Not an Owngoal source

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Not an Owngoal source

Post by Tobi17 »

My guy Patrick just told me on whatsapp that he got inside scoops that Rohr has convinced Felix Uduokhai and Jordan torunarigha(sp) to switch their allegiance to Nigeria, and they both want to don the gwg and join the SE camp for the friendly matches next month. Also Felix Agu, Osigwe and some highly rated young GK based in Latvia will also be called up
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Not an Owngoal source

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:My guy Patrick just told me on whatsapp that he got inside scoops that Rohr has convinced Felix Uduokhai and Jordan torunarigha(sp) to switch their allegiance to Nigeria, and they both want to don the gwg and join the SE camp for the friendly matches next month. Also Felix Agu, Osigwe and some highly rated young GK based in Latvia will also be called up
Can they switch their allegiance within a month?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:My guy Patrick just told me on whatsapp that he got inside scoops that Rohr has convinced Felix Uduokhai and Jordan torunarigha(sp) to switch their allegiance to Nigeria, and they both want to don the gwg and join the SE camp for the friendly matches next month. Also Felix Agu, Osigwe and some highly rated young GK based in Latvia will also be called up
Has he got a new club yet?
Cos he left his old club in Switzerland at the end of the season.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Damunk wrote:

He has since joined FC Lugano.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This is massive news!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The guy experienced racial abuse from Schalke fans recently and the incident made headline news in Germany.
I wonder how that played out in his head.

He is asked about it here.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

doctorollie wrote:
Damunk wrote:

He has since joined FC Lugano.
Thanks Doc! :thumb:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Can we become a top team by picking up scraps that other teams dont want? Udokhai and Torunarigha have both finally realized that they will never ever make the German team so they have to reluctantly play for SE. That is not the SE i want. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How do these 2 compare to our current CBs

Plus Adarabioyo.

Well looks like centre back may now be our deepest position.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can we become a top team by picking up scraps that other teams dont want? Udokhai and Torunarigha have both finally realized that they will never ever make the German team so they have to reluctantly play for SE. That is not the SE i want. :thumb:
I have mixed feelings.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can we become a top team by picking up scraps that other teams dont want? Udokhai and Torunarigha have both finally realized that they will never ever make the German team so they have to reluctantly play for SE. That is not the SE i want. :thumb:
I have mixed feelings.
They say pride goes before a fall.
"Scraps" right? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Izzokay.

We are talking Germany and England here, not Finland and Latvia.

Kai. O ma se o...
When push comes to shove and we start struggling to beat 'common' Togo or Rep of Benin in a crunch match, the way Nigerians will descend on our local players eh... they won't know whether To Go or To Go Come. :idea:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I have mixed feelings.
Izzokay.

Kai. O ma se o...
When push comes to shove and we start struggling to beat 'common' Togo or Rep of Benin in a crunch match, the way Nigerians will descend on our local players eh... they won't know whether To Go or To Go Come. :idea:
When Nigerians complain rather arrogantly (I mean I get the national pride part) about these German or English "rejects" etc that opt for us when all chips are down, I try not to pin it down to delusions of grandeur or perhaps nostalgia from our glorious past. I just ask them to remind me if our football league back home became so world class overnight that we now churn out world class players like some seventh wonder factory machine? but then I end up not even bothering myself asking... cause I know what the typical reply will be. Let's just be grateful we are blessed enough to have a vast pool of foreign born talents of Nigerian heritage to tap from... now whether or not the interest of these foreign legions lies with Naija or not, is simply subject to the various types of circumstances, opportunities among other factors (upbringing and cultural/environmental awareness) that they find themselves in. What works for a Saka might differ from what what works for an Iwobi or Aina etc in regards to choosing what country to represent... does that make them all less Nigerian in heritage? people have rights to have choices, and you damn well should expect them to settle for the ones they deem better for their careers. Its not the fault of these foreign kids that our league back home is utter wank.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Nigerians and arrogance.
Instead of being thankful and celebrating the fact that we have such vast quality resources to tap into, we deride them and call them 'foreign rejects'. Seriously??
We are in a very unique position which EVERY other African country would love to be in, yet we question whether we should tap those resources to make our team stronger. We would rather continue on the same path we have been on for decades, which has brought very limited (if any) success on the continental and global stage. Why not try a different approach?
I see Algerians celebrating their success as a nation, not caring one iota whether or not their team is stacked with foreign born French Algerians. At the end of the day, they are still Algerians and have a right to represent their fatherland. Why the heck should Nigeria be any different? What's wrong in leveraging your foreign assets to make yourself stronger?
It will be incredibly stupid and daft of Nigeria not to tap into this vast resource.
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I have mixed feelings.
Izzokay.

Kai. O ma se o...
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

You know there is trouble when Rohr fan boys are not excited about Rohr latest recruit.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:You know there is trouble when Rohr fan boys are not excited about Rohr latest recruit.
Apparently you're the one who is not happy here, don't push it on the true fans of the NT
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Kpom!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Finally, we will have a defense. WC 2022 looming...

Successful teams have great defenders.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Robotnik wrote:Finally, we will have a defense. WC 2022 looming...

Successful teams have great defenders.
Are they honestly that much better than what we have.

They are both young though so will be around till at least 2026.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Troost
Ajayi
Awaziem
Omero
Balogun

Adarabioyo
Torunarigha
Udokhai
Iorfa

Kai
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:Troost
Ajayi
Awaziem
Omero
Balogun

Adarabioyo
Torunarigha
Udokhai
Iorfa

Kai
When last did we have this kind of depth? I remember the era when the SE had just attackers but poor midfield and a subpar defence consisting of a Yobo who was past his prime and a host of other mediocre defenders. Now we have a very young core of defenders all playing in decent leagues. Honestly we won't get to appreciate what Rohr has done to our team because of his conservative coaching... until he leaves
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:You know there is trouble when Rohr fan boys are not excited about Rohr latest recruit.
Eyah! Pele aburo, it's quite possible to support someone and still see fault lines. You don't have to dig in and take a rigid stand, you can be flexible. Don't worry, it will come with more life experiences!
I am happy
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IF THE FAUCET IS IN YOUR HOUSE...

...you better be sure the valve is also there. Otherwise, your enemy can turn it off leaving you out to dry.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:IF THE FAUCET IS IN YOUR HOUSE...

...you better be sure the valve is also there. Otherwise, your enemy can turn it off leaving you out to dry.
Bell
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Facts...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL