Under radar players that might make SE within 2yrs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Under radar players that might make SE within 2yrs

Post by chief nfachairman »

So I started this piece 2 months ago but couldnt finish it up due to work demands. Some updates have happened recently
1. Zaidu Samusi moved to Porto and has been invited to SE.
2. Frank Onyeka has been invited to SE.
3. Terrem Moffi just moved to Lique 1.

1. Chima Akas (Belenses - Prem, Portugal): Left back. Moved to portual 2 seaosn ago after a powerful showing in the Swedish league. He has remained a starter ever since joining this club and severally played on the left side of a 3 man CD. NOt electric like Zaidu but very very dependable and reliable.
2. Zaidu Sanusi (Santa Clara - Prem, Portugal): several MOTM awards last season. RUmours are that Porto and a newly promoted team in Germany are after his signature. MIght just be another world class player.
3. Olabiran Muyiwa (Shanktar DOnesk, Ukraine): Wiger. Walked into Imama's U23 easily except on 1 or 2 occasions. Very electric and strong player. Moved from his lowly Russian team to Donesk after 1 season which shows how much Donesk values his skills. He's likely to go on loan this season to another Ukrainian team but dont forget Dennis moved from this league to Club Bruge.
4. Ishaq Abdulrazaq ( IFK Norrköping - Prem, SWE): Golden Boy as he is called was part of the 2017 U17 team that flopped. The team also had Chidera Ejuke. Ishaq was the only spark and the heartbeat in the whole team which earned him the nickname, Golden boy. A very skillful play maker, IShaq would soon claim a starting role in his team and that woudl be the beginning of his rise.
5. Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg - Prem, SWE): Young player of the year last season and Goteborg's best player. He's doing it again this season and it would probably be his last in this league. Top 8 beckons.
6. Abdullai Alhassan (CD Nacional - Prem, Portugal): His team got relagated 2 seasons ago but he stayed with them and they gained promotion right back. In his first season, he started less than 30% of the team's game but was regualar in the lower div. Hopefully, this very skillful dribbler shows his stuff this season. PLays all positions in the midfield but played primaily as a DM for Nacional last season.
7. Terrem Moffi (Kortrijk - Prem, Belgium): 5goals in 9games for a club he newly joined. The best part about him is not the goals he scored but his overall contributions in those games. He was the heart of Korjik and another Osimhem in Chaleroi. I dont see him in this club for long.
8. Junior Pius (ROyal Antwerp - Prem, BEL): Former Porto Youth teamer. His had a horrible time due to injury. He joined Royal last season and walked right into their starting 11 but a collision 2 weeks after put him out for the whole season. I believe in Pius talents. Very skillful and physically strong CenterBack.
9. Paul Mukairu (Antalyaspor - Prem, Turkey): This 20yr old gem played 1 season in Anta's youth team and became a starter in the main team a season after and terrorized opponents. He's been linked with several teams in mainstream Europe and it wouldn't be long before he leaves Turkey for something bigger.
10. James Igbekeme (Real Zaragoza - Segunda, SPain): Fast and skillful midfielder. He's team missed promotion spot by whiskers. He's been a major player for Zara in the past 2 seasons. Hopefully they get promoted this season or he finds his way up to the Laliga depending on the performnace he puts in this season.
11. Theophilus Awua (Spezia - Serie B, Italy loan to Livorno - Serie B): Been on loan to Serie C clubs since he joine dbu last season, he played in Serie B and played every game for the club he joined on loan (Livorno). A attacking/ central midfielder to watch out for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7neoKNK4Kms
12. Kingsley MIcheal (Bologna - Serie A, Loan to Cremononese - Serie B): Had a great season with Perugia and injury came calling last season hence he had limited appearance. Hope he can finally achieve his full potential this season and make it to Bologna's first team soon.
13. Hamdi Akujobi (Herenveen - Prem, Dutch League):
14. Leke JAmes (Molde - Prem, Norway): 2nd HIghest goal scorer in Norway. He has been steady and should move to a bigger club soon.
15. Frank Onyeka (FC midtjylland - Prem, Denmark): Voted player of the season in his club. Fantastic midfielder (DM/CM) that shouldnt stay in Denmark past another season.
16. Musa MOhammed (HNK Gorica - Prem, Croatia): A right full back. He struggled at the beginning of his career but moved to croatia and has been a mainstay for Gorica in the past 2 seasons putting himself in the shopping window for bigger leagues.
17. Abdul Zubairu (AS Trecin - Prem, Slovakia): another Coach Bros creation. Tagged "new Kante", he was expected to move to bigger clubs before the beginning of last season due to his mesmerizing performance in Slovakia. An attacking midfielder that plays all positions in the midfield. The big move could happen sooner than later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5FGj72Q5NY
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Under radar players that might make SE within 2yrs

Post by Enugu II »

Chief nfachairman,

I haven't seen much of Chima Akas but he had been doing his stuff for several years in Nigeria and had already featured for the SE while he was based locally. He really should be classified as a bit over the hill, I suppose. I am surprised that he is still playing at a top level. Are you talking of retirement, instead of making the SE in two years!
chief nfachairman wrote:So I started this piece 2 months ago but couldnt finish it up due to work demands. Some updates have happened recently

1. Chima Akas (Belenses - Prem, Portugal): Left back. Moved to portual 2 seaosn ago after a powerful showing in the Swedish league. He has remained a starter ever since joining this club and severally played on the left side of a 3 man CD. NOt electric like Zaidu but very very dependable and reliable.
2. Zaidu Sanusi (Santa Clara - Prem, Portugal): several MOTM awards last season. RUmours are that Porto and a newly promoted team in Germany are after his signature. MIght just be another world class player.
3. Olabiran Muyiwa (Shanktar DOnesk, Ukraine): Wiger. Walked into Imama's U23 easily except on 1 or 2 occasions. Very electric and strong player. Moved from his lowly Russian team to Donesk after 1 season which shows how much Donesk values his skills. He's likely to go on loan this season to another Ukrainian team but dont forget Dennis moved from this league to Club Bruge.
4. Ishaq Abdulrazaq ( IFK Norrköping - Prem, SWE): Golden Boy as he is called was part of the 2017 U17 team that flopped. The team also had Chidera Ejuke. Ishaq was the only spark and the heartbeat in the whole team which earned him the nickname, Golden boy. A very skillful play maker, IShaq would soon claim a starting role in his team and that woudl be the beginning of his rise.
5. Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg - Prem, SWE): Young player of the year last season and Goteborg's best player. He's doing it again this season and it would probably be his last in this league. Top 8 beckons.
6. Abdullai Alhassan (CD Nacional - Prem, Portugal): His team got relagated 2 seasons ago but he stayed with them and they gained promotion right back. In his first season, he started less than 30% of the team's game but was regualar in the lower div. Hopefully, this very skillful dribbler shows his stuff this season. PLays all positions in the midfield but played primaily as a DM for Nacional last season.
7. Terrem Moffi (Kortrijk - Prem, Belgium): 5goals in 9games for a club he newly joined. The best part about him is not the goals he scored but his overall contributions in those games. He was the heart of Korjik and another Osimhem in Chaleroi. I dont see him in this club for long.
8. Junior Pius (ROyal Antwerp - Prem, BEL): Former Porto Youth teamer. His had a horrible time due to injury. He joined Royal last season and walked right into their starting 11 but a collision 2 weeks after put him out for the whole season. I believe in Pius talents. Very skillful and physically strong CenterBack.
9. Paul Mukairu (Antalyaspor - Prem, Turkey): This 20yr old gem played 1 season in Anta's youth team and became a starter in the main team a season after and terrorized opponents. He's been linked with several teams in mainstream Europe and it wouldn't be long before he leaves Turkey for something bigger.
10. James Igbekeme (Real Zaragoza - Segunda, SPain): Fast and skillful midfielder. He's team missed promotion spot by whiskers. He's been a major player for Zara in the past 2 seasons. Hopefully they get promoted this season or he finds his way up to the Laliga depending on the performnace he puts in this season.
11. Theophilus Awua (Spezia - Serie B, Italy loan to Livorno - Serie B): Been on loan to Serie C clubs since he joine dbu last season, he played in Serie B and played every game for the club he joined on loan (Livorno). A attacking/ central midfielder to watch out for.
12. Kingsley MIcheal (Bologna - Serie A, Loan to Cremononese - Serie B): Had a great season with Perugia and injury came calling last season hence he had limited appearance. Hope he can finally achieve his full potential this season and make it to Bologna's first team soon.
14. Leke JAmes (Molde - Prem, Norway): 2nd HIghest goal scorer in Norway. He has been steady and should move to a bigger club soon.
15. Frank Onyeka (FC midtjylland - Prem, Denmark): Voted player of the season in his club. Fantastic midfielder (DM/CM) that shouldnt stay in Denmark past another season.
16. Musa MOhammed (HNK Gorica - Prem, Croatia): A right full back. He struggled at the beginning of his career but moved to croatia and has been a mainstay for Gorica in the past 2 seasons putting himself in the shopping window for bigger leagues.
17. Abdul Zubairu (AS Trecin - Prem, Slovakia): another Coach Bros creation. Tagged "new Kante", he was expected to move to bigger clubs before the beginning of last season due to his mesmerizing performance in Slovakia. An attacking midfielder that plays all positions in the midfield. The big move could happen sooner than later.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Musa Mohamed in 2yrs? :shock: Disnt he play in WC 2014 qualifiers? :sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Moffi is a beast. And still so raw, but his natural talent, athleticism and mentality will see him go far. Reminds me of Lukaku.
Very exciting prospect.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

So underwhelming... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:Moffi is a beast. And still so raw, but his natural talent, athleticism and mentality will see him go far. Reminds me of Lukaku.
Very exciting prospect.
Interesting.
I have never heard of the guy, but this exact same description could apply to Tolu Arokodare who isn't on NFAChairman's list, but who has just joined the Bundesliga with FC Cologne on loan.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

China akas is 26. Ighalo got into the eagles at 26.

In 1 season, he can end up in Lique 1. Then watch Collins haters make him number 1 on their list.
Enugu II wrote:Chief nfachairman,

I haven't seen much of Chima Akas but he had been doing his stuff for several years in Nigeria and had already featured for the SE while he was based locally. He really should be classified as a bit over the hill, I suppose. I am surprised that he is still playing at a top level. Are you talking of retirement, instead of making the SE in two years!
chief nfachairman wrote:So I started this piece 2 months ago but couldnt finish it up due to work demands. Some updates have happened recently

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:
waka-man wrote:Moffi is a beast. And still so raw, but his natural talent, athleticism and mentality will see him go far. Reminds me of Lukaku.
Very exciting prospect.
Interesting.
I have never heard of the guy, but this exact same description could apply to Tolu Arokodare who isn't on NFAChairman's list, but who has just joined the Bundesliga with FC Cologne on loan.
Has Arokodare pledged allegiance to Nigeria?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Musa Mohamed in 2yrs? :shock: Disnt he play in WC 2014 qualifiers? :sneaky:
Yea. But stopgap. Now he can come in on merit to a much higher standard team than the one he played for.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote: 7. Terrem Moffi (Kortrijk - Prem, Belgium): 5goals in 9games for a club he newly joined. The best part about him is not the goals he scored but his overall contributions in those games. He was the heart of Korjik and another Osimhem in Chaleroi. I dont see him in this club for long.
Spot on! :thumb:
He has just been sold to Lorient in France's Lique1 for 8m Euros.
Need to keep track of him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Very exciting prospect.
Interesting.
Has Arokodare pledged allegiance to Nigeria?
As pointed out by Gotti, Arokodare is a FESTAC boy that left Nigeria for the first time only a few years ago with the U17 team.

He fooled me and a few others too, thinking he was north American born. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This Moffi guy looks like an absolute terror for defenses, going to France will make him a major transfer target in no time. He's similar to Osihmen with his pace, strength,aerial ability but I don't think he's as good at making runs yet.

SE have never been so stacked at the striker position. Osihmen, Sadiq, Arokodare, Nacho,Moffi, Maja, Nwankwo, and Okereke. Sadly for most of them they may never get much of a chance with Osihmen at the helm. This could be another Oruma v JJ scenario for the next 10yrs.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:This Moffi guy looks like an absolute terror for defenses, going to France will make him a major transfer target in no time. He's similar to Osihmen with his pace, strength,aerial ability but I don't think he's as good at making runs yet.

SE have never been so stacked at the striker position. Osihmen, Sadiq, Arokodare, Nacho,Moffi, Maja, Nwankwo, and Okereke. Sadly for most of them they may never get much of a chance with Osihmen at the helm. This could be another Oruma v JJ scenario for the next 10yrs.
Anyone's star can rise and everyone's star has its own time.
Even if Osimhen becomes even better (as he will), there is nothing to say any one of these guy's can't surpass even him.

The prayer is that the SE is truly "stacked" with world beaters in every position. The benchmarks are getting even higher. You know something good is happening when a Man Utd striker and last year's AFCON top scorer is unlikely to make the SE squad, talk less the first 11.

That's the stuff of champions and how teams get to win World Cups.
Now we have to similarly raise the bar for our CDs and GKs.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Chairman,

I reserve my comments, my brother. :rotf: :rotf:
chief nfachairman wrote:China akas is 26. Ighalo got into the eagles at 26.

In 1 season, he can end up in Lique 1. Then watch Collins haters make him number 1 on their list.
Enugu II wrote:Chief nfachairman,

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Interesting article about Terem Moffi
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/proud-moffi ... o-ligue-1/

- Terem's father Leo is a close friend of Alex Iwobi's father Chuka
- They were mates at UNN and both played for Enugu Rangers
- Alex Iwobi and Terem are friends from many years ago
- Terem was dropped from Amuneke's 2015 U17 team (Osimhen, Nwakali dem) at the last minute.