Kickback with Nedum Podcast: Eberechi Eze

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kickback with Nedum Podcast: Eberechi Eze

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote:We really should blacklist this manipulative boy. I doubt if England will cap him at full international level. BBC football just did a write-up on 11 prospects, who could gate crash the England squad for Euro 2021, he's not even mentioned.
His eyes would soon clear!
He is young and it is a big decision. Victor Moses didn't come round immediately and he turned out to be great for us.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

aruako1 wrote:
Dammy wrote:We really should blacklist this manipulative boy. I doubt if England will cap him at full international level. BBC football just did a write-up on 11 prospects, who could gate crash the England squad for Euro 2021, he's not even mentioned.
He is young and it is a big decision. Victor Moses didn't come round immediately and he turned out to be great for us.
I wouldnt consider him young in the "football sense", he's at the prime age to make a decision regarding his international leanings... otherwise he might end up been another promising player stuck in the wilderness of international football at 28 years of age.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

jette1 wrote:
Aswani wrote:
jette1 wrote:. Like you said Nedum said if he had the stability at that time he wouldn’t even have any doubt of what country to play for. He mentioned that rumore he was begging for England was totally false because Nigeria no doubt would have been his first choice.
What stability exactly was Nedum talking about? Like Ehiogu (RIP), he was at best an England squad member but preferred that over playing for the Eagles.

As per the "begging for England", what exactly do those nonsense words mean? England is a country that you play for if you are good enough and neither Nedum nor Ehiogu were.

I have no issues with these British boys of Nigerian ancestry wanting to play for England over Naija but no one should turn up and start trying to rewrite history, please.

Nedum and Ehiogu would have been a fantastic centre back pairing for the Eagles, they chose not to and that is OK, albeit painful.

I hope Eze does well for England if that's his choice.
“England is country you play for if you are good enough” oh yea? So Moses and Iwobi weren’t good enough? And what stability was he talking about; must he tell you his personal day to day challenges for him to be authentic? Do you tell him yours
And for your information Nedum Is not a brutish boy with Nigerian ancestry he was In fact born in Nigeria per self report
jette1, I didn't set up a podcast and talk vaguely about "stability".

I lived and worked amongst City fans, when Nedum started breaking into the team in the mid 2000's (If memory serves). I know how very highly they rated him, what they expected from him career wise. Bear in mind City was a mid table team then at best, not the behemoth it is now.

I am aware Nedum was born in Nigeria and I don't need to be a rocket scientist to know he is now British. Nedum wanted to play for England because he feels English or British or whatever and that would have helped his profile, like I said, that is OK. Nedum Onuoha has to do what is best for Nedum Onuoha.

My concern is with being English during your career and Nigerian after it is over (George Boateng is pulling that stunt as well with Holland and Ghana). Before this gets misinterpreted, I am trying to say don't avoid playing for Nigeria during your career and then claim otherwise after it is over.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Aswani wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Aswani wrote:
jette1 wrote:. Like you said Nedum said if he had the stability at that time he wouldn’t even have any doubt of what country to play for. He mentioned that rumore he was begging for England was totally false because Nigeria no doubt would have been his first choice.
What stability exactly was Nedum talking about? Like Ehiogu (RIP), he was at best an England squad member but preferred that over playing for the Eagles.

As per the "begging for England", what exactly do those nonsense words mean? England is a country that you play for if you are good enough and neither Nedum nor Ehiogu were.

I have no issues with these British boys of Nigerian ancestry wanting to play for England over Naija but no one should turn up and start trying to rewrite history, please.

Nedum and Ehiogu would have been a fantastic centre back pairing for the Eagles, they chose not to and that is OK, albeit painful.

“England is country you play for if you are good enough” oh yea? So Moses and Iwobi weren’t good enough? And what stability was he talking about; must he tell you his personal day to day challenges for him to be authentic? Do you tell him yours
And for your information Nedum Is not a brutish boy with Nigerian ancestry he was In fact born in Nigeria per self report

I lived and worked amongst City fans, when Nedum started breaking into the team in the mid 2000's (If memory serves). I know how very highly they rated him, what they expected from him career wise. Bear in mind City was a mid table team then at best, not the behemoth it is now.

I am aware Nedum was born in Nigeria and I don't need to be a rocket scientist to know he is now British. Nedum wanted to play for England because he feels English or British or whatever and that would have helped his profile, like I said, that is OK. Nedum Onuoha has to do what is best for Nedum Onuoha.

My concern is with being English during your career and Nigerian after it is over (George Boateng is pulling that stunt as well with Holland and Ghana). Before this gets misinterpreted, I am trying to say don't avoid playing for Nigeria during your career and then claim otherwise after it is over.
The issue in this forum is that you guys think Football is a hobby for these players....it’s their livelihood and it is for a short period. They have to do the best thing for them and their family before national royalty comes into question.

Let’s take Chilwell....if is name is Chinenye...do you think Chelsea will pay £50m for him or even try it? Again let’s take Vardy....if he is Nigerian and Kelechi is British....do you think Kelechi won’t get more opportunities than he got?

Do you think JJ Okocha would not be a Ballon d’or candidate if he was Brazilian or English...?

This is their job...and they Livelihood...no guarantee when it will end or how...ain’t like there is a massive Pension for them after the SE....for the three Lions....there is.

So we have to celebrate the likes of Moses and Iwobi....cos they picked Nigeria despite the drawbacks and not because we are great (we will be soon- I can see it).

The once that are on the fence.....it is not Becos of lack of Love for the country but because of circumstances.....

Even ex Nigerian footballers are not “encouraging” their kids to play for SE. Moses was adopted still he played for GWG even though without Mikel, he really didn’t belong there....No way he doesn’t get a call up to the England squad when he played for conte....he was special

Iwobi was the next thing at Arsenal esp after the night in Barcelona and I know for a fact that the England coach called him.....and him & his father told him categorically that he was Nigerian Becos of his parents that’s without an international call up from us - so we should celebrate them

As for Eze....he needs a big move, as an England team prospect? He is worth a lot more than a Nigerian team prospect and so is his wages.....let’s wish him well and see what happens.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tobi17 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
I wouldnt consider him young in the "football sense", he's at the prime age to make a decision regarding his international leanings... otherwise he might end up been another promising player stuck in the wilderness of international football at 28 years of age.

He is still being pulled both ways. He had wanted to play for Nigeria so his heart is with us. The England U-21 callup muddied the waters for him. He just doesn't want to make a hasty decision. We need to be patient with some of these young players and show them love. From the podcast I got the impression that he was really torn.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The guy said he would have regrets if he had played for the SE. He opened his mouth and said so in that interview. However some are still digging for the Eze dude....smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The guy said he would have regrets if he had played for the SE. He opened his mouth and said so in that interview. However some are still digging for the Eze dude....smh
Sad to hear...seems like a hard headed chap, his regrets will change over time, then he will start saying Nigeria never approached him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:The guy said he would have regrets if he had played for the SE. He opened his mouth and said so in that interview. However some are still digging for the Eze dude....smh
He didn't say that.
He even went on to clarify what he had said.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Sad to hear...seems like a hard headed chap, his regrets will change over time, then he will start saying Nigeria never approached him...
You need to listen carefully to what was said.
Basically he was saying that he realised he didn't want to "regret" making an uninformed decision "either way" which might have happened at that early stage of his career (when he trained with the SE in London). Nedum then warned him to avoid using the word "regret" whichever nation he eventually chooses.

Seems people are hearing what they want to hear so they can justify their negative feelings towards the guy.
Maybe I should post the transcript of that section of the conversation.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Since Mourinho has blocked his move to Tottenham (which was tee'd up by Poch), it seems he will have to settle for Crystal Palace.

I assume Southgate will head to Palace to watch him regularly. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Basically he was saying that he realised he didn't want to "regret" making an uninformed decision "either way" which might have happened at that early stage of his career (when he trained with the SE in London). Nedum then warned him to avoid using the word "regret" whichever nation he eventually chooses.

Seems people are hearing what they want to hear so they can justify their negative feelings towards the guy.
I have a little time today so listening to more of it now...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:Since Mourinho has blocked his move to Tottenham (which was tee'd up by Poch), it seems he will have to settle for Crystal Palace.

I assume Southgate will head to Palace to watch him regularly. :lol:
Can you imagine, nah Crystal palace this Eze dey use the SE shakara for..kai wonders will never end. Can someone tell us where QPR finished last season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enyi wrote:
Aswani wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Aswani wrote:

The issue in this forum is that you guys think Football is a hobby for these players....it’s their livelihood and it is for a short period. They have to do the best thing for them and their family before national royalty comes into question.

Let’s take Chilwell....if is name is Chinenye...do you think Chelsea will pay £50m for him or even try it? Again let’s take Vardy....if he is Nigerian and Kelechi is British....do you think Kelechi won’t get more opportunities than he got?

Do you think JJ Okocha would not be a Ballon d’or candidate if he was Brazilian or English...?

This is their job...and they Livelihood...no guarantee when it will end or how...ain’t like there is a massive Pension for them after the SE....for the three Lions....there is.

So we have to celebrate the likes of Moses and Iwobi....cos they picked Nigeria despite the drawbacks and not because we are great (we will be soon- I can see it).

The once that are on the fence.....it is not Becos of lack of Love for the country but because of circumstances.....

