Super Eagles break into top 30 in latest Fifa rankings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Super Eagles break into top 30 in latest Fifa rankings

Post by Purity »

Nigeria breaks into world top 30 of the FIFA rankings for the first time since May 2013.

29th in the world, 3rd in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Ghftl ... ture=share
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles break into top 30 in latest Fifa rankings

Post by vancity eagle »

The goal is to reach the top 16 or top 24 by 2022 WC.

Since the last WC all 4 pots are now seeded if we can get into the third or even second pot we would avoid a group of death like we were in last time.

A very strong run in the 2021 ANC along with a near flawless WCQ run could see us get into the top 16. I think we will easily get into the top 24 to at least get a third pot, but I would love to get into pot 2.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:The goal is to reach the top 16 or top 24 by 2022 WC.

Since the last WC all 4 pots are now seeded if we can get into the third or even second pot we would avoid a group of death like we were in last time.

A very strong run in the 2021 ANC along with a near flawless WCQ run could see us get into the top 16. I think we will easily get into the top 24 to at least get a third pot, but I would love to get into pot 2.
Amen. But mek we qualify first or the the only pot we'll be in will be a crockpot.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

For me, it should win the next AFCON and at-least quarter finals at the next world cup will be seen as successful for Rohr.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: top wetin with who **** as coach..the SE wey never tap leather in like 9 months..who made the ratings? The GOP? Abeg make we hear word
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: top wetin with who **** as coach..the SE wey never tap leather in like 9 months..who made the ratings? The GOP? Abeg make we hear word
Guy acknowledge and appreciate the progress been made, your bias or issues against Rohr shouldn't make you feel grumpy over everything. You are NIGERIAN and a SUPER EAGLES FAN FIRST before anything... everything na matter for una.. smh
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote::rotf: top wetin with who **** as coach..the SE wey never tap leather in like 9 months..who made the ratings? The GOP? Abeg make we hear word
Guy acknowledge and appreciate the progress been made, your bias or issues against Rohr shouldn't make you feel grumpy over everything. You are NIGERIAN and a SUPER EAGLES FAN FIRST before anything... everything na matter for una.. smh
The SE are yet to improve or surpass anything **** has done .instead he turned the SE to park the bus team
..kick and follow football, while hoping for the best
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Up Rohr!!!! All this should slowly cross out some of his favorite excuses from the list, we should no longer be going into games trying to learn from the ‘big boys’ since we slowly becoming one :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
The SE are yet to improve or surpass anything **** has done .instead he turned the SE to park the bus team
But all the very recent years we were playing "beautiful attacking football", I don't remember us even making the top 30 in the fifa rankings... abi na lie I talk? :rotf:
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

I remember Oliseh's team who played beautiful football huffing and puffing against Tanzania.
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
But all the very recent years we were playing "beautiful attacking football", I don't remember us even making the top 30 in the fifa rankings... abi na lie I talk? :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So may kwe-kwe nations above us just because they're European and playing themselves.
Ukraine, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Austria, even Wales sef.

Then Chile, Mexico, Venezuela, Peru, Japan.....

This ranking system sef. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Damunk wrote:So may kwe-kwe nations above us just because they're European and playing themselves.

On that list of nations you have up there, I feel we can comfortably handle Ukraine, Switzerland, Poland and Austria. That's it.

The rest (especially the Latin American nations on that list) will give us a tough time.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Damunk wrote:So may kwe-kwe nations above us just because they're European and playing themselves.

On that list of nations you have up there, I feel we can comfortably handle Ukraine, Switzerland, Poland and Austria. That's it.

The rest (especially the Latin American nations on that list) will give us a tough time.
Wales, Venezuela, Denmark?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

When have we ever beaten Denmark, or even Mexico? Venezuela and Wales would be tough for us, no doubt.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

When have we ever beaten Denmark, or even Mexico? Venezuela and Wales would be tough for us, no doubt.
Bros with our current attack(team in general) and of course good tactics, we can beat any of these teams and make them look very ordinary...hat's only if Rohr doesn't hunker down and okay his humble/conservative football and just goes for the jugular. But I do agree we will have it very tough against the Latin America teams considering the fact that we struggle against teams that play fast paced possession football.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Bros with our current attack(team in general) and of course good tactics, we can beat any of these teams and make them look very ordinary...hat's only if Rohr doesn't hunker down and okay his humble/conservative football and just goes for the jugular. But I do agree we will have it very tough against the Latin America teams considering the fact that we struggle against teams that play fast paced possession football.
We need more friendlies against these teams above us to help us move up in the rankings. We can definitely stand toe to toe with a good number of them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Even though we should respect Latin American teams, we shouldn't have too much respect for them.
I think as Africans we often do that, and na Brazil and Argentina cause am.

I know there's no comparison (and I constantly say so myself), but at the U17 level, our kids have no fear and
no over-respect for Latin American teams. It's probably the reverse, with them having a fear of us at that level. But as I always say, a major part of these games is won and lost in the head.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

The Mexican national team has never beaten Nigeria at the senior level either.
According to H2H, all four meets have ended in draws.
We've only met the Danes once (1998 WC) and they thrashed us like we stole something. (4-1)
That was 22 years ago.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

The Mexican national team has never beaten Nigeria at the senior level either.
According to H2H,all four meets have ended in draws.
We've only met the Danes once (1998 WC) and they thrashed us like we stole something. (4-1)
That was 22 years ago.
I don't see anything special about those 3 teams for sure!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:We need more friendlies against these teams above us to help us move up in the rankings. We can definitely stand toe to toe with a good number of them...
It might be even harder for African nations to break into the top 10 nowadays.
The only chance we have of playing these European nations in competitive games is at the World Cup (or CONFEDs Cup). Friendlies don't really earn us much and even those games are now harder to secure because of the European Nations league which came about as a "replacement for meaningless friendlies" according to UEFA.
So European Nations are playing less friendlies and more competitive games - amongst themselves.

It seems to me that the top FIFA rankings are not going to be challenged that easily.
I might be wrong and hope I am..
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Mexico we've tied 3 times, but we have a much better squad now.

Personally I think we could take all of those teams, none of them would be easy, but I think we get the better of most of them.

Chile is an aging team. Not too scared of Denmark or Sweden, but again they would be tough. I think our real ranking is close to top 20.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Our best bet to go high in the rankings is to win all of our WCQ ala 2018 and place in the top 4 of the ANC like we did last time.

Once we make it past the first round of ANC you cannot lose any points for a loss. We should be able to go 3 and 0 in the first round given our ranking (although Madagascar is on the mind)

Had we not lost that game, we would be likely 3 or 4 places ahead in the rankings.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
I prefer winning trophies/tournaments to any FIFA ranking!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”