Back to reality Time

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mbape
Egg
Egg
Back to reality Time

Post by Mbape »

We heard an earful from some buzzards prior to this tournament, and (for us Cameroonians) more than 3 earfuls for being so useless as to draw with Algeria.

But we drew, Senegal drew, and Nigeria lost. Nothing to celebrate there except the chance that perhaps we should all just worry about our respective teams and the next opposition, and hopefully with a dose or two of humility. Ya'll are screaming about Chukwu and his uselessness, but you knew that going in. Yet some of you had the temerity to go mouthing off all over the place. A few cool heads warned of the danger in Morocco, but no, wont happen, can't happen.

Ayo, maybe you'll catch a hint from my restraint and regulate your future conduct accordingly. I hope you are still having fun BTW.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ayo,

dem go soon ban u from their forum. i saw your posts. Lord have mercy!!!!!
Patriotic but haba.....
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Mbape you still iant guaranteed a place in the quarterfinals as yet so hold your horse man.
Last edited by omey2k4 on Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

From now on, caution will be our cornerstone word.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

omey2k4 wrote:Mbape you still aiant guaranteed a place int eh quarterfinals as yet so hold your horse man.
My man, even if we win the whole thing, I'll still hold my horse. I don't get my kicks that way, buddy.
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Mbape wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:Mbape you still aiant guaranteed a place int eh quarterfinals as yet so hold your horse man.
My man, even if we win the whole thing, I'll still hold my horse. I don't get my kicks that way, buddy.
Oops. I should have said when we win the whole thing.....
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: Back to reality Time

Post by mouko »

Mbape wrote:We heard an earful from some buzzards prior to this tournament, and (for us Cameroonians) more than 3 earfuls for being so useless as to draw with Algeria.

But we drew, Senegal drew, and Nigeria lost. Nothing to celebrate there except the chance that perhaps we should all just worry about our respective teams and the next opposition, and hopefully with a dose or two of humility. Ya'll are screaming about Chukwu and his uselessness, but you knew that going in. Yet some of you had the temerity to go mouthing off all over the place. A few cool heads warned of the danger in Morocco, but no, wont happen, can't happen.

Ayo, maybe you'll catch a hint from my restraint and regulate your future conduct accordingly. I hope you are still having fun BTW.
Talk of humble pie. If you had told any Naija that Naija would be in the same bracket as Benin on day one they would have yarned all day about their attacking, free-flowing, figure-skating, and bellarina football. 9 points were supposed to be there for the taking but it nows appears disaster beckons should they drop one.
However nothing is lost yet. JAnd it doesn't mean Naija won'y win the trophy. Just time to let the play do the talking. That's all.
-But we all must admit Morocco has played the best soccer of the toruney.
-If you see Ayo tell him I'm still waiting for his 10 points on why Najia misfired.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

If you see Ayo tell him I'm still waiting for his 10 points on why Najia misfired.
He's done that already
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

When I cautioned about the way JAG was sounding warnings here and there over the media, some people were all over me saying there is no need keeping secrets, as they feel they will just snatch three points from the Moroccans very easily. Who knows whether the Moroccan players or their coaching crew had been reading all these warnings and prepared accordingly against Nigeria.
Anyway all is not lost, as I believe Nigeria will bounce back and make the second round. From there anything can happen.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

The days for automatic qualification to the knockout stages are gone for Naija. We really do have our work cut out and apologies are in order for any of my brodas wey dey shout anyhow as Cameroon and Senegal failed to get 3 points. Cameroon should watch out for Egypt and Senegal know there is danger with Mali. As for papa Eagus........failure to beat South Africa means we should be ready to pack our load after the first round (1st time since 1982). Hopefully, we can fight back like in 1990 and get past this bottleneck. Maybe the loss will galvanize the team into action. If not, we need to sit back and study why our soccer is failing usm and others around us are improving!!! Every team goes thru a bad patch, but dis one na wa o! :(
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Ok ok, direct ur posts at the relevant parties