Even ex Nigerian footballers are not “encouraging” their kids to play for SE. Moses was adopted still he played for GWG even though without Mikel, he really didn’t belong there....No way he doesn’t get a call up to the England squad when he played for conte....he was special

Iwobi was the next thing at Arsenal esp after the night in Barcelona and I know for a fact that the England coach called him.....and him & his father told him categorically that he was Nigerian Becos of his parents that’s without an international call up from us - so we should celebrate them

As for Eze....he needs a big move, as an England team prospect? He is worth a lot more than a Nigerian team prospect and so is his wages.....let’s wish him well and see what happens.
Bro, I understand your comments very well and don't have a problem with these players if they choose to play for England or any other country.
The problem I have is when they use Nigeria to leverage their chances with their preferred options like Abraham, Tomori, Billings, Danjuma etc have done and Eze appears to be doing.
This boy visits the NFF President in his house, takes pictures, appears to give a commitment and then gets invited to the England U21 squad.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I have a little time today so listening to more of it now...
I listened and so basically when he was a lazy bum and moving from club he was happy to come train with Naija but once he had a chance with Ingurland he said hold up now, let me not make a decision I’m a regret, like being an International would be a regrettable thing. Nedum tried to save him but he let us know his true feelings. Ingurland is his preferred choice and he wouldn’t want to ruin that option by jumping to Naija to early. So to me sounding like another Tammy, oh well...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Owngoalnigeria is reporting that Saka told England to give him time to make up his mind about his international future. If true, my respect for the boy has gone up and even if he eventually settles for England, my respect for him will not diminish because he didn't use Nigeria to get England's attention.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Owngoalnigeria is reporting that Saka told England to give him time to make up his mind about his international future. If true, my respect for the boy has gone up and even if he eventually settles for England, my respect for him will not diminish because he didn't use Nigeria to get England's attention.
Not that I'm a great fan of owngoal.com, but this goes to show that there is so much that goes on behind the scenes and people i.e. fans just go with their emotions and ascribe blame and praise accordingly. They react to the little they see and hear and then reach their own conclusions.

England and Arsenal fans at this point in time will probably be insulting Southgate. Nigerian fans have already labelled the kid a ditherer simply because he hasn't made up his mind. If this story turns out to be true the boy suddenly becomes a hero. Meanwhile, na di same boy dem abuse yesterday.
Same with Eze's story.

These choices are career-defining and to be honest, I don't know whether I would have been able to make such huge life-changing choices so easily at 18 or even 21.
It so happens that at that age most of us were still being 'managed' by our parents and THEY told us what to do and what not to do.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Enyi wrote:
Aswani wrote: jette1, I didn't set up a podcast and talk vaguely about "stability".

Brother Enyi, I am not sure why you quoted me as our opinions appear not to be differ.

My main "interest" in this thread is to do with Nedum Onuoha having an "England or Nothing" stance during his career and now talking about "lack of stability" stopping him playing for Nigeria.

Whatever Eze decides to do, I hope he does well out of it. Same as Lukman or whomever else has Nigerian ancestry. They were brought up in the English system and England should rightfully have first dibs.

If Nedum had said in the podcast he only wanted to play for England but is a fan of the Eagles, I would not begrudge him. His life, his choice. It's the (attempt at) rewriting history that gets me.

My attitude to these guys choosing England changed when I read about Reuben Agboola and how the poor guy suffered in trying to get his appearance money from the NFA. They continued to waste his time and pulled him form pillar to post until he gave up and left the money for them.

Our best two players currently are Kelechi and Etebo, they are Nigerians born and bred. Even without those brought up in other countries systems, we would still do Ok.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Bro, I understand your comments very well and don't have a problem with these players if they choose to play for England or any other country.
The problem I have is when they use Nigeria to leverage their chances with their preferred options like Abraham, Tomori, Billings, Danjuma etc have done and Eze appears to be doing.
This boy visits the NFF President in his house, takes pictures, appears to give a commitment and then gets invited to the England U21 squad.
The boy was invited by the NFF President, he honoured an invitation. He didn´t go for a visit.

Secondly, u-21 squad seems to be a rite of passage. Once he is done with junior international football, he will make up his mind.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:Let this Eze go and play for England. The new FIFA rules means that England would not waste their caps trying to cap-tie players.
He should learn from Billings who after all the shakara he did for Nigeria has not been called up by the new Danish coach, who persuaded him to turn his back on Nigeria.
You know the true story and behind the scenes with Billings....

Did Naija reach out to him first or Billings reach out first.

Was he not the big fish you teased CE about. Now, you seem happy he wasn´t called up the Danish national team.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Saka never said he needed time. He was called and told that he will be part of the U-21 and that he is being monitored. I suspect same for Eze.

I don’t think SE desperately needs Saka or Eze....they ain’t no Alaba....and we survived him. He actually came calling and SE said No.

We saw the likes of Barkley, Alli, Tomori(angel*- warned him), Tammy and co come and go and SE is still a powerhouse.

My issue is actually on the guys that DECIDED to wear the GWG....the Iwobi’s, Ekong, Balogun, Ajayi, Moses....We should celebrate them and understand the sacrifices they made and not start stupid threads like...should we swap Iwobi with Pulisic.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Eze has pulled out of England U21 matches. No reason was given for his withdrawal.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:Eze has pulled out of England U21 matches. No reason was given for his withdrawal.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301552&p=5604340#p5604284
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Aswani wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Aswani wrote:

Bro, I understand your comments very well and don't have a problem with these players if they choose to play for England or any other country.
I thought it was the other way around,didn't the NFF President visit Eze and claim he'll choose Nigeria?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI