Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54670
Location: United Kingdom
I promise never to lose my temper on CE but alas, it is hard. Some people last watched the team a year ago at the Nations Cup and are using what happened then to pick the team today.

Those of you who watch these players religiously week-in-week-out know who are best players are at the moment, so please let us not take the bait here and get into a needless argument. This is the team we desperately need to take to the field in our nest two friendlies:

4-3-3:

**************************************Osimhen***************************************

*****************Kalu*************************************Chukwueze***************

*****************************************Ebere****************************************

*******************************Aribo************************Ndidi********************

*****Salisu***************Ajayi******************Ekong*******************Aina******

********************************************Uzoho*************************************

Subs:
Dele Alampasu
Maduka Okoye
Kingsley Ehizibue
Jamillu Collins
Chigozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo
Ramon Azeez
Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Emmanuel Denis
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho

Standby
Mathew Yakubu
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Calvin Bassey
Tosin Adarabioyo
Ogene Etebo
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon
Taiwo Awoniyi


Anything else is just nonsense!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9984
Damunk wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is very hard to read some of the line-ups here and not lose one’s cool. Naming a Super Eagles squad without Samuel Kalu is like asking Liverpool to play without Sadio Mane or asking Arsenal to take to the pitch without Aubameyang!

Phew!


Please when did Samuel Kalu attain this status or level of importance in SE? Has anything drastic changed about him since the last AFCON? I wonder how such a "super star" spent almost all the minutes on the Bench in Egypt. Is there anything new that you know about him that we do not know? Please let us know to be sure we are talking about the same Samuel Kalu.
Maybe you have forgotten, but in all fairness to Kalu he was rested a lot and subsequently used cautiously in Egypt after collapsing in training at the beginning of the tournament.
At one point we were all scared for his life because info on the cause of his collapse was sketchy.

The thing tire me bro, Kalu's incident in Egypt was not a minor issue. On CE we feared that he may have developed heart problems that could put an end to his career.
So for a CE to pretend that he's unaware of the reasons why Kalu was a bit part player in Egypt just to support his narrative points to a growing trend on the forum where folks just want to be right!
An example is the thread on Ekong v Juventus where a CE claimed that match was Ekong's first full match post Covid. Despite that fallacy being pointed out, these CEs continued to defend their assertion until I did what they should've done. I posted the stats with line ups on the forum and that made them keep quiet.
No one is always right and you don't get a prize for being always right on CE.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54670
Location: United Kingdom
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ahidjo2 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is very hard to read some of the line-ups here and not lose one’s cool. Naming a Super Eagles squad without Samuel Kalu is like asking Liverpool to play without Sadio Mane or asking Arsenal to take to the pitch without Aubameyang!

Phew!


Please when did Samuel Kalu attain this status or level of importance in SE? Has anything drastic changed about him since the last AFCON? I wonder how such a "super star" spent almost all the minutes on the Bench in Egypt. Is there anything new that you know about him that we do not know? Please let us know to be sure we are talking about the same Samuel Kalu.
Maybe you have forgotten, but in all fairness to Kalu he was rested a lot and subsequently used cautiously in Egypt after collapsing in training at the beginning of the tournament.
At one point we were all scared for his life because info on the cause of his collapse was sketchy.

The thing tire me bro, Kalu's incident in Egypt was not a minor issue. On CE we feared that he may have developed heart problems that could put an end to his career.
So for a CE to pretend that he's unaware of the reasons why Kalu was a bit part player in Egypt just to support his narrative points to a growing trend on the forum where folks just want to be right!
An example is the thread on Ekong v Juventus where a CE claimed that match was Ekong's first full match post Covid. Despite that fallacy being pointed out, these CEs continued to defend their assertion until I did what they should've done. I posted the stats with line ups on the forum and that made them keep quiet.
No one is always right and you don't get a prize for being always right on CE.


That is Nigerians for you. Samuel Kalu is the closest thing we have to Sadio Mane, Pierre Aubameyang, Marcus Rashford or Neymar, yet some people are drawing an Eagles line-up without including him. This is a player who single-handedly tore Benin Republic and Ukraine to shreds coming off the flanks with his dazzling runs.

To be a Nigerians requires a lot of patience. Phew!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8761
1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
[1] Only the enemies of Nigeria will want Daniel Akpeyi within 100 miles of the Super Eagles camp
[2] Ola Aina is a right fullback. He should be fighting for the shirt with Tyronne Ebuehi and Kingsley Ehizibue
[3] Chigozie Awazie is a centreback
[4] We are not short of centrebacks as at the moment with Semi Ajayi, William Ekong, Chigozie Awaziem, Kenneth Omeruo and Tosin Adarabioyo
[5] How you left Joe Aribo out of the starting line-up is beyond me
[6] How you left Samuel Kalu out of our starting 11 is another unprecedented wonder
[7] Alex Iwobi is not creative enough to be our playmaker. We need one out of Ebere Eze or Kelechi Nwakali to come good
[8] Where is our leftback? We have Zaidu Sanusi, Calvin Bassey and Jamillu Collins and you have not picked one of them
[9] You have naively picked Iwobi, Osimhen, Moses, Chukwueze and Iheanacho to all play together. A team needs to get the balance between attack and defence right. Your formation will always lead to us conceding at least three goals per match
[10] Midfield is the engine room of the game. You only have one ball winner in your team in Ndidi. Remember the 1-4 loss to Denmark in France 98? Anyway, nothing wrong with a bit of humour.



The real enemies of Nigeria are those who bury their hands in the sand and think we have a world class goalkeeper hiding under the bridge somewhere. Akpeyi is it until you can come up with a capable replacement. I didn't add him in the list on sentiment. He is currently our no.1 keeper.

All the other stuff you wrote are attention seeking gibberish. The only real question is who partners with Ekong on defence since it seems Omeruo has dipped in form.


Ezenwa is better than Akpeyi. He ought to be the #1 right now❗️


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8049
Nonsense, for me is when:
1. You forcefully stick a player into a lineup that has yet to declare his allegiance to the green and white (Eze).
2. You take a player who is predominantly a left wing back (Ola Aina - Torino) and insist he is a right back.
3. You decide that unproven, bit part (and in some cases, no name) players like Alhassan Yusuf (Who???), Kelechi Nwakali (yet to be on Rohr's radar), Emmanuel Denis and Henry Onyekuru should be your subs, while...
4. You relegate proven, battle tested players like Alex Iwobi and Oghene Etebo and place them on a standby list.
5. Matthew Yakubu??? Its pretty obvious you don't watch any of these players 'week in, week out' and you're just a name dropper. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting ridiculous lists

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I promise never to lose my temper on CE but alas, it is hard. Some people last watched the team a year ago at the Nations Cup and are using what happened then to pick the team today.

Those of you who watch these players religiously week-in-week-out know who are best players are at the moment, so please let us not take the bait here and get into a needless argument. This is the team we desperately need to take to the field in our nest two friendlies:

4-3-3:

**************************************Osimhen***************************************

*****************Kalu*************************************Chukwueze***************

*****************************************Ebere****************************************

*******************************Aribo************************Ndidi********************

*****Salisu***************Ajayi******************Ekong*******************Aina******

********************************************Uzoho*************************************

Subs:
Dele Alampasu
Maduka Okoye
Kingsley Ehizibue
Jamillu Collins
Chigozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo
Ramon Azeez
Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Emmanuel Denis
Henry Onyekuru

Kelechi Iheanacho

Standby
Mathew Yakubu
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Calvin Bassey
Tosin Adarabioyo
Ogene Etebo
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon

Taiwo Awoniyi


Anything else is just nonsense!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47953
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
[1] Only the enemies of Nigeria will want Daniel Akpeyi within 100 miles of the Super Eagles camp
[2] Ola Aina is a right fullback. He should be fighting for the shirt with Tyronne Ebuehi and Kingsley Ehizibue
[3] Chigozie Awazie is a centreback
[4] We are not short of centrebacks as at the moment with Semi Ajayi, William Ekong, Chigozie Awaziem, Kenneth Omeruo and Tosin Adarabioyo
[5] How you left Joe Aribo out of the starting line-up is beyond me
[6] How you left Samuel Kalu out of our starting 11 is another unprecedented wonder
[7] Alex Iwobi is not creative enough to be our playmaker. We need one out of Ebere Eze or Kelechi Nwakali to come good
[8] Where is our leftback? We have Zaidu Sanusi, Calvin Bassey and Jamillu Collins and you have not picked one of them
[9] You have naively picked Iwobi, Osimhen, Moses, Chukwueze and Iheanacho to all play together. A team needs to get the balance between attack and defence right. Your formation will always lead to us conceding at least three goals per match
[10] Midfield is the engine room of the game. You only have one ball winner in your team in Ndidi. Remember the 1-4 loss to Denmark in France 98? Anyway, nothing wrong with a bit of humour.



