I’m Still Waiting For Rohr’s Call - Joshua Zirkee

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
I’m Still Waiting For Rohr’s Call - Joshua Zirkee

Post by Next »

This OwnGoal, again without a credible source

I’m Still Waiting For Rohr’s Call - Bayern Munich Teen Wonder Zirkzee - OwnGoal Nigeria
Dutch U21 international forward Joshua Zirkzee says he has not had any talks with the coach of Nigeria about a switch of allegiance to the West African country.

Zirkzee announced himself in a big way with last season by scoring on his debut for the first team of Bayern Munich in their 3-1 win over Freiburg despite playing for just one minute.

He ended the season with four league goals from nine Bundesliga games. A remarkable feat for a player who was playing with the U18s at the start of last season in the 3rd division.

His rise led to rumors of interest from Nigeria who want him to shun the Netherlands where he is a youth international and pledge his international future to the senior national team of Nigeria.

It was reported that the coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr has already approached him but the 19 year old says their is no substance to the story.

“ I have read about it but not a call yet. I am still waiting to hear from them but I have made it known that I want to continue to play for the Netherlands. That’s my goal even though I’m excited about the interest from the country of my father “, he said.
Well, if he actually said this then let me ask him why he was or is expecting Rohr to call him? Does he think coaches don't read newspapers or use the internet? If you have already made up your mind to want to play for another team instead of
the SE then there's no point in a coach making the call (unless he wants to use the call to boost his chance of a callup by the Dutch).

If you want to make your international carrier with the SE then get off your butts and call the coach and not the other way round...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: I’m Still Waiting For Rohr’s Call - Joshua Zirkee

Post by Damunk »

We are talking about owngoal here, so don't sweat yourself 'jare.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy is obviously enjoying white privilege that Nigerian players born and bred in Nigeria can only dream of. He scored a goal as a sub for Bayern a yr ago and they're still asking him about SE call up. Meanwhile, Nacho who has labored for Nigeria since he was 15yrs old suffers a dip in form and gets dropped from the National team with everybody cheering the move. Abeg mek the boy face Netherlands and leave us alone Joor.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is obviously enjoying white privilege that Nigerian players born and bred in Nigeria can only dream of. He scored a goal as a sub for Bayern a yr ago and they're still asking him about SE call up. Meanwhile, Nacho who has labored for Nigeria since he was 15yrs old suffers a dip in form and gets dropped from the National team with everybody cheering the move. Abeg mek the boy face Netherlands and leave us alone Joor.
Guy you are daft sha, kai!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:We are talking about owngoal here, so don't sweat yourself 'jare.
:laugh:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is obviously enjoying white privilege that Nigerian players born and bred in Nigeria can only dream of. He scored a goal as a sub for Bayern a yr ago and they're still asking him about SE call up. Meanwhile, Nacho who has labored for Nigeria since he was 15yrs old suffers a dip in form and gets dropped from the National team with everybody cheering the move. Abeg mek the boy face Netherlands and leave us alone Joor.
Why Why Why is this imbecile still posting on CE??? Why?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Own goal aren’t to be trusted!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Own goal aren’t to be trusted!

But don't they have shame for misinformation and not having any journalistic ethic and lacking any code of conduct?
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Next wrote:

But don't they have shame for misinformation and not having any journalistic ethic and lacking any code of conduct?
As long as people continue to lap it up, mission accomplished.

Weytin consign agbero with overload? :idea:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Next wrote:

They're not journalists and don't pretend to be, but they have broken important SE news on several occassions. Its 50/50, sometimes they're right sometimed not. Its a Nigerian football blog not the New York Times.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:
Next wrote:

As long as people continue to lap it up, mission accomplished.

Weytin consign agbero with overload? :idea:
Tell them!
Is Damunk the smartest man in Gidi?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Next wrote:

Lol you guys take owngoal too serious it is just a no name blog with zero credibility.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote:
Why Why Why is this imbecile still posting on CE??? Why?
Come; Bret-hart, do you have to curse (insult another forumer) to state your point? On the other hand, why are you posting here?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Zirkzee wasn't called up to the Dutch U21 team, meanwhile Ebere dropped out of the England U21 squad (for unknown reasons)... Rohr magic working :sneaky:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Zirkzee wasn't called up to the Dutch U21 team, meanwhile Ebere dropped out of the England U21 squad (for unknown reasons)... Rohr magic working :sneaky:
For real?
Source pls.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Zirkzee wasn't called up to the Dutch U21 team, meanwhile Ebere dropped out of the England U21 squad (for unknown reasons)... Rohr magic working :sneaky:
For real?
Source pls.
Brighton right-back Tariq Lamptey has received his first England Under-21 call-up ahead of the upcoming trips to Kosovo and Austria.

The 19-year-old, who joined Brighton from Chelsea in January, has previously represented England at under-18 and under-20 level.

He comes into the squad as a replacement for his former Chelsea team-mate Reece James, who has withdrawn along with attacking midfielder Ebere Eze, who completed a move from QPR to Crystal Palace last week for an initial fee of £16million.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... UR&ampcf=1
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
For real?
Source pls.
Brighton right-back Tariq Lamptey has received his first England Under-21 call-up ahead of the upcoming trips to Kosovo and Austria.

The 19-year-old, who joined Brighton from Chelsea in January, has previously represented England at under-18 and under-20 level.

He comes into the squad as a replacement for his former Chelsea team-mate Reece James, who has withdrawn along with attacking midfielder Ebere Eze, who completed a move from QPR to Crystal Palace last week for an initial fee of £16million.

