Ladan Bosso and Fatai Amoo for U21 and U17?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Ladan Bosso and Fatai Amoo for U21 and U17?

Post by oyek »

Fatai Amoo replaces Manu Garba as Golden Eaglets coach
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor September 23, 2020 5:24 am
SCORENigeria has learnt that former Nigeria U23 assistant coach Fatai Amoo is now the man designated to head the country’s U17 team, the Golden Eaglets, in place of Manu Garba.

His appointment after many months of speculations that linked several names like Finidi George to the post is expected to be announced this week.

The former Super Eagles midfielder has handled some of the country’s top clubs including Shooting Stars, Sunshine Stars and Julius Berger (now defunct).

He is reputed to have blooded several schoolboy stars into the NPFL like Gbolahan Salami.

His first assistant coach will be Ahmadu Lawal of the famous Abuja Football College that started out Sadiq Umar (Partizan Belgrade), Emmanuel Dennis and David Okereke (Club Brugge), while Nnamdi Onuigbo of IB Sporting Dreams Abuja will be second assistant coach.

Onuigbo was fitness trainer with the U23s who won bronze at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

The Golden Eaglets are due to feature in the zonal U17 AFCON in Benin Republic next month.

Haruna Ilerika will head the national U15s after previously working with the team as an assistant.
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/fatai-amoo- ... ets-coach/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Ladan Bosso and Fatai Amoo for U21 and U17?

Post by oyek »

SCORENigeria has been reliably informed that experienced coach Ladan Bosso will return to his former post as coach of the Flying Eagles almost 13 years since he led the country to the 2007 U20 World Cup.

Super Eagles stars Brown Ideye, Elderson Echeijile, Efe Ambrose and Ikechukwu Ezenwa featured at this U20 World Cup.

Bosso leads the country’s coaches association and only recently agreed to handle NPFL club Adamawa United.

He previously handled Kano Pillars, Niger Tornadoes, Wikki Tourists, Gombe United, Abia Warriors, among other clubs.

He will replace Paul Aigbogun, whose time in charge of the country’s youth team was strewn with controversies and below-par showings.

Aigbogun was the long-time favourite to keep his job, but SCORENigeria has now learnt that there was a lot of pressure to make sure he was not re-appointed.

Plateau United coach Abdu Maikaba, who assisted Aigbogun last year, was also in the running for the post.
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/ladan-bosso ... ng-eagles/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Manu Garba nko?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Recycled failed coaches.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Must Nigeria always apply ethnic tribalism to everything??? What was the criteria used to appoint these coaches??? What have they achieved in the sport ? Ladan Bosso nothing but a maller
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not exactly choices that I'm excited about, however, Fatai Amoo is a respected coach. I hope Amoo and Bosso select players that are truly within the age limit and make selections on merit.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Honestly, you shake your head with the choices. Hands down the best coach locally is Abdu Maikaba not just on results but on how his team plays going by numerous accounts. It is a travesty that, repeatedly, he gets sidetracked with these appointments to be the lead on these teams.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Amoo na Ghana boy
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The NFF stays recycling the same coaches over and over...
Does it mean that we no longer produce new coaches in Nigeria?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote:Not exactly choices that I'm excited about, however, Fatai Amoo is a respected coach. I hope Amoo and Bosso select players that are truly within the age limit and make selections on merit.
Their mates are in retirement homes being fed akamu. They should join them there. but trust Nigeria, after all Buhari was recycled, why not 2 sh1t coaches, as well
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The NFF didn´t use their consultants to appoint coaches for the U-21 and U-17, why.....

Because, This NFF do not care about the U-21 and U-17 team, the result of these age group since this NFF leadership took over is a clear testament of their failure.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

This is really a head scratcher!! Ladan Bosso has no achievements I can think of. He is notorious for choosing heavily-built, old footballers for U20. He is one of those who feels football is all about physicality. Fatai Amoo should be retired by now although this is the lesser of the 2 evils. I don't hold much hope especially for the Flying Eagles in the next campaign. A lot of talented kids would miss this chance due to this boneheaded decision. One would have thought that if they wanted a home based Nigerian coach they would have gone for Abu Makaiba, Gbenga Ogunbote, etc guys that are delivering and continue to produce good sides every where they go. I personally would have gone for Finidi for U20 because we need a coach with international exposure for the U20s.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Adisboy wrote:This is really a head scratcher!! Ladan Bosso has no achievements I can think of. He is notorious for choosing heavily-built, old footballers for U20. He is one of those who feels football is all about physicality. Fatai Amoo should be retired by now although this is the lesser of the 2 evils. I don't hold much hope especially for the Flying Eagles in the next campaign. A lot of talented kids would miss this chance due to this boneheaded decision. One would have thought that if they wanted a home based Nigerian coach they would have gone for Abu Makaiba, Gbenga Ogunbote, etc guys that are delivering and continue to produce good sides every where they go. I personally would have gone for Finidi for U20 because we need a coach with international exposure for the U20s.
Adisboy,

