Fenerbahce Prepare Loan Bid For Iheanacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

surakat
Egg
Egg

Post by surakat »

https://www.completesports.com/fenerbah ... iheanacho/

August 12, 2020 8:21 am

Turkish Super Lig outfit Fenerbahce are keen to sign Kelechi Iheanacho on a two-year loan deal from Leicester City, reports Completesports.com.

Fenerbahce, according to m.fotospor.com want the 23-year-old to replace Vedat Muriqi and are set to offer the Foxes €12m to secure his services.

Iheanacho struggled for regular playing time at Leicester City last season, with the arrival of Ayoze Perez from Newcastle United further pushing him back in the pecking order.

The Nigerian international scored five goals in 20 league appearances for Brendan Rodgers’s side last season.

Leicester City according to reports are willing to allow the versatile forward leave the club to finance a move for Celtic’s Odsonne Edouard.

Iheanacho linked up with Leicester City from Manchester City in 2017.

oju lo pe si!

Uche Shriners Club...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0D82yjA2o
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fenerbahce Prepare Loan Bid For Iheanacho

Post by vancity eagle »

Unacceptable that a young striker who has aspirations to pay for SE goes from premiership to Turkey.

The guy should go no worse than the French league. He should kiss SE goodbye if he makes a boneheaded move as such.

Rohr needs to mandate that any player in a position in which we are loaded should kiss SE goodbye playing any lower than the French , Portuguese, league.

Enough of this Turkey garbage.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:Unacceptable that a young striker who has aspirations to pay for SE goes from premiership to Turkey.

The guy should go no worse than the French league. He should kiss SE goodbye if he makes a boneheaded move as such.

Rohr needs to mandate that any player in a position in which we are loaded should kiss SE goodbye playing any lower than the French , Portuguese, league.

Enough of this Turkey garbage.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You now be Coach wey dey select players.
:rotf: :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The bottom line is that SE is now at a level of depth we have never had in our history.

I cannot see any position other than goal keeper where we should be selecting players in any league worse than the French or Portugese league.

Rohr seems to be on the same page advising players not to go to Turkey

Of course there will be a few outliers like Aribo in Scotland, who really should be looking to move IMO.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The turkish teams should stop going after our players.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

1naija wrote:The turkish teams should stop going after our players.
They will try,Nigerian Players are of a good quality once they prove themselves but this is Europe and Europeans are conservative and put a higher standard on average players from their own country so Leagues such as Turkeys and those of similar standing will be attracted to our players but Kelechi’s agent should look elsewhere if he doesn’t want Kelechi to end up as as n after thought.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Better than seating on the bench in Leicester. They are even shopping for other strikers meaning his playing time will likely reduce more.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Clear sign of failure
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:Clear sign of failure
Ambassador Rawlings; come-on, easy!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote:The bottom line is that SE is now at a level of depth we have never had in our history.

I cannot see any position other than goal keeper where we should be selecting players in any league worse than the French or Portugese league.

Rohr seems to be on the same page advising players not to go to Turkey

Of course there will be a few outliers like Aribo in Scotland, who really should be looking to move IMO.
Really? Why didn't he convince Musa?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

SAD
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

JJ
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

So Leicester, who will have more matches next season with Europa League, a 34 year old first choice striker, and a very short window to pursue replacements in difficult economic times, are going to going to get rid of their main backup striker on loan, with little to no financial reward? I could see him being sold, but loaning him as though he is not needed makes no sense to me, especially since they'll need to buy a replacement. Also, contrary to what the article says, Iheanacho did not really struggle for time after he started playing in December. He played consistently, even if Rodgers seemed to have a love/hate relationship with him and subbed him often.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...he might as well go collect money. Life at epl is dwindling.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olumide wrote:So Leicester, who will have more matches next season with Europa League, a 34 year old first choice striker, and a very short window to pursue replacements in difficult economic times, are going to going to get rid of their main backup striker on loan, with little to no financial reward? I could see him being sold, but loaning him as though he is not needed makes no sense to me, especially since they'll need to buy a replacement. Also, contrary to what the article says, Iheanacho did not really struggle for time after he started playing in December. He played consistently, even if Rodgers seemed to have a love/hate relationship with him and subbed him often.
It simply means one thing: Nacho is not the backup striker they believe can help achieve their goals.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Damunk wrote:
olumide wrote:So Leicester, who will have more matches next season with Europa League, a 34 year old first choice striker, and a very short window to pursue replacements in difficult economic times, are going to going to get rid of their main backup striker on loan, with little to no financial reward? I could see him being sold, but loaning him as though he is not needed makes no sense to me, especially since they'll need to buy a replacement. Also, contrary to what the article says, Iheanacho did not really struggle for time after he started playing in December. He played consistently, even if Rodgers seemed to have a love/hate relationship with him and subbed him often.
It simply means one thing: Nacho is not the backup striker they believe can help achieve their goals.
Given the source, I think it more likely means the story is complete BS.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olumide wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Given the source, I think it more likely means the story is complete BS.
But they quoted fotospor.com as their source.

Probably this:
https://www.fotospor.com/haber-fenerbah ... edi-391767
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

This could be true, a lot of sites are reporting this:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... n=sharebar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He’d be wise to go with an Aston Villa if possible
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why not offer Nacho and cash to Celtic for for the striker they want? At least he'll get to play CL and still meet his passport residency requirements in the U.K. Abi?

This is who Leicester is after. I might be biased but is he really that much better than Nacho?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrH657PlHo[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Why not offer Nacho and cash to Celtic for for the striker they want? At least he'll get to play CL and still meet his passport residency requirements in the U.K. Abi?

This is who Leicester is after. I might be biased but is he really that much better than Nacho?
I think you might be biased. I think we are all biased when it comes to Nacho.
The least you should be able to admit is that this guy would be attracting serious interest if he were Nigerian - which would mean he'd be competing with Nacho for a SE place.

Even as things stand, Nacho is under serious pressure to hold down a SE place.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Why not offer Nacho and cash to Celtic for for the striker they want? At least he'll get to play CL and still meet his passport residency requirements in the U.K. Abi?

The least you should be able to admit is that this guy would be attracting serious interest if he were Nigerian - which would mean he'd be competing with Nacho for a SE place.

Is he though Conversely attracting interest because he is not Nigerian and Nacho repulsing interest because he is not French or Brazilian
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Is he though Conversely attracting interest because he is not Nigerian and Nacho repulsing interest because he is not French or Brazilian
Good point, but bottom line for me is that Nacho has not turned out to be the world class striker we all anticipated him to become.
But we still believe in him and truth be told, we are holding on to that belief and quickly make excuses for him.

If Nacho had no connection with Nigeria, I am certain that Nigerians would have been very liberal with their insults towards him.