whatever you're drinking or smoking this evening ain't letting you think straight, bro.
Ayo Akinfe wrote: All these people who only watch major tournaments really get under my skin. Against Ukraine, Benin Republic and Lesotho, Kalu was by far our best player. Anyway, I do not need to argue as Rohr will know he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Just to let you know how silly your comments about the Nations Cup are, during that tournament, the likes of Ajayi, Osimhen, Aribo and Salisu did not feature. Should they be dropped as a result of that?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ahidjo2 wrote:

Phew!
Maybe you have forgotten, but in all fairness to Kalu he was rested a lot and subsequently used cautiously in Egypt after collapsing in training at the beginning of the tournament.
At one point we were all scared for his life because info on the cause of his collapse was sketchy.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Very important question that beats the hell out of me?

1. Simon Moses
2. Alex Iwobi
ahidjo2 wrote:

Phew!

Ejuke,Bonaventure,Simon, Musa and even Onyekuru are all ahead of Kalu. Dude needs to sit up and shape up.

Lol but Musa and Onyekuru are nowhere near Kalu. Kalu has always delivered for SE. That is a fact. He scored a blistering goal against Benin and had a great assist against Ukraine.

Musa is a headless chicken and Onyekuru who has been horrible in mediocre Turkish league, you've got jokes.

Only Chukwueze has positioned himself above Kalu based on SE play.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Good discussions, bar the occasional hyperbole. But this is CE after all :mrgreen:

Kalu has had an unsettled couple of years, so you have to accept his stock has fallen. But he delivers when asked.

I would still put Moses Simon ahead of him and any of the other wide attackers. Still amazed his work is under appreciated on CE. I would say in Europe at least, only Osimhen and Ndidi had better seasons than him. And he’s been a consistent, if less flashy, SE for years now.

Sad to say it, but I think Iwobi would be my casualty. I still don’t buy him as part of a midfield three, and I think we have better options - maybe not on natural talent, but on 2 year form - than him.

Nacho’s form gives Rohr some questions to answer: would he consider going with a front two? Nacho is not great when he has to go out wide, but Osimhen is so he could make the runs. The question is then do you support them with a central attacking midfielder, two wide ones or play with a back three so the support comes from the wingbacks (ie how we played against Iceland)? This last option probably doesn’t make the most of current personnel, as we no longer have a deep lying midfield organiser like JMO and are considerably stronger in the wide attacking areas with Samu, Simon, Kalu and even Iwobi.

Tough one to resolve, but I’d still suggest:

Uzoho
Awaziem Ekong Omeruo Aina
Ndidi Etebo
Ejaria or Aribo
Simon Osimhen Samu
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

All this gist about Iwobi not being creative, playing from the wings, is what i do not understand. The fact is it would take something special for Iwobi to be dropped from the No 10 position for SE. Yeah, he stinks up the joint at Everton playing from the wing, but Iwobi in my estimation has never been a good winger. He's just managing to get by there so he can get playing time. Contrast that to his SE performances. Do you know that since Rohr became coach of the SE, only Ighalo has scored more SE goals than him? He was a bit subdued against Brazil, but go an rewatch the Ukraine, Benin & Lesotho games and come back here and tell me he's not balling for Nigeria. He's extremely important for our quick transitions, in the new way Rohr wants to play. It clearly seems his performances for Everton is clouding our judgement about him here. This reminds me on how we use to bash Mikel for only playing sideways passes for Chelsea.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote:All this gist about Iwobi not being creative, playing from the wings, is what i do not understand. The fact is it would take something special for Iwobi to be dropped from the No 10 position for SE. Yeah, he stinks up the joint at Everton playing from the wing, but Iwobi in my estimation has never been a good winger. He's just managing to get by there so he can get playing time. Contrast that to his SE performances. Do you know that since Rohr became coach of the SE, only Ighalo has scored more SE goals than him? He was a bit subdued against Brazil, but go an rewatch the Ukraine, Benin & Lesotho games and come back here and tell me he's not balling for Nigeria. He's extremely important for our quick transitions, in the new way Rohr wants to play. It clearly seems his performances for Everton is clouding our judgement about him here. This reminds me on how we use to bash Mikel for only playing sideways passes for Chelsea.
I'd like to believe you and will.
And I will go and rewatch those matches you mention to enjoy my weekend.
Iwobi shouldn't be written off so quickly. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

An in form Kalu is an automatic starter for the SE. However, he needs to get his act together with so many unfortunate incidents affecting his career. The most recent being tested positive for Covid 19.
This was a player Roma wanted to buy to replace Malcolm. He needs a very good season to get his career back on track.
I am happy