The real enemies of Nigeria are those who bury their hands in the sand and think we have a world class goalkeeper hiding under the bridge somewhere. Akpeyi is it until you can come up with a capable replacement. I didn't add him in the list on sentiment. He is currently our no.1 keeper.

All the other stuff you wrote are attention seeking gibberish. The only real question is who partners with Ekong on defence since it seems Omeruo has dipped in form.


Ezenwa is better than Akpeyi. He ought to be the #1 right now❗️


Cheers.


What's the basis of this conclussion? When was the last time Ezenwa started for any club.

One thing none of you can say is that Akpeyi is in the team on sentiment. Rohr has shown that if a better goalkeeper is available he will use that goalkeeper. The question all of you should be asking yourselves is, why has Akpeyi constantly started ahead of the other goalkeepers when Rohr is desperate for steady no.1?

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47953
I have not seen Ajayi play, but given that Omeruo seems to have dropped off, our top 11 at the moment is.


Quote:
Akpeyi
Ekong
Ajayi
Awaziem
Ola Aina
Ndidi
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Moses Simon
Iheanacho
Osimhen


If Rohr decides to play the loan striker, which in my opinion is negative football, then the starting line up will be.

Quote:
Akpeyi
Ekong
Ajayi
Awaziem
Ola Aina
Ndidi
Aribo/Etebo
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Moses Simon
Osimhen

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54670
Location: United Kingdom
Otitokoro wrote:
Nonsense, for me is when:
1. You forcefully stick a player into a lineup that has yet to declare his allegiance to the green and white (Eze).
2. You take a player who is predominantly a left wing back (Ola Aina - Torino) and insist he is a right back.
3. You decide that unproven, bit part (and in some cases, no name) players like Alhassan Yusuf (Who???), Kelechi Nwakali (yet to be on Rohr's radar), Emmanuel Denis and Henry Onyekuru should be your subs, while...
4. You relegate proven, battle tested players like Alex Iwobi and Oghene Etebo and place them on a standby list.
5. Matthew Yakubu??? Its pretty obvious you don't watch any of these players 'week in, week out' and you're just a name dropper. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting ridiculous lists

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I promise never to lose my temper on CE but alas, it is hard. Some people last watched the team a year ago at the Nations Cup and are using what happened then to pick the team today.

Those of you who watch these players religiously week-in-week-out know who are best players are at the moment, so please let us not take the bait here and get into a needless argument. This is the team we desperately need to take to the field in our nest two friendlies:

4-3-3:

**************************************Osimhen***************************************

*****************Kalu*************************************Chukwueze***************

*****************************************Ebere****************************************

*******************************Aribo************************Ndidi********************

*****Salisu***************Ajayi******************Ekong*******************Aina******

********************************************Uzoho*************************************

Subs:
Dele Alampasu
Maduka Okoye
Kingsley Ehizibue
Jamillu Collins
Chigozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo
Ramon Azeez
Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Emmanuel Denis
Henry Onyekuru

Kelechi Iheanacho

Standby
Mathew Yakubu
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Calvin Bassey
Tosin Adarabioyo
Ogene Etebo
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon

Taiwo Awoniyi


Anything else is just nonsense!


No point responding to you. A man who does not know that Ola Aina is right footed is simply not worth my attention.

According to the logic of your argument, "tried and tested" players like Mikel, Balogun, Moses, Ighalo and Echiejile should all play because they have proven themselves over the years. Cl;early, the phrase current form means nothing to you.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18193
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Ayo,

IMO, Otitokoro has a point. While he is off on Ola Aina given that Aina has played several times already at fightback for Nigeria, his main point certainly is more convincing than the lineup you placed there. Now if you were simply placing that lineup to rile CE contributors then one can understand. Beyond that, the lineup you put there has little basis in terms of reality. I and believe many others, remain unaware that Ebere Eze has declared eligibility to play for Nigeria. That, alone, makes me consider this lineup one that is done with jest.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Nonsense, for me is when:
1. You forcefully stick a player into a lineup that has yet to declare his allegiance to the green and white (Eze).
2. You take a player who is predominantly a left wing back (Ola Aina - Torino) and insist he is a right back.
3. You decide that unproven, bit part (and in some cases, no name) players like Alhassan Yusuf (Who???), Kelechi Nwakali (yet to be on Rohr's radar), Emmanuel Denis and Henry Onyekuru should be your subs, while...
4. You relegate proven, battle tested players like Alex Iwobi and Oghene Etebo and place them on a standby list.
5. Matthew Yakubu??? Its pretty obvious you don't watch any of these players 'week in, week out' and you're just a name dropper. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting ridiculous lists

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I promise never to lose my temper on CE but alas, it is hard. Some people last watched the team a year ago at the Nations Cup and are using what happened then to pick the team today.

Those of you who watch these players religiously week-in-week-out know who are best players are at the moment, so please let us not take the bait here and get into a needless argument. This is the team we desperately need to take to the field in our nest two friendlies:

4-3-3:

**************************************Osimhen***************************************

*****************Kalu*************************************Chukwueze***************

*****************************************Ebere****************************************

*******************************Aribo************************Ndidi********************

*****Salisu***************Ajayi******************Ekong*******************Aina******

********************************************Uzoho*************************************

Subs:
Dele Alampasu
Maduka Okoye
Kingsley Ehizibue
Jamillu Collins
Chigozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo
Ramon Azeez
Alhassan Yusuf
Kelechi Nwakali
Emmanuel Denis
Henry Onyekuru

Kelechi Iheanacho

Standby
Mathew Yakubu
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Calvin Bassey
Tosin Adarabioyo
Ogene Etebo
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon

Taiwo Awoniyi


Anything else is just nonsense!


No point responding to you. A man who does not know that Ola Aina is right footed is simply not worth my attention.

According to the logic of your argument, "tried and tested" players like Mikel, Balogun, Moses, Ighalo and Echiejile should all play because they have proven themselves over the years. Cl;early, the phrase current form means nothing to you.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8049
Ayo, since you brought up the 'logic' argument, let's try and unpack your logic in making the selection you did.

First of all, I would challenge you on Ola Aina. If you did your homework, you would realize the kid is ambidextrous. He is very comfortable playing on the left, as he is on the right. He primarily plays as a LWB for Torino. He debuted for Nigeria against Algeria playing on the left flank (WC qualifier in Constantine which we won 3-2 in Algeria). During AFCON 2019 -> (i.e. Nigeria v. Burundi, Guinea, Madagascar and Cameroon) he played as LB - Collins was on the right. In Nigeria's last game (against Lesotho), he played the full 90 as LB. So, your 'logic' about him being a 'RB' is completely flawed.

Lets review the logic behind your selection of Samuel Kalu. On current form, prudence would have very strongly suggested that Kalu should not be anywhere near this team, based on the very poor season he had with Girondins Bordeaux in 2019/2020. He pretty much stunk up the joint, if you considered every important metric: games played, # of minutes played, impact on the field, goals scored, awards, etc. So much so that his coach (Portuguese legend Paolo Sousa) was pushing to get rid of him, save for the intervention of another Bordeaux legend, Gernot Rohr. Simon Moses, on the other hand, was loaned to Nantes at the beginning of the season from Levante and made an immediate impact (30 games, 9 goals, 8 assists). He also ended up the season being voted as Nantes player of the season, as well as winning the Nantes goal of the season award. He was also voted into Nantes Team of the decade! He also showed a new dimension to his game - as point man (and he excelled at it). To cap it off, Nantes immediately exercised its option to buy him outright from Levante. So, how can anyone 'logically' place Moses on standby, while putting Kalu in the starting lineup? Makes absolutely no sense!

Lastly, Oghene Etebo. Why this kid gets so much disrespect from folks like you is well beyond be! This is a lad who was picked up on loan by a solid La Liga team (Getafe) and had started to put down great performances until he pulled a hammy, ending his season. This is someone, who Getafe has added to their UEFA league roster and might be considering exercising their tight to purchase outright. Yet, you logically place him on standby, and put no-name like Yussuf and Nwakali above him? With all due respect (and speaking of current performance), WTF have those two done to warrant a spot over Etebo? Please remind me how many minutes Nwakali has played this past season? And don't get me started on that Yussuf fella!!
And lest I forget, not one of the players you listed as 'tried and tested' (in your list below) are worth discussing. With the exception of Leon Balogun (who is trying to revitalize his career), the others have called it quits with the National team and that decision should be respected. Besides, I have never being an Odion Ighalo fan (and this dates back to his days in U20).

In closing, logic (to me) means doing your research, developing a fact based argument, then positing a credible argument for discussion - not trying to force hyperbole down everyone's throat. You should naturally expect some push back if you do that, especially from those who strive to base their arguments on facts.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
No point responding to you. A man who does not know that Ola Aina is right footed is simply not worth my attention.

According to the logic of your argument, "tried and tested" players like Mikel, Balogun, Moses, Ighalo and Echiejile should all play because they have proven themselves over the years. Cl;early, the phrase current form means nothing to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KIZONZO, Striker and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group