Thanks Tobi17
You and Van city really might be on to something.
It can't be injury for sure... he was in training barely a few days ago with no reported injuries to the CP 'golden' new boy.
Fingers crossed.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Ebere Eze: Crystal Palace boss gave me license to roam against Charlton Athletic

BY SAM SMITH

Eberechi Eze says he has been given license to roam by manager Roy Hodgson after impressing in Crystal Palace’s 3-0 victory over Charlton Athletic.

Eze linked well with forwards Wilfried Zaha and Jordan Ayew from a left-midfield position, but often popped up more centrally. However, he was replaced by Jeffrey Schlupp at half-time with Hodgson citing a groin injury which will not keep the former Queens Park Rangers man out of England U21s duty next week.

In his maiden interview with the club on Friday, the 22-year-old said a reason for signing for the Eagles from the west Londoners was the position in which Palace wanted to play him.

Now, after his first appearance, Eze has talked more about what Hodgson wants him to do.

“It’s what the manager wants me to do. He wants me to link and go where I want to go, where I feel comfortable, that’s more inside but it gives me the license to be free,” Eze told Palace TV after a brace by Ayew and a solo effort by Zaha condemned the d#$% to defeat.

“It was good, I enjoyed it. Linking with the attacking players was fun. It was good for me to get my fitness up. I’ve obviously been training when I was still with QPR, so I’ve been doing a bit but games like this is what I need to top me up. It was a good performance.”

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/ebere-ez ... -athletic/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal Palace boss gives verdict on first outing for Eberechi Eze – and why he came off against Charlton Athletic

Eberechi Eze was substituted at half-time as a precaution in Crystal Palace’s friendly with South London neighbours Charlton Athletic after the midfielder “felt his groin”, according to Roy Hodgson.

The new signing made his first appearance in an Eagles shirt and impressed during a 45-minute cameo in the 3-0 victory.

However, he pulled up late in the first half and was replaced by Jeffrey Schlupp at the interval.

Palace boss Hodgson said the 22-year-old was withdrawn as a precaution. Eze will now link up with the England U21 squad, who face Kosovo on Friday and Austria four days before the Premier League season commences on September 12.

“Unfortunately, he felt his groin at half-time but he does not think it’s too serious and neither does the doctor,” Hodgson told Palace TV.

“But with those things you never know, so it was caution on our side that meant we took him off the field of play. The last thing I want is him now going away with England and getting injured.

“It felt like he had been with us a lot longer than one day. For one day’s training, his understanding of the position was very good.

It was a very promising debut and I don’t think he did too much wrong. Like the other forwards, he got in for plenty of goal chances and had a few shots at goal. We’re looking forward to working with him.”

Midfielder James McCarthy missed the game against the d#$% due to a calf injury that he suffered in Palace’s previous friendly against Oxford United.

The former Everton man will report for duty with the Republic of Ireland where his fitness will be assessed, but Hodgson does not think the 29-year-old will play for his country.

“It was a nasty bang that he took on the outside of his calf. He hadn’t really recovered for today’s game. He has to go and report to Ireland because they want to have a look at him as well,” the 73-year-old said.

“I’m not certain he’ll be fit even to play for them. He’ll need more time because it was such a bad bruise, such a bad haematoma, that he got on his calf that he’ll be out for a little more time. We won’t know until next week until he’s reported to Ireland and the two doctors have spoken.”

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/crystal- ... -athletic/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal Palace signing Eberechi Eze withdraws from England U21s squad with groin injury

Withdrwan: Eze played just one half of Palace's friendly win over Charlton at the weekend ( Getty Images )

Crystal Palace summer signing Eberechi Eze has withdrawn from the England U21s squad with a groin problem.

Palace manager Roy Hodgson revealed after Eze's first outing following his £19.5million move from Queens Park Rangers that he had picked up a slight groin niggle. The 22-year-old played the first half of the Eagles' friendly against Charlton last weekend before being withdrawn as a precaution.

Following the friendly he headed for St. George's Park to join up with Aidy Boothroyd's Young Lions for games against Kosovo and Austria. However, following assessment by the England medical staff, Eze has returned to Selhurst Park.

Chelsea's Reece James has also withdrawn from the squad, while his former teammate Tariq Lamptey, who joined Brighton last season, has been called up in their place.

Lamptey, 19, saw his path to the first team at Chelsea - for whom he made three senior appearances - blocked by James but has since excelled under Graham Potter on the south coast, ending last season as his first choice right-back and now earning his first call-up to the U21s.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 38276.html
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
For real?
Source pls.

Thanks Tobi17
You and Van city really might be on to something.
It can't be injury for sure... he was in training barely a few days ago with no reported injuries to the CP 'golden' new boy.
Fingers crossed.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you guys need to stop, bobo is only gonna come around to SE if he doesn't get a run with 3-lions by the time he's like ~25+, for his sake I hope he doesn't regret it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Even with withdrawals from the England squad, he still can't get in. The likes of Niles-Maitland and Jack Grealish were considered before him. He's 22 playing U21 international football while Nigeria is offering him full international status. He'd better use his brain!
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:Even with withdrawals from the England squad, he still can't get in. The likes of Niles-Maitland and Jack Grealish were considered before him. He's 22 playing U21 international football while Nigeria is offering him full international status. He'd better use his brain!
KPOM!

He could be part of something special with Nigeria or a bit-part player on standby for England. Choice is his. :D :wink:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you guys need to stop, bobo is only gonna come around to SE if he doesn't get a run with 3-lions by the time he's like ~25+, for his sake I hope he doesn't regret it...
Stop what exactly?
Speculating? Believing?
Or irritating you guys that have a problem dealing with uncertainty? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you guys need to stop, bobo is only gonna come around to SE if he doesn't get a run with 3-lions by the time he's like ~25+, for his sake I hope he doesn't regret it...
Stop what exactly?
Speculating? Believing?
Or irritating you guys that have a problem dealing with uncertainty? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Keep hope alive! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!