Can we trade Iwobi for Pulisic?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Can we trade Iwobi for Pulisic?

Post by bushboy »

Every single time I watch Pulisic play, I see in him all the traits I wish Iwobi has. Direct. Skillful. Clinical.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Can we trade Iwobi for Pulisic?

Post by vancity eagle »

wrong position

you should be comparing Pulisic to Chukwueze.

and tbh Pulisic is far better than Chukwueze, produces far more goals and assists and isn't even a gauranteed starter. He has done all this in his first season at Chelsea, while Chukwueze has regressed despite being with the team for 2 years.

If I am honest Chuks needs to up his game and be the player that we all know he can be. I expect much more from him.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Iwobi plays on the wing for Everton. Its the same position.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Not SE posting.
Move to rant.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bushboy wrote:Iwobi plays on the wing for Everton. Its the same position.

Iwobi plays AM for SE.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Pulisic can play either on the wings or as an AM like Iwobi. I would gladly take Pulisic over Iwobi. Pulisic's career is on the rise. He was one of the best players in the EPL after the restart. While Iwobi went missing in several games for Everton last season. Iwobi has potential, but he just doesn't stamp his authority on games when playing for Everton. He seems much more confident playing for club than country.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Pulisic can play either on the wings or as an AM like Iwobi. I would gladly take Pulisic over Iwobi. Pulisic's career is on the rise. He was one of the best players in the EPL after the restart. While Iwobi went missing in several games for Everton last season. Iwobi has potential, but he just doesn't stamp his authority on games when playing for Everton. He seems much more confident playing for club than country.
Crossed wires?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Trade Pulisic for Issac Success
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:Pulisic can play either on the wings or as an AM like Iwobi. I would gladly take Pulisic over Iwobi. Pulisic's career is on the rise. He was one of the best players in the EPL after the restart. While Iwobi went missing in several games for Everton last season. Iwobi has potential, but he just doesn't stamp his authority on games when playing for Everton. He seems much more confident playing for country than club.
Crossed wires?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, Pulisic suffers from American syndrome. There are those who believe that if he was an European citizen he would have seen far more minutes than he currently sees. He is a whale of talent but the American pedigree weighs him down in a game littered with geographical beliefs. I wrote it :lol:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:In my view, Pulisic suffers from American syndrome. There are those who believe that if he was an European citizen he would have seen far more minutes than he currently sees. He is a whale of talent but the American pedigree weighs him down in a game littered with geographical beliefs. I wrote it :lol:
:taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Iwobi has been solid for the eagles and has scored vital goals for us. Have you forgotten? It just at Everton that something is wrong! Even at Arsenal he was good.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Last edited by DIMKA76 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

DIMKA76 wrote:
gochino wrote:Iwobi has been solid for the eagles and has scored vital goals for us. Have you forgotten? It just at Everton that something is wrong! Even at Arsenal he was good.
I mentioned the same and one Mr Ogi kept throwing abuses my way. Iwobi is way more expressive in a GWG jersey
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I will say it again, the closest player we have you can compare to Pulisic is Chukwueze, not Iwobi. This comparison is stupid.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

As soon as we get Pulisic we'll be looking to trade him for someone else.
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Be like say you no know the temperament of the person wey get control of American nuclear codes right now.

Abeg, make una no mind bushboy
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:I will say it again, the closest player we have you can compare to Pulisic is Chukwueze, not Iwobi. This comparison is stupid.

I rarely agree with you, but on this I KPOM.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I will say it again, the closest player we have you can compare to Pulisic is Chukwueze, not Iwobi. This comparison is stupid.

I rarely agree with you, but on this I KPOM.

But...Wasn't exactly the point of the post....Bros just trying to say he wished Iwobi was as skillful, direct and clinical as Pulisic.

If America would rather take Kalu Uche for Pulisic, we go give them...We won't argue with them that Chukwueze is a more direct replacement.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet