Ekong to Watford

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ekong to Watford

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://the72.co.uk/193122/watford-set- ... rnational/

Tori oloun! What kind of move is this? For $4m? No wonder Rohr is stocking up on German defenders. This is a disappointing move for Troost. Haba... :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Ekong to Watford

Post by gochino »

:???: :???: Nigerian players can really make dumb moves! I hope this turns out to be just a rumour.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

gochino wrote::???: :???: Nigerian players can really make dumb moves! I hope this turns out to be just a rumour.

I think it's a done deal. No wonder Rohr is stocking up on defenders from Germany. Na Watford defender go carry us to WC semis?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Udinese and Watford are both owned by the same family.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Paveman wrote:Udinese and Watford are both owned by the same family.
Yeah true! I remember Ighalo...But still this doesn't make sense considering the fact he performed well in Italy and even made the team of the week several times.
Last edited by gochino on Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

gochino wrote:
Yeah true! I remember Ighalo...But still this doesn't make sense considering the fact he performed well in Italy and even made team of the week several times.
Agreed!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Is that why they're sending him on a mission to help get Watford back to the premiere league? Would they do that to a top Italian CD?
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I remember saying on here a few months ago that I don’t really trust Ekong as a defender ....that he had a lot of holes in his game....a lot of people were not happy.

A 27 year old Euro-born, Italian trained defender can only get a Championship transfer??
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote::???: :???: Nigerian players can really make dumb moves! I hope this turns out to be just a rumour.
I'm telling you.
I mean, WTF? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

This makes no sense, he needs to sack his agent!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

LOL :dream: :ohmy: I WAS SHOCK WHEN I SAW THE NEWS!!
thanks
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

This is mind boggling!
I don't understand this from Troost-Ekong.
You leave the Serie A to go play for a championship team that will not be able to comeback to the EPL for a while.
Shocked!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:I remember saying on here a few months ago that I don’t really trust Ekong as a defender ....that he had a lot of holes in his game....a lot of people were not happy.

A 27 year old Euro-born, Italian trained defender can only get a Championship transfer??
dean

But that isn't stating much. Not one of our current CDs is really top International class. That pretty much was clear. They may have one or two good games here and there but..... In my view only Awaziem comes close to fitting the bill. But even he makes several mind boggling errors. Hopefully, the new guys that the coach is considering will come good.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
deanotito wrote:I remember saying on here a few months ago that I don’t really trust Ekong as a defender ....that he had a lot of holes in his game....a lot of people were not happy.

dean

But that isn't stating much. Not one of our current CDs is really top International class. That pretty much was clear. They may have one or two good games here and there but..... In my view only Awaziem comes close to fitting the bill. But even he makes several mind boggling errors. Hopefully, the new guys that the coach is considering will come good.
Unfortunately, you are right, we don't have a top quality CD.
I am happy
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

He's basically being bullied to go to Watford by the owners.

This is pretty terrible and somewhat disrespectful
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote:He's basically being bullied to go to Watford by the owners.

This is pretty terrible and somewhat disrespectful
Well, and he is going with the flow?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:

dean

Enugu, despite our paltry fortunes in defense, our starter/stand-in-captain is taking a step back?? At least move to west Brom or something. Na Championship you come dey go...at 27???

Not a fan of Awaziem either. Like you said, we seem to have crop of defenders that are unstable (my major pet peeve for a defender) and prone to losses of concentration. The best I’ve seen are Balogun (I know you disagree here) and Ebuehi. Both obviously have “k-leg” now due to old age and injury.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

dean

Enugu, despite our paltry fortunes in defense, our starter/stand-in-captain is taking a step back?? At least move to west Brom or something. Na Championship you come dey go...at 27???

Not a fan of Awaziem either. Like you said, we seem to have crop of defenders that are unstable (my major pet peeve for a defender) and prone to losses of concentration. The best I’ve seen are Balogun (I know you disagree here) and Ebuehi. Both obviously have “k-leg” now due to old age and injury.
We do not have top quality CDs, even though Ekong has improved by moving to Italy, he's not even up to the level of an Isaac Okoronkwo not to talk of Joseph Yobo.
He has been a vital part of the Rohr project for the 2022 WC, gaining experience at the 2016 Olympics, 2018 WC, 2019 AFCON and hoping that he would continue to gain top level experience leading to the WC. This move is dampening and even bringing in 2 new CDs from Germany were meant to compliment him and not replace him because of the experience he has gathered which is really important for a relatively young and inexperienced squad.
He really should reconsider before it's too late. Rohr needs to get on his case like he did to stop Samuel Kalu from moving to Fernabache.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

dean

We do not have top quality CDs, even though Ekong has improved by moving to Italy, he's not even up to the level of an Isaac Okoronkwo not to talk of Joseph Yobo.
He has been a vital part of the Rohr project for the 2022 WC, gaining experience at the 2016 Olympics, 2018 WC, 2019 AFCON and hoping that he would continue to gain top level experience leading to the WC. This move is dampening and even bringing in 2 new CDs from Germany were meant to compliment him and not replace him because of the experience he has gathered which is really important for a relatively young and inexperienced squad.
He really should reconsider before it's too late. Rohr needs to get on his case like he did to stop Samuel Kalu from moving to Fernabache.
Agree 100%, but I'm bothered by Ugbowo's earlier comment that he is being "bullied' to move by the co-owners of both clubs.

Unless he is plain stupid, I really can't imagine him wanting to make such a move.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

dean

Agree 100%, but I'm bothered by Ugbowo's earlier comment that he is being "bullied' to move by the co-owners of both clubs.

Unless he is plain stupid, I really can't imagine him wanting to make such a move.
Watford are selling their best players, Doucoure has moved to Everton and the likes of Deeney, Sarr, Capoue will be sold before the end of the transfer window. So I don't see them coming back up immediately and the move makes no sense to me.
I am happy
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

This might be more than just a footballing decision. Hold fire, he might have more to say about his decision Considering how racially charged the football atmosphere in Italy can be.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Paveman: William Troost Ekong

Post by Dammy »

Paveman, as an authority on Italian football on this forum, please can you give us an insight as to why Ekong is moving from Serie A to the English championship?
Is he being forced out by the owners as alleged?
Your contributions to this topic will be very important. Thanks
I am happy
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paveman: William Troost Ekong

Post by Purity »

Pave.. i am waiting for your reply.. long time no see..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.