TBH, The NFF is really a joke. These appointments make no sense. I would have even gone to retaining the U17 coach Garba Manu given his track record and the fact that he intends two scout widely. These two appointments sound more like a political arrangement rather than giving the positions to guys who have track records.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

When Finidi George was not chosen that tells you it is wuru wuru.

When Danjuma, the crap man, was made Falconets coach that tells you it is wuru wuru. He was the one that handled Falcons when they failed to qualify for the 2020 Olympics (postponed to 2021 due to Covid).
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

According to owngoal, Finidi applied for the U17 job, but it was given to Amoo because Amoo is more "knowledgeable of the system", whatever that means. If it's true it's unfortunate NFF passed up on a chance to develop an up and coming coach. Hope Amoo and Bosso prove us wrong.
Oguleftie wrote:When Finidi George was not chosen that tells you it is wuru wuru.

When Danjuma, the crap man, was made Falconets coach that tells you it is wuru wuru. He was the one that handled Falcons when they failed to qualify for the 2020 Olympics (postponed to 2021 due to Covid).
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

Full list:

U20 BOYS: Isah Ladan Bosso (Head Coach); Oladuni Oyekale (Assistant Coach); Jolomi Atune Alli (Assistant Coach); Samaila Marwa Keshi (Assistant Coach/Scout); Suleiman Shuaibu Akanmu (Goalkeeper Coach)

U17 BOYS: Fatai Amoo (Head Coach); Ahmed Lawal Dankoli (Assistant Coach); Nnamdi Onuigbo (Assistant Coach); Hassan Abdallah (Assistant Coach/Scout); Danlami Kwasau (Goalkeeper Coach)

U20 GIRLS: Christopher Danjuma (Head Coach); Moses Aduku (Assistant Coach); Bilkisu Tijani (Assistant Coach); Charity Nwere Nnedinma (Assistant Coach/Scout); Audu Yahaya (Goalkeeper Coach)

U17 GIRLS: Bankole Olowookere (Head Coach); Queen Okpa (Assistant Coach); Adanna Nwaneri (Assistant Coach); Moroof Nojimu (Assistant Coach/Scout); Mohammed Abubakar Ndanusa (Goalkeeper Coach)

U15 BOYS: Omoniyi Haruna Ilerika Usman (Head Coach); Bassey Patrick (Assistant Coach); Olubunmi Haruna (Assistant Coach); Mohammed Kalli Kachalla (Assistant Coach/Scout); Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeeper Coach)

U13 BOYS: Abdullahi Tyabo Umar (Head Coach); Salisu Ibrahim (Assistant Coach); Bamai Bukar (Assistant Coach); Mohammed Kwairanga (Assistant Coach); Ifeanyi Uba (Assistant Coach/Scout); Abubakar Abdullahi (Goalkeeper Coach)

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/bosso-n ... rn88puja4t
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Does anyone have any info on any of the assistants appointed? I notice that there are a lot of northerners in the technical crew. I have no problem with it as long as they are qualified. Hope it's not federal character rearing its ugly head again.
proclaimjesus02 wrote:Full list:

U20 BOYS: Isah Ladan Bosso (Head Coach); Oladuni Oyekale (Assistant Coach); Jolomi Atune Alli (Assistant Coach); Samaila Marwa Keshi (Assistant Coach/Scout); Suleiman Shuaibu Akanmu (Goalkeeper Coach)

U17 BOYS: Fatai Amoo (Head Coach); Ahmed Lawal Dankoli (Assistant Coach); Nnamdi Onuigbo (Assistant Coach); Hassan Abdallah (Assistant Coach/Scout); Danlami Kwasau (Goalkeeper Coach)

U20 GIRLS: Christopher Danjuma (Head Coach); Moses Aduku (Assistant Coach); Bilkisu Tijani (Assistant Coach); Charity Nwere Nnedinma (Assistant Coach/Scout); Audu Yahaya (Goalkeeper Coach)

U17 GIRLS: Bankole Olowookere (Head Coach); Queen Okpa (Assistant Coach); Adanna Nwaneri (Assistant Coach); Moroof Nojimu (Assistant Coach/Scout); Mohammed Abubakar Ndanusa (Goalkeeper Coach)

U15 BOYS: Omoniyi Haruna Ilerika Usman (Head Coach); Bassey Patrick (Assistant Coach); Olubunmi Haruna (Assistant Coach); Mohammed Kalli Kachalla (Assistant Coach/Scout); Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeeper Coach)

U13 BOYS: Abdullahi Tyabo Umar (Head Coach); Salisu Ibrahim (Assistant Coach); Bamai Bukar (Assistant Coach); Mohammed Kwairanga (Assistant Coach); Ifeanyi Uba (Assistant Coach/Scout); Abubakar Abdullahi (Goalkeeper Coach)

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

To be fair to Bosso, his U20 team did have some decent players that went on to play for the SE (Ideye, Ezenwa, Efe Ambrose, Echejile). His team also had a few others who were either standouts in the NPFL for many years (Femi Thomas and Bello Kofarmata); or who showed glimpses of promise at some point (Ezekiel Bala, Chukwuma Akabueze, and Nduka Ozokwo).

He's definitely not my ideal candidate, and his team wasn't the most disciplined or tactically sound. However, if you're looking for a silver lining, I think his selections were closer to merit than Aigbogun's. Aigbogun with all his European experience had a very poor U20 team.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

In my view, some of the assistants are very good record raising grass roots teams, based on media reports. Introducing them to national team football can be quite a good idea because they already have connections to the local academies and grass roots football, where some of these players will come from.
olu wrote:Does anyone have any info on any of the assistants appointed? I notice that there are a lot of northerners in the technical crew. I have no problem with it as long as they are qualified. Hope it's not federal character rearing its ugly head again.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:In my view, some of the assistants are very good record raising grass roots teams, based on media reports. Introducing them to national team football can be quite a good idea because they already have connections to the local academies and grass roots football, where some of these players will come from.
olu wrote:Does anyone have any info on any of the assistants appointed? I notice that there are a lot of northerners in the technical crew. I have no problem with it as long as they are qualified. Hope it's not federal character rearing its ugly head again.

Enugu II,

I was about to say the same thing. A good number of the assistants are well connected to the grassroots level as you said. That should be a positive. But overall these appointments leave a lot to be desired.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

oyek wrote:Fatai Amoo replaces Manu Garba as Golden Eaglets coach
Score Nigeria Editor by Score Nigeria Editor September 23, 2020 5:24 am
SCORENigeria has learnt that former Nigeria U23 assistant coach Fatai Amoo is now the man designated to head the country’s U17 team, the Golden Eaglets, in place of Manu Garba.

His appointment after many months of speculations that linked several names like Finidi George to the post is expected to be announced this week.

The former Super Eagles midfielder has handled some of the country’s top clubs including Shooting Stars, Sunshine Stars and Julius Berger (now defunct).

He is reputed to have blooded several schoolboy stars into the NPFL like Gbolahan Salami.

His first assistant coach will be Ahmadu Lawal of the famous Abuja Football College that started out Sadiq Umar (Partizan Belgrade), Emmanuel Dennis and David Okereke (Club Brugge), while Nnamdi Onuigbo of IB Sporting Dreams Abuja will be second assistant coach.

Onuigbo was fitness trainer with the U23s who won bronze at the 2016 Rio Olympics.

The Golden Eaglets are due to feature in the zonal U17 AFCON in Benin Republic next month.

Haruna Ilerika will head the national U15s after previously working with the team as an assistant.
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/fatai-amoo- ... ets-coach/

Which Haruna Ilerika is this?
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mystic,

I feel the same way. It makes me feel like the real basis for the selections is based on two things:

(1) Select the Chief coaches based on ethnic distribution and some other consideration
(2) Assist them with coaches who know how to get young talents quick and may have some developmental abilities.

Given the above, there does not seem to be a focus on coaching achievement at the head coach level or strong team building there. This is just my view.

mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:In my view, some of the assistants are very good record raising grass roots teams, based on media reports. Introducing them to national team football can be quite a good idea because they already have connections to the local academies and grass roots football, where some of these players will come from.

Enugu II,

I was about to say the same thing. A good number of the assistants are well connected to the grassroots level as you said. That should be a positive. But overall these appointments leave a lot to be desired.