Victor Osimhen Debut Hattrick For Napoli

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Victor Osimhen Debut Hattrick For Napoli

Post by YUJAM »

Trying to be clever eh? I overlooked the Euro angle but if we want to go down this route, then let’s use the exchange rate when Osimhen signed the contract on July 13 and the actual transfer fee which was 70 million Euros minus the bonuses which are not guaranteed. Pull out your calculator and calculate again. The rate was 1.13 then

danfo driver wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Uncle, I found your post:
YUJAM wrote:105 milla would be a monumental money miss road move. Victor is full of potential but I think he’s worth a max of 60 milla USDs
you couldnt imagine the money-miss road would be more than 50 million Euros. Napoli paid 80 million Euros. :taunt:
Thanks for reminding me how close I was to his valuation. They paid 70 milla upfront. Bonuses aren’t guaranteed so let’s just say they paid 70. Now tell me which is closer to 70, 105 or 60?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The 105 was in USD and your 60 was in USD as well.

So their 105m USD = 88m Euros // while your 60m USD = 50m Euros.

The deal for Osimhen from Lille to Napoli is 81m Euros

81m Euros = 96.4m USD.

Uncle:

which is closer to 81? 88 or 50? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

which is closer to 96.4? 105 or 60? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief what does me hyping Obodo have to do with this? Given how long we’ve been around this forum, I am sure there’s an instance of ‘hype gone wrong’ for all the old timers including yourself.

Here’s C Ron’s account of the defensive nature of the league and it’s interesting that he’s not lighting up the league like he did in La Liga:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... e.amp.html

But according to DaMunk La Liga is actually better defensively than Serie A.

Truth is there’s more than one way to interpret these stats to make a determination of how defensive a league is. I’ll leave that determination to the data scientists. But what we’ve known for a long time is Italians are good at defending both legal and illegally FWIW

Gotti wrote:
YUJAM wrote:The overhyping starts again but this is nothing new on CE. The Italians are masters of defense, legal and illegal. It will be tough for him to score many goals in that league. I am excited for him though. I think he has all the tools to excel with time. I’ll be watching Serie A more this season.
Abegi, where's the "overhyping"? :blink:

He scored a hat-trick in his first 8 mins of a preseason game and was reported (with video evidence to boot), even going as far as noting the much lower quality of opposition (than what he would normally face in Serie A). Why do you consider such a reporting/discussion of actual FACTS to constitute "overhyping"? Frankly, if you want to see real overhyping, troll the archives and check out some dude who was virtually canonizing Chris Obodo on these pages a while ago ( :wink: ).

Meanwhile, it might interest you know that Victor's old club Lille only managed 35 league goals this past season, while his new club Napoli recorded 61 goals (albeit in ten more games due to the Covid-enforced premature end to the French season). Similarly, Atalanta recorded 98 goals (again in more games) than PSG's 75 (and PSG is by far the highest scoring team in France, with the next highest-scoring club being Lyon with 42). Seems your PERCEPTION (rather than reality) of both leagues is a wee bit outdated.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote:Chief what does me hyping Obodo have to do with this? Given how long we’ve been around this forum, I am sure there’s an instance of ‘hype gone wrong’ for all the old timers including yourself.

Here’s C Ron’s account of the defensive nature of the league and it’s interesting that he’s not lighting up the league like he did in La Liga:

Truth is there’s more than one way to interpret these stats to make a determination of how defensive a league is. I’ll leave that determination to the data scientists. But what we’ve known for a long time is Italians are good at defending both legal and illegally FWIW

Gotti wrote:
YUJAM wrote:The overhyping starts again but this is nothing new on CE. The Italians are masters of defense, legal and illegal. It will be tough for him to score many goals in that league. I am excited for him though. I think he has all the tools to excel with time. I’ll be watching Serie A more this season.

He scored a hat-trick in his first 8 mins of a preseason game and was reported (with video evidence to boot), even going as far as noting the much lower quality of opposition (than what he would normally face in Serie A). Why do you consider such a reporting/discussion of actual FACTS to constitute "overhyping"? Frankly, if you want to see real overhyping, troll the archives and check out some dude who was virtually canonizing Chris Obodo on these pages a while ago ( :wink: ).

Meanwhile, it might interest you know that Victor's old club Lille only managed 35 league goals this past season, while his new club Napoli recorded 61 goals (albeit in ten more games due to the Covid-enforced premature end to the French season). Similarly, Atalanta recorded 98 goals (again in more games) than PSG's 75 (and PSG is by far the highest scoring team in France, with the next highest-scoring club being Lyon with 42). Seems your PERCEPTION (rather than reality) of both leagues is a wee bit outdated.
You would rather take opinion of an aging Ronaldo who is no longer in his prime over stats/facts? Fact is the same Lukaku went on to score twice as many goals in Serie A as he did the previous season in the EPL. Atalanta was scoring anyhow last season. And I watched the league last season esp teams that had Nigerian players and the league is littered with poor finishers. Our boy is a damn good finisher so I expect him to have a very good season. And it stops being ‘hype’ when a team pays over 71million Euros for you, it’s time for folks to wake up and recognize. They are gonna give him every chance to justify that amount and unlike the likes of Pepe who you didn’t seem to mind hyping he is actually worth it...I’m just praying for an injury free year!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

But Lukaku’s total with Everton his first season was 25 in 37 which is really similar to his first year stat at Inter. By the time he got to Man U his stats dropped significantly. That’s why you have to look beyond the stats.

Trust me I believe in Osimhen’s abilities. I just think it’s important to set reasonable expectations. The higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment when he doesn’t hit those high marks. And tgat wouldn’t be fair to him.
maceo4 wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Chief what does me hyping Obodo have to do with this? Given how long we’ve been around this forum, I am sure there’s an instance of ‘hype gone wrong’ for all the old timers including yourself.

Gotti wrote:

You would rather take opinion of an aging Ronaldo who is no longer in his prime over stats/facts? Fact is the same Lukaku went on to score twice as many goals in Serie A as he did the previous season in the EPL. Atalanta was scoring anyhow last season. And I watched the league last season esp teams that had Nigerian players and the league is littered with poor finishers. Our boy is a damn good finisher so I expect him to have a very good season. And it stops being ‘hype’ when a team pays over 71million Euros for you, it’s time for folks to wake up and recognize. They are gonna give him every chance to justify that amount and unlike the likes of Pepe who you didn’t seem to mind hyping he is actually worth it...I’m just praying for an injury free year!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Has nothing to do with his age then? :D

Meanwhile, even though it was a facetious remark, the comparison of your admitted “overhyping” of Obodo is relevant to this thread because it was based on your speculative predictions of the future rather than a mere reportage of actual past factual events as in this thread. There are scores of reason why a promising young prospect may ultimately not live up to potential, but your adverse reaction to a thread that was merely reporting factual events and your doubling down since is frankly befuddling. It shouldn’t be that serious buddy!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I don’t think my reaction was adverse at all. Cautionary? Yes. But an adverse reaction would indicate that I don’t want him to succeed which is simply not true.

Gotti wrote:

Has nothing to do with his age then? :D

Meanwhile, even though it was a facetious remark, the comparison of your admitted “overhyping” of Obodo is relevant to this thread because it was based on your speculative predictions of the future rather than a mere reportage of actual past factual events as in this thread. There are scores of reason why a promising young prospect may ultimately not live up to potential, but your adverse reaction to a thread that was merely reporting factual events and your doubling down since is frankly befuddling. It shouldn’t be that serious buddy!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kalani JR wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Fear dey catch me for Osihmen o. The fans will have ridiculous expectations of him. E for don score jeje and save some for real games. :laugh:
We should all have high expectations of Nigerians.
I think having high expectation is good; unfortunately, it sometimes become a liability for all (the player and fans)
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Odas wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Fear dey catch me for Osihmen o. The fans will have ridiculous expectations of him. E for don score jeje and save some for real games. :laugh:
We should all have high expectations of Nigerians.
I think having high expectation is good; unfortunately, it sometimes become a liability for all (the player and fans)
Can be a 'liability' or motivation...
But it is ALWAYS good to aim high!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

Another hat-trick today.