Ademola Lookman

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chxta
Egg
Egg
Ademola Lookman

Post by Chxta »

I came across this graphic. Biko does Ademila Lookman qualify as a Nigerian player?
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ademola Lookman

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Has Lookman alerted FIFA that he’s Nigerian?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chxta
Egg
Egg

Post by Chxta »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Has Lookman alerted FIFA that he’s Nigerian?
That is what I want to know.
Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I believe Ademola's fifa switch to represent Nigeria has already been approved, so yeah...there you go.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Last I heard was that it was pending FIFA approval. LINK
Tobi17 wrote:I believe Ademola's fifa switch to represent Nigeria has already been approved, so yeah...there you go.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It's gonna be very very very tough for him to get a call.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It's gonna be very very very tough for him to get a call.
Truly, these are interesting times it’s not like before when Shittu and Shola Ameobi
didn’t have to worry about making the team despite being ignored at club level, Lookman isn’t that bad but I wouldn’t ask about him at present.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chxta wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Has Lookman alerted FIFA that he’s Nigerian?
That is what I want to know.
Then since you dont know whether Ademola is an Eagle, you should have made this post on the World Football Forum. As my lesson teacher in Benin, when I was a boy :D I expect quite a lot from you. This is very disappointing.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Chxta wrote:I came across this graphic. Biko does Ademila Lookman qualify as a Nigerian player?
He is a Nigerian citizen and he can still play for the SE. Of course he is a Nigerian player
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

aruako1 wrote:
Chxta wrote:I came across this graphic. Biko does Ademila Lookman qualify as a Nigerian player?
He is a Nigerian citizen and he can still play for the SE. Of course he is a Nigerian player
It’s a valid question since the boy was born in Wandsworth and has represented England at U19,U20 and U21 and this is football so citizenship alone is not enough to switch allegiances.The best way to answer the question is not to assume just prove that he has made the switch and post it or let someone who knows answer.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
It’s a valid question since the boy was born in Wandsworth and has represented England at U19,U20 and U21 and this is football so citizenship alone is not enough to switch allegiances.The best way to answer the question is not to assume just prove that he has made the switch and post it or let someone who knows answer.
He is still eligible to play for the SE until he plays for the England senior team in a competitive game. He is a Nigerian citizen as well.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: He is still eligible to play for the SE until he plays for the England senior team in a competitive game. He is a Nigerian citizen as well.
Does that make him an Eagle? It is clear you guys want to destroy this forum. No problem! I am going to start opening threads as well.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He applied for a switch of allegiance around the same time Ejaria did. His application should be approved anytime from now. I don't understand why there is so much confusion here. Basic research would clear this up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

aruako1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
He is still eligible to play for the SE until he plays for the England senior team in a competitive game. He is a Nigerian citizen as well.
He has/had to apply for a switch from FIFA first he couldn't just turn up and play!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote: He is still eligible to play for the SE until he plays for the England senior team in a competitive game. He is a Nigerian citizen as well.
Does that make him an Eagle? It is clear you guys want to destroy this forum. No problem! I am going to start opening threads as well.
Eagles Nest is for players who are eligible to play for Nigeria. Feel free to open as many threads as possible. If people are interested they will respond.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
He has/had to apply for a switch from FIFA first he couldn't just turn up and play!
Yes. But he can still play for Nigeria unlike Dele Alli for instance.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Eagles Nest is for players who are eligible to play for Nigeria. Feel free to open as many threads as possible. If people are interested they will respond.
Araoko1, This is a pathological lie! EaglesNest is for Eagles! We have had this discussion in the past and agreed on the definition. The only narrow expansion to that definition was the inclusion of Falcons and youth teams within the definition of "Eagles."

Thats one of the reason many told us that EaglesNest will die because the Eagles do not play often.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Araoko1, This is a pathological lie! EaglesNest is for Eagles! We have had this discussion in the past and agreed on the definition. The only narrow expansion to that definition was the inclusion of Falcons and youth teams within the definition of "Eagles."

Thats one of the reason many told us that EaglesNest will die because the Eagles do not play often.
Eagles Nest discusses Nigerian football. Do we discuss the Nigerian league on World Soccer? If the answer is no, do all Nigerian league players play in the Super Eagles?

We created the distinction to separate threads about foreign football from Nigerian football threads. Admittedly, it is not a perfect distinction as some topics may include foreign and Nigerian football elements but at least EN is now dominated by Nigerian football topics. The Lookman thread is relevant on EN because he can still play for Nigeria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

How can that be? So where would the NPFL sit in your narrow, self-serving definition of Eagles Nest?
Its own NPFL forum? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The debate was wide and extensive and eventually we settled on what we now have. On this matter you are obsessed with pedantry. The rules are there as a guide only and everyone is expected to use common sense to interpret the guidelines.

Enugu II's post in the debate back then was key in determining the framework:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294599&hilit=nest&start=46#p5427701

Enugu II wrote:Cellular,

My solutions are, I believe, doable and I list them below:

1. We already have several fora/forums under the title "Soccer Related." Why not create a forum/category designated European or Non-Nigerian football. Such a forum should not be restrictive. Let people open any threads on Euro football as they please and discuss at length. Lift all restrictions currently existing where all topics are hidden under a single thread.

2. The Eagles Nest should strictly be for Super Eagles and Nigerian football to reflect its name. If it isn't as active as the above category, so be it. It will only reflect what we think is the reality with Nigerian fans. Reflecting this reality is not a bad thing.

3. If #1 and #2 above are not workable (I won't why they aren't workable), then let's ditch the name Eagles Nest and name the forum appropriately e.g. Global Soccer and allow what is now going on, which is anything goes about football.

In conclusion, if there is a forum strictly for Nigerian football called Eagles Nest, there definitely will be participation. I do believe that discussion of Nigerian players and their performance in European clubs belong in the Eagles Nest e.g. Omeruo's performance at Leganes, Chukwueze at Villarreal, Iwobi at Arsenal, Mikel at Middlesborough etc. However, what should be a no-no in Eagles Nest is discussing Chelsea v Liverpool, Lionel Messi at Barcelona, or Ronaldo at Juventus. Such discussions should be shutdown and moved to either Non-Nigerian Football Forum or Global Soccer Forum. If that means that the Eagles Nest will be at a low ebb when Eagles are not playing, so be it. There are several forums/fora now existing on this site where the last posting is April or even much earlier and such forums/fora continue to exist. So what is the problem with having reduced traffic on Eagles Nest? I do not see a problem, if you ask me.
The slight modification to the highlighted is that Nigeria-eligible players remain part of the Super Eagles and therefore Eagles Nest discussion.
It is why Tomori and Abraham are no longer while Eze and Saka and many others still are - including the nonentities you quite diligently posted for our attention over the weekend. We appreciate, but no thanks. :taunt:

I would be very worried if this was very hard for you to understand but I am confident you do and are simply being your usual controversial self.
But it keeps the forum alive. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

How can that be? So where would the NPFL sit in your narrow, self-serving definition of Eagles Nest?
Its own NPFL forum? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The debate was wide and extensive and eventually we settled on what we now have. On this matter you are obsessed with pedantry. The rules are there as a guide only and everyone is expected to use common sense to interpret the guidelines.

Enugu II's post in the debate back then was key in determining the framework:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294599&hilit=nest&start=46#p5427701

Enugu II wrote:Cellular,

My solutions are, I believe, doable and I list them below:

1. We already have several fora/forums under the title "Soccer Related." Why not create a forum/category designated European or Non-Nigerian football. Such a forum should not be restrictive. Let people open any threads on Euro football as they please and discuss at length. Lift all restrictions currently existing where all topics are hidden under a single thread.

2. The Eagles Nest should strictly be for Super Eagles and Nigerian football to reflect its name. If it isn't as active as the above category, so be it. It will only reflect what we think is the reality with Nigerian fans. Reflecting this reality is not a bad thing.

3. If #1 and #2 above are not workable (I won't why they aren't workable), then let's ditch the name Eagles Nest and name the forum appropriately e.g. Global Soccer and allow what is now going on, which is anything goes about football.

In conclusion, if there is a forum strictly for Nigerian football called Eagles Nest, there definitely will be participation. I do believe that discussion of Nigerian players and their performance in European clubs belong in the Eagles Nest e.g. Omeruo's performance at Leganes, Chukwueze at Villarreal, Iwobi at Arsenal, Mikel at Middlesborough etc. However, what should be a no-no in Eagles Nest is discussing Chelsea v Liverpool, Lionel Messi at Barcelona, or Ronaldo at Juventus. Such discussions should be shutdown and moved to either Non-Nigerian Football Forum or Global Soccer Forum. If that means that the Eagles Nest will be at a low ebb when Eagles are not playing, so be it. There are several forums/fora now existing on this site where the last posting is April or even much earlier and such forums/fora continue to exist. So what is the problem with having reduced traffic on Eagles Nest? I do not see a problem, if you ask me.
The slight modification to the highlighted is that Nigeria-eligible players remain part of the Super Eagles and therefore Eagles Nest discussion.
It is why Tomori and Abraham are no longer while Eze and Saka and many others still are - including the nonentities you quite diligently posted for our attention over the weekend. We appreciate, but no thanks. :taunt:

I would be very worried if this was very hard for you to understand but I am confident you do and are simply being your usual controversial self.
But it keeps the forum alive. :D